A Nearby Mosque - Chapter 11

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

A Nearby Mosque - Chapter 11

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:52 pm

The sleeping goddess shall awake
And start her lovely dance of doom
When seven tasks ye undertake
And seven wefts pass on the loom.
The second task has now been done:
The twin-soul was slain and rose.
The third weft is now begun:
The seventh bhuts great power grows.
Now the six shall start to fall,
Their death heralding the final doom.
The seventh one shall take them all
And string their souls upon the loom.
The third task now awaits your hands:
To find the talisman the goddess bore,
The skull-crowned glyph that wasted lands
And gave her bones the goddess wore.
Then shall the third weft cross the loom,
The seventh bhut arise in power;
Then shall Suaramas final doom
Draw nearer to the final hour.
Karttika 22, Year 1096

This thread arrives from here: Chapter 11

During a battle in the Leatherworker's Quarter, the heroes do battle with the Bhut of Mother Narmada. The ghostly woman has taken posession of a local Sha'ir woman, and not wishing to harm the host, Janak has trapped both inside an ectoplasmic cocooon. He now leaves the others there as he races to find a nearby mosque to try and get the aid of the local Imam's in battleing the ghostly foes.

Janak flies through the air over the buildings and the wall that seperates the districts. A nearby small temple minaret is within sight. Head down, body tilted he flys as fast as he can to try and find some form of aid against the undead Narmada.

Growing closer and closer by the second Janak spys the front stairs of the small mosque, and the smoke that trickles out of the front door. The mosque was once dedicated to Selan, the Godess of the Moon, that much is obvious, but the holy symbols and markings above the door are vandalized, destroyed, and smashed. The front door, once gilded with silver, lay broken open, as if the heavy portals were simply ripped from their hinges by some powerful hand.

It does not look promising.
Last edited by Vardaen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: A Nearby Mosque - Chapter 11

Post by Trogdor » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Selan, Janak thinks to Mani. It would have to be a mosque to Selan - damn her Holy Slayers. Oh well, no time to try another. Then, hovering near thet door, Janak shouts to anyone left inside, "hello the mosque. I know we've had our differences in the past. But we have one of those bhuts trapped for another half a hundred heartbeats if you have anyone that can help us banish it!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:31 pm

Janak flies down to the door and hovers there above them, the pair of doors lie on the ground, ripped from the hinges. Smoke trickles out of the window nearby, and the whole place just appear to have been looted and ransacked. Shouting into the building the Yogi's voice echos around and eventually is answered in the native Zakharan.

"And just who are you that you have had your differences with the former occupants of this mosque?" A figure steps out into view from a side chamber. He is obviously an Imam of Zakhara, dressed in a long green and white chador, with a white turban wrapped around a copper helm with a small point on it. A jade carved face of an elephant man pins the turban together. He wears a pair of matching scimitar's on his belt almost like a set of tusks ready to be used. "Effendi, if you are looking for the Imams of the Deciever Selan, then you are out of luck and Fate laughs at you. This temple now belongs to Afyalupagrah the Lost One Reborn!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:59 pm

"Given that the priests of Selan send Holy Slayers to try and kill me last time I saw them," Janak replies, "and that I helped facilitate the Lost One's rebirth with the Mystics of Nog, you'll hear no complaints from me. I for one welcome the return of the Lost One and the downfall of Selan." He makes a gesture of piety.

"But there is no time for talk," he continues. "We have one of the bhuts that are attacking the city trapped, perhaps for forty more heartbeats. Have you anyone here who can banish a spirit? She's exceedingly dangerous and destructive."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:47 pm

The Imam gazes up at Janak who hovers in the door, "You are an effendi then to The Lost One Who is Reborn? I do not know you, facillitate his rebirth? I am very interested now in you. My powers have grown ten fold over the last few weeks and a banishment is well within my abilities now. I am Imam Taymullah Abd Afyalupagrah. Show me this ghost, then we shall talk."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:55 am

"Will you let me carry you?" Janak asks. "It will be quicker, and there's little time." He lands next to the imam. "And once the creature is banished, I'll introduce you to some others who facilitated the Lost One's rebirth and explain more fully."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:51 am

The Imam considers a moment, "This could be a trick, you could be an agent of Selan for all I know." He sizes of Janak, "But you have a strange appearance to you, and your accent is foriegn." He steps froward his arms out, "Come. Take me and let us go."
I think the duration of your Cocooon isn't going to last much longer. Maybe give you a round or two at most when you get back. And on top of that this guy can only push the ghost out of the woman, he can't kill it outright, so even when you get back, if his spell works, Narmad will be banished from the woman, but still very much "alive".

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:41 pm

The timing sounds about right. But I'll take what I can get. Besides, then we'll have an imam with us!
"May the Lorebringer curse me to die a thousand painful deaths if I'm deceiving you," Janak says. Swearing by the Lorebringer means nothing to him. But a loyal follower of Selan would never speak falsely in the Lorebringer's name. Hopefully it would reassure the imam.

Then Janak flies over and grabs the man under the arms and carries him, more slowly than he'd like, back to the place where he hopes the bhut is still imprisoned. Along the way, he advises the imam to perhaps cast a spell that will prevent possession by the bhut once she's cast out of the woman she's currently possessing.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The End

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:59 pm

Janak scoops up the Imam, his twin Scimitars dangle between the pair at an odd angle. The Yogi from Mahasarpa transports the Imam of Zakhara across the city. The pair spy the others down on the ground standing around the cocoon. There are only seconds left as Janak lands on the ground...
Back to the other thread.

This Imam is actually Wayloss' new guy, but until he's finished with him I'll NPC him. He's pretty darn close already!
This thread returns to the main thread here: Mother Narmada