Plans Within Plans - Chapter 4

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Toranoshi says, "Oh bugger..."

Post by Wargie » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:54 pm

"Where he is safe. I had no intention of bringing him with me...he is not directly inconspicious..." He looks up on Ghanji, "So I left him where he is safe and entertained as it is hard to move around with stealth when he is along."

Toranoshi silences and looks over the shoulder upon the crypt and then rises from his seated position and brushes off his trousers, "And speaking of him, I better pick him up. Now I know where to go for Anoop, and I believe I might just have seen the woman you speak off. They left this crypt moments before you arrived. But if we are to go inside, it should be all of us. So..."

The dhuka turns his attention towards the gate of the necropolis, "..I am going to pick up Azora. We meet again at the Prasad estate?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Toranoshi says, "Oh bugger..."

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:02 pm

Ghanji nods several times in agreement with Toranoshi about Azora, "Yes, from the first day I met the Baladhara it was clear that subtle action was not his fortay." He smirks thinking back to the day he met Azora and the moment he threw a door into a giant rabid mongoose to kill it. "Someday ask him about how he knocks on doors." The moment of weakness, and of pleasentness from Ghanji fades as he coughs into a balled fist. "Well, if someone alive came out of this tomb, that it is our best place to start looking for her, and if it someone dead, it only confirms its the right place." He glances down the hill, "Get Azora and lets meed back at the Estate, Shamad and Hamin will want to know, and the powers of the Brahmin will be of great use to us here if Saurama's influnce is at work." You are standing on a giant grave after all.

Ghanji turns, taps Nakan on the shoulder, "Come, we shall all meet back up at the Estate as soon as possible."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

The dhuka lets out a sigh of relief...

Post by Wargie » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:11 pm

The dhuka smiles at Ghanji, "Until we meet again then..." and so the heads away from both Ghanji and Nakan and begins to head his way back to the house of ill repute.

As soon as he is out of sight, Toranoshi lets out a sigh of relief and stops for a brief moment. For the first time in his path back to pick up Azora he looks over his surroundings, seeing the fear in the eyes of people, the closed windows and doors.

...a city under siege, yet no army outside the walls...

The dhuka walks into a dark alley and closes his fists into balls and drops his head to his chest while breathing heavily with closed eyes.

...what have we started...what have we started...

Raising his head from his chest he looks upon the dark wall of the building he is facing as he leans against the opposite building, they eyes glitter out of tears and the dhuka shakes his head, perhaps far the first time realizing the weight of what is going on. He raises his arm and wipes his eyes. clears his throat and turns in the direction where he is headed. He shakes his head, rolls his shoulders, flexes his muscles as if preparing for a battle.

..time to get serious....

And so he speeds up, taking again an odd route towards the house to shake any keen eyes which might follow him.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Monkey Tales

Post by Bitom » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:20 pm

** Rhokti & Hamin **

Rhokti listens carefully to the rest of the tal, still hiding under the table, but he has at least stopped rocking like a mental patient. His companion takes some of the 'trail mix' and eats it, but Rhokti does not. He simply cradles the monkey as she eats. His voice is still soft when he asks "Please do not take offence noble and wise Brahmin who I would not touch, but how is it that you have come to be with us. Shamad acts as though you will be travelling with us now. Did you already tell me? Did I forget again?"
Rhokti is in his human form, not his hybrid one, so he doesn't really look like a Vanara, on the other hand, he DOES seem to understand the words that are thrown in as a test by Hamin

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The dhuka lets out a sigh of relief...

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:25 pm

** Tora and Azora **

Toranoshi's emotion get the better of him, a good sign that he's still human. The dhuka covers ground in the city quickly and easily knowing the back roads, and avoiding the main streets he quickly returns to the House of the Red Lotus.

There in the House of the Red Lotus Azora has spent one of the most memorable afternoons of his life. The woman Ketika has done her profession proud. She now leads Azora down the stairs like a stray puppy, the man open to any suggestion she makes, her spell over him complete.

** Ghanji & Nakan **

Ghanji leads Nakan back through the city, over the main streets taking the most direct route the to hurry to return to the Prasad Estates in time to wash and clean themselves after their dirty experiences in the Chandala district. The two arrive with plenty of time, and Ghanji goes to wash, not showing his face again until the meeting.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:41 pm

** Tora & Azora **

Azora is led downstairs, in quite a gleeful mood, the weight of the current circumstances lifted from him for a while. It seems that even the fever does not affect his mood right now.

The big man settles down on some of the cushons stewn around in the main area. For the first time, he seems to notice that Toranoshi is nowhere to be found. He looks around to see if anyone else is in the room, knowing that Ketika will most likley have no idea where the other man went, having been quite occupied for some time.
And no, I did not take off the ring! :D

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:51 pm

Toranoshi walks inside the main room of the red lotus and sees Azora sitting with a rather pleased smile upon his face. The dhuka on the other hand does not look as pleased as he walks up to his friend.

"Azora...might have made things a bit hard for you..."

The dhuka walks past Azora and goes to the bar, he searches the bottles again, and he finds what he searches for on the top shelf. The bottle contains a transparent liquid and the whole bottle is covered with dust. Toranoshi brings it to the bar, grabs hold of a small glass and pours himself a drink which he instantly sweeps. He coughs as the liquid runs down his throat and afterwards he looks back upon Azora.

"I left you here on purpose my friend, it would make it easier for me to track down Anoop.." he silences and shakes his head, "Sadly enough I meet Ghanji and Nakan at the entrance I sought for. Hopefully he will not make a big fuss about it."

Again Toranoshi silences and pours himself another drink which he sweeps. As the glass is set down, he glances at Ketika and then at Azora, "I hope you enjoyed yourself...but we must be off."

At that, Toranoshi begins to walk for the door. And it is a changed man who walks there.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:54 pm

Azora stands, shaking his head. "You know Ghanji. Anything that involves either of us, he always makes a big fuss about... even if we have just done the right thing."

He tosses a smile at Ketaki. "Thanks for the great time." He then turns and makes to move after Toranoshi.

"What was that stuff you downed. Looks like it hasn't been touched by many people."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Shamad

Post by TetNak » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:00 pm

Shamad is sure to have a young Singh notify him when the High Brahmin arrives. Passing through the white curtains of his home, he looks about, seeing everything in perfect order, and hardly lived in for a month now. He almost staggers to his bed, falling into it, directly into the open space where the mosquito netting has been pulled back while not in use. Rolling onto his back he has not the energy to pull it closed, but since it is daytime, this should not be a concern. Even in his armor his eyes close and his mind wanders until sleep takes his worn mind and body into its clutches.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Shamad

Post by Wargie » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:11 pm

"Red Lotus extract..." Toranoshi silences and looks over his shoulder with a grim look upon his face, "Quite the potent drink...more than two of those glasses and it will affect your mind..." he chuckles as he opens the door letting Azora step out before him and then follows him as he continues to speak of the drink.

"One drink has close to no effect, number two will make your body relaxed while your mind remains clear. At number three you suddenly get the tendency to be very friendly, eager to please those close to you. At number four you speak without thinking, almost as a truth serum, yet you can still lie, but it is hard to concentrate. After number five, you die."

Toranoshi stops and looks around for a moment and then walks past Azora and again leads the man in not such a straight path towards the Prasad estate, though they move fast through the streets.