Plans Within Plans - Chapter 4

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Monkies!

Post by TetNak » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:34 am

** Shamad & Hamin & Rhokti **

Shamad laces his unburnt arm around Rhotki and smile. "I am pleased to see you as well, and no, I am not burning any longer." He looks down at the Heneyoki, "You heard about that?" Watching Rhotki recoil a bit, he waves a hand through the air, "You are fine my friend. Have you found much fruit around the Prasad Estates?" Shamad obviously begins to speak in terms Rhotki will understand and appreciate. He does pause at the monkey onto of Rhotki, but does not repeat his question about the monkey. Instead, he says, "Keep your monkey with you, I would not wish, it, to get lost." Shamad cannot tell the sex of the monkey, so just says, 'it', although he is sure that is a mistake and might be insulting after he has done so.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Monkies!

Post by Bitom » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:05 am

Rhokti untangles himself again and gets to his feet, still beaming as the monkey rushes back and forth ascross his shoulders. "This is Pakizah-Upahda. I found her in the jungle..." Then, perhaps remembering the scene at the gate and the difficulty of entering the city for normal people, he decides that this statement might get him in trouble, so he tacks on a "...like the Swami told me to." Becasue that makes everything alright. "But now I am back again... where is everyone? it's so much easier to watch after you when you're not in this city... you stay together better."

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Monkeys!

Post by Geist » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:25 am

Hamin seems in much better spirits, now, than he was earlier, in the plaza. He watches with intent interest as Rhokti is discovered among the ropes. As Rhokti's monkey companion falls upon him, the Brahmin laughs aloud.

"Ahh... Rhokti! It seems, Shamad, that our company is now complete!"

The Brahmin faces Rhokti even as he speaks to Shamad. Perhaps he is more wary of surprises from the young man than he was when they first met. Perhaps he is merely studying the fellow. Not much can be gleaned from his pearly gaze. At least not until the Brahmin is better known.

"I hope she has had no difficulties with a certain leopard friend of mine! I will be very happy to see her again once we leave the city."

Hamin has spent a great deal of time in the jungle, and with the various creatures in it. Unlike Shamad, he has learned a great deal about those animals who make the jungle their home. He instantly identifies the genus, species and sex of the monkey; though, of course, he knows nothing of her name or personality. In fact, he believes that at this point he may know less of Rhokti than he does of Rhokti's monkey companion.
Welcome, Bitom! You've really done your homework! I mean that. Kakita_Gokumoro told me about the huge hardcopy you printed & read to get into character of Rhokti. That's excellence in RPing!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:10 am

Shamad's smile finally fades, but the man seems to have his spirits lifted by the strange Heneyoki and his monkey friend. "Everyone will be here soon," he says, speaking of the others in the group that should begin to enter into the Prasad Estates after a day with their duties completed. Shamad gives a passing look toward Hamin when he speaks of a leopard but does not say anything about it.

"I am glad you are back, Rhotki," he says, "But do not leave the Prasad Estates alone for awhile. You are very wise and I think we shall try to stay together from now on." Shamad looks over to Hamin shortly. "Brahmin," he says with a nod, then turns and walks to his home within the estates where he plans to rest until the High Brahmin arrives.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Geist » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:56 am

The Brahmin returns the nod to the Kshatriya. As Shamad leaves for his own quarters within the estate, Hamin politely turns his attemtion back to Rhokti.

"Would you care to join me in the dining hall? The staff is preparing a dish for the memory and honor of Sharma Variya. Perhaps we can find a nice snack while we're there... and I'll try to fill you in on what's happened while you were gone. Alright?"

Hamin most likely will learn first-hand how flighty the young man can be. Rhokti may learn first-hand how Hamin enjoys nuts and fruits almost as much as he does.

"I have learned that until I have spent more time with all of you, I must rely on you to tell me if you are hurt or otherwise need my help. Ghanji and, I think, Azora, are both not well, and yet because of the importance of the matter, they are both out hunting our latest enemies!"

Hamin looks a bit discouraged by those words, but changes the subject - and if Rhokti is still with him - in body, at least, they all head for the Prasad estate - the Brahmin making an effort to share his knowledge of the events of the last day and a half (or so).

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:49 am

** Hamin & Rhokti **

Rhokti and his new friend follow along with the strange Brahmin which he has met only once, and that briefly. Perhaps once you touch a Brahmin, you are bonded to him and must be like his family. Human rules are so confusing. Kalyani is a Brahmin, maybe she can explain these strange rules to him. For now, Rhokti follows along and listens, leaving his mess of twine forgotten behind him.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:10 am

*** Shamad, Hamin & Rhokti ***

Shamad heads down the hall returning to his own quarters and his home to rest before the meeting, having forgoten about his reason for arriving early after being distracted by Rhokti.

Hamin and Rhokti head further into the estate, down the halls, a bundle of twine left out in the hall for anyone to find. The Brahmin and the Monkey-man (A good chapter title) make their way through the hall eventually toward the kitchen where Hamin double checks on the food to be served in memory of Sharma. Along the way he begins to tell Rhokti about what's happened.
Unless I'm way off, Hamin tell's Rhokti about all the stuff in the chapter that he's missed.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Chandala

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:18 am

** Nakan and Ghanji **

Nakan speaks his words to Ghanji and the Shikari nods pointing with his bow to the south. There is a hill that rises up out of the city, the shadowy outlines of stone tombs on its face just barely visible. "The Necropolis is there, where this Daksha is I don't know but I'm sure we can find her." He lets his bow take slack, his arm shaking ever so slightly from the strain, and tension he has put on it, rarely has Ghanji shown such weakness at least with his bow. The Shikari scowls at the Chandala and stalks off, "This way Vassal Nakan." Leading Nakan through the crowded shanty town of the the Chandala the two make quick time heading south among filthy narrow alleyways, past chandala sleeping on the street, and past stacks and piles of garbage and filth, for as well as being the undertakers of the city, they are the garbage men as well. The streets here stink terribly, but eventually the two emerge out of a back ally and find themselves at the base of a lone hill within the city. "The Necropolis, a place of ancient dead, where the dead were buried before the rituals of the funeral pyre began." The hill is closed off with a tall iron fence that encircles it. Atop it is a crumbling foundation of a funeral hall, and dotting its face are dozens of stone tombs and mausoleums. Something moves up high on the far right side of the Shikari and Muni's vision for a moment, and then is gone.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Re: Chandala

Post by Wayloss » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:53 am

*Nakan and Ghanji*

Nakan slides his hands into Bagh Nakh griping them tightly as he slides them from his belt. The Muni is focused and ready, he peers into the gatherd darkness and up the hill.
"I think we may have found something!" And the muni is off, He attempts to scale or jump the gate and sprints through the graveyard, up the hill towards where he saw the movement!

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Chandala

Post by Bitom » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:56 am

* Hamin and Rhokti *

OOC: I'm holding off posting until I get the following vital update: Does Hamin tell the poor monkeyman that Kalyani is dead?