Unn Bjarndarson: Seeking of shelter, (Solo)

The old myths and traditons of the frozen north come alive in the Viking adaptation set among the comming doom of Ragnarok. (A vWorld Expansion)

Inactive.
Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Unn Bjarndarson: Seeking of shelter, (Solo)

Post by Wargie » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:28 pm

Unn wakes up in the smell of meat being roasted and the feeling of heat. As he opens his eyes he sees how his fire is quite large and burning in a good fashion. Though he has never experienced a fire to grow on its own during the night. And specially not placing a spit above it, a rather large rabbit on the spit as well. Blinking furiously a few times he realizes that it is still dark outside, but he feels rested, and then as he looks around, he sees a person sitting on the opposite side of the fire.

At first glance the figure appears to have blue skin, but as Unn looks closer he sees that every inch of the skin is covered by blue tattoos in thin blue lines in beautiful patterns. The man is dressed much like himself, though the head is bare at the moment showing red hair and beard with streaks of white in both. Glittering blue eyes look back at him and he hears a pleasant voice.

"Mornin'."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:34 am

Unn yawns, a deep wide yawn, as he streches his arms out over his head and twists his back from side to side. "Uuuuun...", smacking his lips together the smell of roating rabbit drifts into his nose and he smiles involuntarily. He rolls over and notices the fire is burning bright, and hotter than it should be and he snaps fully away.

Forest Fire! His mind screams at him that its danger, but his eyes lock onto the camp fire and the controlled blaze and he resists the urge to just run for cover.

The words of the strange blue tattooed man reach his ears over the cracking hiss of the cook fire. For some reason Unn doesn't feel troubled, not yet. If the man wanted to harm him he would have done so already. So instead of reaching for his axe, he simply pushs himself to a seated positon and looks over the fire at the man with a similar reply. "Yes it is." He sizes up the man's prowess, his armorments, and his rabbit!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:40 pm

Unn tries to measure the man who sits before him, he is quick to see that man means no threat to him, other than that he cannot tell if he can beat the man or not if it comes to a fight as the man is seriously wrapped up in fur clothing that conceals any sight of muscles. The man stretches out a hand and turns the skewer a quarter of turn while licking his lips, "It shoulda be ready soonish."

He then leans back again, and Unn sees two axes that lies crossed next to the strange man who speaks up, "Ach crivens! Ferget ta sey me name." he raises his hand in greeting and then says with a flat voice, "Me name's Hamish."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:52 pm

The hunter Unn seems at ease with the man, it isn't the first time that hunters in the wild will join together a campfire. Unn's done it in the past, and while he prefers the wild over the city, he isn't a violent man if he doesn't have to be. "Smells good." He picks up a stick and pokes the fire to cause some flames to die down a bit that are licking up the side of the rabbit causing it to burn slightly. "I am called Unn, I greet you." He doesn't reach over the fire to shake the man's hand or anything but he nods his head in hello.

Another yawn escapes his mouth as he leans back a bit and takes his ale skin from the branch it hangs on. Pulling the leather sack down he uncorks it, takes a sip and offers it to Hamish, "Frostbit Ale..."

It's strange but Unn feel comfortable with the utter and total stranger.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:12 pm

The fire sizzles as a drop of fat from the rabbit drips down into the flames. Hamish gets a smile on his face as the skin of ale is handed over to him, "Ach, yer not a scuggan nor scunner." he chuckles as he takes the skin and has a mouthful of the ale, "Crivens!" he errupts and then coughs, "Didna know that it had that much of a bite, ha!" there are almost tears coming out of the eyes from the man by the name of Hamish, and he chuckles, "Ah, a ged ale...been long since I had en of those.." he leans forwards and draws a dagger from his belt and then begins to cut into the rabbit.

"Aye, dats it." he says and removes the spit from the fire and places it upon a skin. Neatly and quickly the man divides meat from bone and then again divides it all up into two equal shares, "Dig in lad." he says.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:05 pm

Unn squints his eyes at Hamish when he speaks, having a very hard time understanding what he's saying, "A sugganwaht?" The man, drapped in heavy elk hides and other furs takes the ale skin back and has a sip of it. As the rabbit is cut up Unn just sits there watching, still sizing him up, but more out of curiosity than any desire to fight him, "Hamish, what are you doing here? A hunter?" His eyes roam over the tattooes on the man.

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:00 pm

Hamish places a piece of rabbit meat in his mouth as he appears to ponder the question that Unn asked him. After a bit of chewing, allowing some of the juices of the meat to drip down into his beard he replies, "Scuggan...no good person, scunner...even badder person." he nods his head at what he just said and then continues, "Yes. That is it." another piece of meat goes into his mouth and he chews happily on the warm food before he answers the second question. "Hamish is, not hunter, I live here...I am. Ach yes, I just am." he finally says with a shrug, "And you who have a name of someone sounding funny, what do you do?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:42 pm

The man Unn leans forward his own dagger drawn forth and he cuts himself a slice of the rabbit, popping it into his mouth as well, chewing gingerly as the meat is hot. "I am a trapper, a hunter, my brother calls me a barbarian, but I am just like you. I live in the wild because it feels right, and you are the one that sounds funny, not me." He rubs his hands over the fire, "Your colors, what are those?" He is also blunt, no tip toeing around anything for him. A thick finger points at the tattooes of Hamish.

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:27 pm

Hamish appears to muse at what the Unn says, taking in every word. While chewing loudly the odd man begins to explain as best as he can. "Sound funny, not from here, and have not said words in a long time. Crivens, I not spoken to a man or female in a long long time." he shakes his head and picks up one of the hindlegs of the rabbit and places it in his mouth, "This.." he says while pointing on his nearly blue skin, "...is, uh, proof of who I am, yes...show all that I am.." he silences again and appears search for the right words.

The bone is removed from his mouth, and it has been cleaned from all meat, "It is proof I am warrior." he finally says with a shrug and then he continues, "Now I only watch and wait." he finally says and looks upon Unn with a curious grin on his face.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:54 pm

Not to have his fire used for the cooking a coney and not get his fair share of one, the fur covered man reaches out and plucks the second of the back legs for himself. He chews away, adding some wood to the fire afterwards, and sharing his ale skin again when he's done. "I been trapping in these woods for only a short while, but I thought I knew all the warriors in these parts. I never seen anyone with painted skinn before." He wipes the drool and jusices from his chin letting out a deep bellowing burp. "Good food." He picks at the rest of the carcass taking a few more small bites, but doesn't over eat his half. "So..." He sort of rocks a little forward over the fire to stay warm. "...I have some traps and snares to check."