Chapter One: Worked Like A Dog

The world of Dawnforge is a mythic land rich The world of Dawnforge is a mythic land rich in magic and wonder where great empires clash, intrepid explorers journey beyond wild frontiers, and mighty heroes brave epic dangers. It is a land where familiar and beloved races and archetypes are reaching the pinnacle of their glory and wonder. It is a vast and rich realm where newborn nations are still islands of civilization in a dark and unexplored wilderness sea. The world of Dawnforge is a land where the greatest deeds have yet to be done and epic heroes are wrought in the crucible of legend.

Run by the DM Eanwulf
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Treasure - Gronn

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:25 pm

Tesseract wrote:Gronn examines the bronze scroll case to see what may be contained within.
The scroll case all but opened itself once in Gronn's mammoth hands. Inside the brass tube was a piece of vellum, rolled tightly and inscribed with various arcane runes and sigils.

Gronn quickly snapped into character and began to peruse the scroll's various incantations.
[Gronn's Spellcraft skill check, DC 21, Take 10, d20 + 12 = 22, Success!]

[Gronn's Spellcraft skill check, DC 21, Take 10, d20 + 12 = 22, Success!]

[Gronn's Spellcraft skill check, DC 22, Take 10, d20 + 12 = 22, Success!]
Within several minutes, the ogre wizard hummed and murmured triumphantly as he managed to deciper the scroll's contents.
The scroll seems to contain the following spells: alarm, disguise self, knock.

Valleda
Level 2
Level 2

Re: And So A New Day Dawns

Post by Valleda » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:44 pm

Solia perks up at the mention of the possibility of poisonous fungus. Though she generally disdains the usage of such substances, the young rogue can't help but think of turning a pretty penny or two from selling them.

Smiling politely, she saunters up to Faldrin. Once beside him she then places a hand upon his shoulder inquiring, 'œYes Faldrin, can you be a dear and tell us if any of those toadstools or lichen may or may not be hazardous to our well being?'

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: And So A New Day Dawns

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:45 pm

"I'll see what I can do, my dear," Faldrin replies with an exaggerated bow. "Given the last cavern we found, I wouldn't be surprised if it's more edible mushrooms. But you never can tell. There are some that'll sneak up on you."

With that, Faldrin heads over to the walls with the mushrooms, pushes his light up close, and takes a careful look.
Try and identify fungi

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

A Fungus Among Us

Post by Eanwulf » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:35 pm

Heeding his companions' request, Faldrin proceeded to examine the various species of lichen and fungi that surrounded them.
[Faldrin's Knowledge (nature) skill check, DC ??, d20 + 7 = 20, Success!]

[Faldrin's Search skill check, DC ??, d20 + 8 = 18, Partial Success.]

[Faldrin's Spot skill check, DC ??, d20 + 9 = 24, Success!]

Check for a PM.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: A Fungus Among Us

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:01 am

Faldrin moved from wall-to-wall, scraping a bit of fungus off the wall, smelling some, and even placing a few samples to his tongue to taste it. "Nothing seriously poisonous," he said at last. "But nothing too terribly nutritious either. It looks more like a place that grew naturally."

"I'll bet," He added after a moment, "the water rose over time, increasing the moisture and making a breeding ground for mold and fungus." He peered along the southeastern corner again and pointed out two lumps. "Boats," the elf said, "if I don't miss my guess. I'll bet they were here to take advantage of an underground lake or river. Maybe a secret entrance; maybe for fishing."

Then he looked past the rotting boats and stopped abruptly. "Back off," he said, gesturing everyone to the entrance they came in. And when everyone had made it back, he drew his bow and fired an arrow at some small lumps deep in the southeastern part of the cavern. "Could be trouble," he said as the arrows flew. "We'll know in a second."
Getting as far back as possible and firing at one of the lumps you mentioned in the PM.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Can You Hear Me Now...

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:57 pm

Faldrin's arrow blurred as it hurried through the air.
I rolled for a random target.

[Faldrin's ranged attack, DC ??, d20 + 8 = 19, Success!]

[Faldrin's damage roll, d8 = 6 points.]
Within seconds the shaft had found its mark, burying itself deeply within what appeared to be nothing more than a large mound of fungus, partially secluded by some rock formations. No sooner had the arrow struck its target than an ear- piercing trill began to rise and fill the air.

What was mistaken at first as a sizeable mound of fungi was in fact three individual mushrooms. The toadstools were quite large, each roughly the size and shape of a dwarf, and of a purplish-blue color. Two of the mushrooms stretched and pulsated as they shrieked. The remaining mushroom also writhed, though it did not emit a nearly deafening wail.

Instead the mushroom sprouted several ropy, tendril-like appendages and began flailing them about excitedly.
Will work on a map when able. Each of you is roughly 80 feet away from the mushrooms right now. Post responses as able.
Last edited by Eanwulf on Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Can You Hear Me Now...

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:54 am

Faldrin drew another arrow and let fly at the shrieking fungus. "We should keep our distance," he said to his companions," and take them out with ranged weapons. I don't think they can hurt us from afar."
Attack shrieker with arrow.

jrkrimin67
Level 2
Level 2

Post by jrkrimin67 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:18 am

Ariah nods his head, agreeing with Faldrin. "I shall use my hunting bow alongside you master Faldrin. I just pray that my skill with it is good enough to help."
Draw my bow and fire when able at the shriekers.

Valleda
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Valleda » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:32 am

Valleda's face contorts with disgust upon seeing the living fungus. Realizing that she carries no bow or otherwise 'long range' weapons, the young rogue sheathes one of her blades and slowly advances towards the writhing mass of shrieking creatures.
Sheathe degger and draw forth a throwing dagger. Move up to 30 feet away and start throwing them. If the fungus moves or is able to attack keep distance when at all possible.

Kharn
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Kharn » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:52 am

Kharn snorts loudly while shaking his head angrily. The large warrior carries no ranged weapons upon his person and if at all possible, never will. Not wishing to sit back idly, he graps his maul tightly and begins to advance towards the flailing fungus.
Will advance towards the fungus slowly, giving the rest of the party chance to fire their intial volley. Ready an attack for the right moment.