Duplicity - Chapter 5

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Running off...

Post by Brennor » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:19 pm

Azora closes his eyes as the soothing feelings that radiate from the High Brahmin wash over him.

When he opens them, he bows, deeply to the High Brahmin, thanking him for the offered aid.

He looks over at the other wounded as Toranoshi and Sujata leave. He remains with the rest though, watching as the healers go about their duties while caring for his friends.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:43 pm

With so many brahmin around, the only thing the group now has to worry about is an all-out Yuan ti attack. And if that happens, someone will scream. Sure in the knowledge of his charges safety, Rhokti drifts off to sleep.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:57 pm

** Healinig House **

Hamin aids the other Brahmins as best as he can, as Azora and Nakan remain with the wounded Ghanji and the suddenly sleeping Rhokti...

** House Ravi **

Shamad has in fact taken control of the Ravi House andis ordering the Raja's Men around. Not long after a few Shikari wearing the white and emerald of House Prasad arrive on the tail of Toranoshi and Sujata. The Devapala keeps close to the dhuka as the two move into the house looking for Shamad. The Raja's Man nods to Shamad, "We will not allow the Chandala to move or touch the body of the Swami. I shall see to it personally."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:23 pm

Toranoshi and Sujata moves through the city of Bhalluka, and the dhuka remains silent as they walk. His face is pale out of concern and what almost appears to be worry, and as they are about to enter the estate of Ravi, he takes a few staggering steps before entering the house of slaughter again.

He looks around with disgust at the blood that seems to be everywhere in the house, not to mention the smell of death that remains lingering in the house. He hears the words of Shamad and speaks up as he walks to him, "That will please Rhotki, he asked me to tell you that the Swami should not be moved." he bows his head as he reaches Shamad and then speaks again, "You wished to speak with me once I had been healed. And healed I am."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:45 pm

Shamad looks between Toranoshi and Sujata and frowns, 'œSujata, what are you doing here? You should be resting.' He does not look pleased, but figures this to be her decision, as she is certainly strong willed. Shamad laces his hands behind his back and nods to the dhuka, 'œI considered having him moved to the Prasad Estates at the very least. Hopefully I can wait until Rhotki is able to tell us what we need to do.' He pauses and looks over Toranoshi without saying anything.

His eyes dart toward the Prasad warrior and waves them down. "Does Lord Prasad know the extent of this?"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:09 pm

Sujata comes in behind Toranoshi, her voice still hoarse, "I am feeling much better, and I wasn't abou to let this Shudra out of my sight." She moves up behind Toranoshi, her vita turned to block the hallway out.

The Shikari turn pale, "No." They did not expect to see the slaughter either, and while they are trained Shikari and Ksahtirya, they are young, and such a sight is hard for even the most experienced to take in, espcially since they are one of their own.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:15 pm

Shamad waves toward the Shikari, 'œI need one of you to return and notify Lord Prasad immediately. The children have been murdered by Narmada. The Swami is also dead.' He sighs, 'œThat is enough for now until I speak to him personally.' He waits for one of the Shikari to head back to House Prasad to deliver his message before turning toward Sujata and Toranoshi.

'œRelax,' he says to Sujata, his voice surprisingly devoid of the caring tone he usually speaks to her with. 'œI do not have time for this.' He shakes his head, 'œThere has been so much treachery that it is causing us to lose our focus.' He points to Sujata, 'œIf you have accusations to make I would hear them, with evidence, I do not take this lightly.' His eyes move to Toranoshi but he still does not speak to the man.

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:32 pm

Toranoshi looks over his shoulder upon Sujata with a raised eyebrow, "Out of your sight?" and then he listens to the words of Shamad and then turns his full attention upon the woman, and by now the dhuka is no longer pale out of fright what happened before, but what appears to be anger.

"You accuse me? You believe that I? I am behind this massacre?" He turns back towards Shamad, "We may not know eachother as best of friends, but I have never done anything to put our group in danger, and I have faced every danger on your side. But if you will find your cousins word to sound true in your mind, then my life shall be forfeit and you can take my life." He takes a step back and folds his arms across his chest.
Last edited by Wargie on Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:32 pm

The Shikari nods to Shamad, "As you say Kshatirya Shamad." The young man darts out of the house, glad to be clear of it, and races north to the Prasad Estates where Lord Prasad currerntly is.

Sujata nods to Shamad, and looks at Toranoshi, "The old woman spoke to Toranoshi. I heard her say that he had done just as asked, and that his brother had promised his loyalty, and he has done his job well. She said he would recieve the reward he was promised. To me that is pretty damning evidence."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:43 pm

Shamad raises an eyebrow, to both Toranoshi's outburst and Sujata's '˜evidence'. 'œI am to believe anything out of Narmada's mouth?' Shamad shakes his head, 'œToranoshi has never made any decisions for the group '¦ 'œ He shakes his head, 'œHe has no guided our path at all. If someone is to blame for our decisions it is I, Shamad Prasad, and certainly not Toranoshi.' He waves a hand of dismissal, 'œUnless you have more than the word of a murderer and traitor I do not want to hear any more about it.' He does not seem pleased with Sujata, but his angered attitude is not that unusual for someone who has just failed their duty. 'œBut we must understand our enemy,' he says, looking back to Toranoshi, 'œWhy do you think she would say such a thing besides to breed hate and distrust amongst us?'