Unn Bjarndarson: Seeking of shelter, (Solo)

The old myths and traditons of the frozen north come alive in the Viking adaptation set among the comming doom of Ragnarok. (A vWorld Expansion)

Inactive.
Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Unn Bjarndarson: Seeking of shelter, (Solo)

Post by Wargie » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:14 pm

Hamish chuckles at Unn's words and nods his head, "You not see me, but I see you many times." he wipes his mouth with his arm and then looks between the trees, "Traps? Yes, yes...I help if you want." he cracks up in a grin showing a set of broken, yellow and some black teeth. He looks around the forest again and appears to be completely content with the current situation.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:31 pm

Unn looks a bit interested in the comment about being seen by the painted man before. "You have seen me before? You must be a fine stalker, I have good eyes and ears, but don't remember seeing you." He will work on finishing up the rabbit, sharing his skin and stoking the fire more and more. Once the meal is over he rubs his hands together. "I need to check my snares, if I have anything I have work to do today." He doesn't feel he needs to explain the job at hand of checking his traps, butching his kills, and preping the skins before traveling to nearby town to trade them for goods he needs.

He stands up, and checks all his gear, he loads up, taking everything with him, just in case he has to deal with another avalanche or trouble out here. The wild, while peaceful and his home, can be dangerous from time to time and recently things seem to be leaning on the dangerous side.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:01 am

Hamish sits in peace and listens to the Unn's comment about having a keen hearing and sight, and have never spotted the blue man. So Hamish simply sits with a smug grin upon his lips and in silences as he watches how Unn prepares to walk into the woods to check his snares. As Unn finds out that everything he needs is in the right place on his body, Hamish inclines his head in a good bye before he speaks up.

"Other see you good as well. Other things live here who watch..."
Hamish silences and then takes up a piece of bone left from the rabbit and sticks it in his mouth, sucking on it loudly, and with it in the corner of his mouth he adds, "I watch fire. You go..."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:56 pm

Unn nods at the strange tattooed man and shoulders his pack. "I will be back in a few hours." He takes his axe, and his short bow, checking that he has his knife as well and then trudges off into the snow. The heavily coverd man is dressed in thick elk hides, and other furs. The fur on the cloak and clothing gets caked with clumps of snow. His boots leave big dents in the snow, but he does his best to move through the lighter drifts or under trees where well worn game trails already have made paths. He moves off heading to his first trap, a loop snare meant to capture smaller game and snap them up into the air dangling them by their legs. He pushes past evergreen branches that shake free of their heavy white covering. The man grunts and snorts, sniffling as well as he goes about his daily routine.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:31 pm

Unn moves off from the camp heavily clad in furs to keep the cold out of his body. The man knows that the best way is to keep moving, and that he does. Behind him there is a strange sound, though Unn simply shrugs, taking it for a branch snapping under the weight of snow. He continues forward to his first loop snare. As he reaches it he sees that it is empty, and has been rendered useless by some animal. It will take Unn some time repair it, but it shouldn't be a problem.
Listen check vd DC 15; 10 vs 15, FAIL. Survival skill for trap vs DC 15, 1 vs 15: Fail, trap broken.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:27 pm

Unn grunts, "Unnnn..." he rubs his hands together to keep them warm inside the mittens of hare fur he wears. The forest is full of noises, branches break all the time from the weight of the snow, and today, after and avalache is no different. He tests his snare and can see its broken. Good place, animals come here. Be back later to fix it. He stands up, scans the forest around him and then moves off through a lighter snow covered trail toward his next snare, a large iron mouth like trap that clamps down tightly on a creatures leg is stuck in the middle of it.

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:13 pm

Unn continues through the forest and makes his way towards his second trap, hoping for more luck with that one. As he walks he notices that the path leading towards the second trap is filled with game tracks. Unn takes a closer look on the tracks, and his mouth begins to water as he notices that the tracks belong to a deer, and it appears to be of a decent size as well, now he can only hope that the trap has caught it as well.

He moves through the snow, and to his surprise and luck he sees that the deer has actually been caught by his trap, and lies dead with its hind leg stuck in the trap. Though there is something odd with the picture of the caught animal. The snow is too red of blood, the trap itself could not have caused such a wound, unless the animal would have caught it's throat in the trap.
Tracking: Survival vs DC 15: 24! Success.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:38 pm

The thick hide covered man stops dead in his tracks. His excitement at seeing the deer tracks, and then the deer itself is gone. He grunts, "Unnnn", at the sight of the deer and all the blood. A hand reaches up to his back where a large battle axe, coated in frost, is strapped under a fur cloak. He undoes the straps and swings the axe around into his hands. Tapping he two handed weapon in one hand, holding the haft with the other he searches the forests all around his location, and the deer's location without moving from his spot. He sniffs the air, the pungent smell of copper from the deer's blood mixed with pine fills his nose, but he hopes to pick up something else on the air.
Draw Axe, Spot/Listen all around.

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:01 am

Unn's axe flashes in the morning sun that manages to penetrate the thick trees and the snow that lies upon the branches. His ears are turning back and forth trying to catch a single sound of anything that might be around him. His eyes fall upon the animal, and now he understand what made the animal bleed so much. Hidden in the snow, a shaft from an arrow protruds from the throat of the animal. It appears as if someone have killed the animal to hinder it from suffering.
Spot vs DC 15: 15 vs 15: Success!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:13 am

The hunter and trapper Unn's eyes glitter as he spots the shaft int he show, broken off from the struggling of the dead deer. He doesn't recall if the strange man back in his camp had a bow on him, but even if he was that tattooed man he probably would have said something or brought the deer instead of the rabbits. Poachers. The thought me seem strange, for isn't he poaching as well? These lands however he considers his, and he is careful not to take too many animals, nor to take certain kinds. He's never like other hunters much, espcially those that come into his lands. Then again, they ended its suffering, that is good. He glances right and left, and down the middle path right to his deer and trap and opts to move around the area to the side where it looks like the arrow might have been fired from. He adjusts the antler dagger in his belt, just in case he need a back up weapon for this. The day has been odd enough, and he's not about to get surprised again if he can help it.
Can I tell from here what quality the arrow is? Well made or more Goblin craft etc?