Duplicity - Chapter 5

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Splitting Up

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:57 pm

Shamad attempts to hurry, but in truth he is near exhaustion. He has fought, been hurt, drained, and tested this day. There is not one spot on his body not covered by sweat as his breath races to catch up and fill his lungs.

Eventually he does return to House Ravi as promised, moving into the house to ensure the scene has been preserved. His eyes look around immediately for any additional presences that have arrived.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Power of Suryakant

Post by Vardaen » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:54 am

** Shamad **

Shamad charges through the city back to the House Ravi. When he arrives he finds that there are several Raja's Men there, including the two that he saw previously before. Several Brahmin have arrived as well, led here by the man Shamad sent off before the group left as a whole. The Raja' Men are posted around the doors, while the Brahmins are just entering before him, no doubt hoping to find anyone else they might aid.

** The Others **
The High Brahmin listens to the recounting of Rhokti, and then Azora. "This has been a terrible disaster! How did I not see this coming. Oh Mahabhalla forgive me!" He pleads to the heavens to forgive him, and tears begin to flow from his eyes, but he does not cry or blubber (like Azora ;) ). "The children are dead? This is the worst possible outcome, oh the Deva must hate us this day." He nods to Azora, "Yes I have spoke to Bali, he has calmed down, and it seems we had misunderstoof his actions, and he had failed as well. There is time for that later though. I will not let another die here today!" THe High Brahmin then sets to tending to the wounded. He begins a prater to Mahabhalla, and all the greater Deva, and looks to Hamin and the others that entered with him, and it is clear what he asks without saying it. Hamin and the others take up the prayer and begin to chant along with Surykant as the High Brahmin steps through the room. As he does he rests a hand on Toranoshi's shoulder and the faitgue is lifted, the burning wounds on his neck go cool, and his strength returns. He does the same again to Azora and to Sujata. The trio can feel his first prayer still working on their wounds, while Suryakant has purged their souls.
Restoration on all three. No more poison, ability drain, faituge, etc.. And in a few moments the Vigor Spell will regenerate everyone to full Hit Points as well.
He then kneels before Ghanji and Yamanora. "They are gravely ill. It will take me much to purge them of this toxin. Bring me my things." He orders one of the lesser Brahmin in the room, and the man stops his prayer and darts out into another place in the building to fetch Suyrkant's personal healing kit. While he waits he draws on the chanting of the others, and returns to his own, as he lays his hands across the two bodies, one on each of them as he kneels between, and pours a pure white light from out of his hands into their chests. The bodies tense for a second as they are stuck by the light, and then relax. Thier color begins to return to them as he channels the power of the Deva into both of them oblivious now of everyone and eveything except these two and the Devas.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Re: The Power of Suryakant

Post by Wayloss » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:28 am

Nakan is awed by the power that flows from the High Brahmin. He remains silent and respectful of the physical healing, but can feel that as usual that the Harbringers have again failed at their appointed task. Even when guided by the High Brahmin, for even he could not see the Duplicity of the Healer.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:21 pm

Rhokti sits on the floor, listening to the healing calls of the Brahmin and what little conversation there is. His head bobs occasionally as he tries not to fall asleep after the exertion of the half-day, but he looks to all the world like a small child trying to stay up as late as his parents.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:39 pm

** Shamad **

Shamad's gate finally slows to a walk. He is exhausted at this point, and really he can do nothing more than attempt to regain his breath for several moments after arriving at House Ravi. When he is not panting and wheezing Shamad approaches the original Ravi Man and nods to him. 'œThank you,' he says simply, 'œThe injured have been taken to the Temple. Has any other been found alive?' Without waiting for an answer Shamad passes the guard and moves into the House, immediately heading toward where he believes the Swami to be. Turning into the room, Shamad looks down upon the old baboon and frowns deeply. Shamad turns and leaves the room a heavy sigh leaving his lips. 'œToday has been a terrible day,' he comments idly. 'œHas anyone informed the Prasad Estate?'

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Running off...

Post by Wargie » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:32 pm

Toranoshi feels relieved as the power of the priest flows through his body. His breathing slowly begins to calm down and gets deeper as the power slowly return to his muscles. He rises from his seat and turns his looks towards Rhotki and the makes his way over to him.

"I am going back to the estate, Shamad wanted to meet me as soon as I was back in health."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Running off...

Post by Bitom » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:45 pm

Rhokti nods, and this time it doesn't just look like he's falling asleep again. "Make sure that the unclean-humans don't take Durjaya away. I will see to him after."

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:52 pm

"I hope I am not too late for that." is reply from Toranoshi and he heads towards the door with a certain quickness in his steps. Once outside, he takes a deep breath and begins to make way towards the Ravi estate while his mind wanders on the issue of what Shamad might have to say to him.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:11 am

As Toranoshi moves to leave, the Devapala Sujata spins her Vita around and turns the spear-turned-crutch into a gate. She slams the butt of the spear up against the door way blocking Toranoshi's exit. She hisses in a gravel voice, "Wait just a minute there Shudra!" The woman pushes herself to her feet, the powers of the High Brahmin working wonders on her as well. She eyes the dhuka, "You aren't going anyplace..." she starts to move into the doorway, "...without me. Come. Lets go." She bows the Suryakant, "My sincerest thanks High Holy Brahmin." She then turns to lead the way back to the Ravi House.

It won't take the two, refreshed as they are, long to catch up with Shamad at House Ravi.

** House Ravi **

The Raja's Man at the door replies to Shamad following him into the house, "You are most welcome Kshatriya Prasad. I am afriad I report that no one else was found alive within. However I did send a runner as soon as I was able to House Prasad, they should be arriving there now in fact." The man looks at the Swami, the Old Baboon Hengeyoki is in his hybrid form, having died he reverted back to his most natural of forms, this strange comical mix of man and ape, but even dead he appears to smile.

Not but ten minutes later, Toranoshi and Sujata Prasad will arive at the house, looking much better.

** Healer's House **

Those that remain in the house are feeling amazingly better, but even the Brahmin's healing touch can't wash away the mental anguish and tiredness of the day a day that is just now reaching noon.
Feel free to RP in your two groups. At a certain point I may do some flash forward so we don't have to RP every single detail of being tired and hurt, etc.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:17 am

Shamad nods to the Raja's Man, 'œI appreciate your assistance.' Shamad has taken control of the situation, or so it seems, 'œThe Heneyoki,' Shamad says, 'œPlease do not move him.' He pauses, 'œI do not know what sort of burial rights they observe, but I feel they should be followed, the Swami '¦ has been a staunch ally to us and lost his life guarding this place '¦'

He looks over the decimated room again and shakes his head, 'œWhen House Prasad has presence here I shall probably depart. I will need to speak to Lord Prasad as quickly as I can manage it.'