The Barber and the Brother - Chapter 11

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The Wedding Finishes

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:00 pm

Sujata thanks each person in turn for their well wishes. She spends extra time with the Harbingers. "Azora, I'm so happy you could be here, returned from your strange trip. If only the others could have made it, but they are watching us from Nirvana now." She kisses the man's hand and smiles at Shamad afterwards.

To Janak she offers additional thanks, "I don't know when I'll be able to repay you for this wonderful mandap and the sari and all the things you've done so far to make this day so special, but I will. I promise you that." She let's the comment go about parting ways, "I hear the locals have cooked up a feast, I'm starving. It has been so long in Zakhara that I've almost forgotten what good food tastes like!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: The Wedding Finishes

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Shamad offers an embrace to the harbingers, except Janak, whom touching in such a fashion is taboo. He does not care about the taboos of hugging someone of a lower caste, he is doing the embracing, and as he's shown today, he's ready to cast off the world to do what he thinks right. Ghanji, Azora, Toranoshi and Rhotki, each of them have come a long way, and through each others' strength they have survived. Shamad knows that without these men this wedding would never had happened, one way or another ...
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:30 pm

The wedding reception is a time to forget the troubles of the world. It is a time to enjoy oneself and to remember the things you've been fighting for -- family, friends, Mahasarpa itself. You all spend the rest of the night eating and drinking, laughing, signing, dancing. In the spirit of the event Ghanji extends an olive branch to Azora and the two take to the 'stage' at one point singing a song to the new couple -- the pair are terrible singers, but seeing Ghanji with his arm around Azora's shoulder singing and smiling is priceless.

Long into the night the party continues without Shamad and Sujata -- the married couple slips off into their private chambers to being their first night as a married couple. Sujata is suitably nervous for her wedding bed, and Shamad is suitably excited and nervous as well.

Eventually the party winds down as dawn arrives, many people still awake. The Bridge and Groom not the only two who fall asleep in the arms of another. The harbingers forget the troubles of the world for one day, but the world has not forgotten them.

High in the mountain above the wedding sits an unseen shadowy figure, crouched like a beast in the darkness far above, unmovable, unemotional, undead. Its voice whispers to itself, "Enjoy your last day of happiness fools. Tomorrow living death comes for you."
So ends the Chapter, and possibly the game and all of vWorld.

This has been a totally awesome campaign, but the time has come to call and end to the adventures of Shamad, Sujata, Ghanji, Toranoshi, Azora, Janak and Rhokti & Pazi. They have seen the Ascension of two deva, one new, one reborn. They have crossed the world and returned, even died and come back from the void. So much has happened that the telling of their tale has taken almost 8 years (7 years, 8 months)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring