Duplicity - Chapter 5

The Mahasarpa Campaign, a land of jungle ruins, an yuan-ti oppressors. Where swami, muni, and devapalas fight to hold back the curse laid on this once great civilzation long ago.

Centuries ago Saurama the Destroyer was locked away, defeated by the Deva of Mahasarpa. A prophecy was spun on the great loom that foretold that one day she would be reborn to take her vengence on the world. This is the tale of the Harbingers of that doom.(A vWorld Expansion)

Run by the GM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Running off...

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:58 pm

Sujata stands tall, her raspy voice is not angered or submissive either, but simple and calm. "The woman said what she said. I did not dare let Toranoshi act without watching him. I will not fail in my duties again and let a thief slip past my defenses." She holds her vita planted on the floor now, it standing strait and narrow. "I would be remiss if I had not told you Shamad. However, if you say that you trust Toranoshi, fully, and with your own life, then I will as well." She nods to the dhuka, "You can undertand my concern, can you not? We trusted Narmada, and look what she did."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

No longer accused

Post by Wargie » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:10 am

Toranoshi drops his head slightly and looks between the two, "In a sense I have done their bidding, but it has been without my intent do so." he digs within his clothes and brings forwards the bracelet that looks like intwined elephants, and shows how a couple of the tusks are missing, and what the remaining tusks actually are.

"These are needles, used by the deadliest assassins in Vriscika. Narmada was one of them and has probably been in connection with my family for many years. I should have noticed her skills earlier, I should have looked for the signs. We even handed her the weapons she needed to perform this massacre."

The dhuka raises his gaze and watches the inner ceiling, "I believe my brother is somehow in direct contact with Saurama, and my inability to kill him in a way ended with this. I think that if I had killed him, Narmada might not have been able to perform this. She used my hatred against brother against me. Her words were mean to spread distrust in our group."

The eyes are lowered and a wicked grin falls upon the lips, "And am I not a fitting man to take blame? One who can perform the same dark arts as her?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: No longer accused

Post by TetNak » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:02 am

Shamad takes a step to the left and then forward. He looks over toward Toranoshi and says, 'œThe High Brahmin himself sat and dined with Narmada. How can you expect to have more insight than he? We have all failed.' Shamad moves over to the Shikari, 'œDo not let them move to Swami's body unless I have agreed.' He waves toward Sujata and Toranoshi, 'œI shall return to House Prasad.' Shamad begins to move out of House Ravi to report his findings to Lord Prasad himself.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:13 am

Sujata will take command of the situation here, guiding the Shikari and Raja's Men as Shamad Voice, and since it was her duty to protect this house the first time around. "Shamad is right. We were all blind, and you were used the most. I see that now. You are not to blame for the old witches tricks. If High Brahmin Suryakant was dupped, what hope did you have to see through the disguise." She then goes to help in the house as Shamad leaves for House Prasad.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:19 am

"I thank you both." Toranoshi says and bows his head at the two of them. He then looks towards the door and nods at the two. "I shall rejoin the others at the temple and tell Rhotki that the Swami remains and that he can take care of it." Again he bows and then walks through the door towards the temple.

...if I had would have been in on it all, they would all have been dead by now...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The End

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:00 am

Toranoshi turns from the House Ravi and makes his way back to the Temple and the others at a comfortable pace. The day has been a disaster, and has nearly seen the end of several of the group, several times. It is going to take several days to sort everything out...

Rhokti's eyes fail as he falls asleep and the world fades to black...

Here ends 'Chapter 5: Duplicity' of the Mahasarpa Campaign. Chapter Six will begin soon with the gathering of the group once more several days later. Excellent RP everyone, you guys have out done yourselves at times. Also nicely executed combat for the most part. Please watch for Prive Messages as I hand out XP and please work on leveling up your characters during this down time.