Sven & Gusi: "Giants!" *splat!*

The old myths and traditons of the frozen north come alive in the Viking adaptation set among the comming doom of Ragnarok. (A vWorld Expansion)

Inactive.
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: The work of an artist

Post by Bitom » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:49 pm

There are, perhaps two who are not looking at the man in shock. Njal doesn't seem very shocked to see the man, and the younger man, Sven, sitting next to him, is too busy being surprised and staring at Njal to pay attention to the man at the door. "What the hell? I think you..."

Then the man speaks, and the Skald is on his feet. "If this is a joke, I'll see you strung up." But he doesn't wait for a response. His sword is back at the house he's been using, and it'll be needed.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:53 pm

"Not a joke brave Viking! I've seen the giants with mine own eyes!"
The perhaps in parody of the situation.
"I need food and a drink while you ready yourselves!"
He removes some coin for bread soup and Mead.

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:36 pm

The room explodes into sounds and motions. Benches are pushed aside and the commoners all attempt to speak their thoughts at the same time, until one voice is louder than the rest.

The owner and runner of this tavern with his fat belly and greasy hair slams a club against one of the tables and allows silence to fall. He looks upon Gusi for a brief moment and then speaks up, "Ulf, run to the main hall, tell Hjalli that there is trouble at the shore and we need to muster up." And so one small lad runs out the door and is gone in a second. Again the room explodes into sound, but the club is heard once again, and the owner roars, "Silence! Now..." he walks over to a door which he opens, and inside there is small room, filled to the brim with sword, spears, bows, helmets and shields. "Muster up lads!" he says as he exchanges his club for another club, this one with spikes and then walks over to Gusi, "Save your coin lad." he says and then motions for one of the maids to bring over mead and stew, which arrive within seconds.

Njal sits with a grin on his lips, "I think a story is coming.."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:47 pm

Sven returns, soaked once again from the slanting rain, but holding the sword that he's carried during all of his excursions around the villages and towns. He hasn't even buckled the thing on yet, just holds the scabbard in his hand.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Wayloss » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:02 pm

Gusi downs the mead in one gulp and takes part in the thick rich stew scooping it with bread and quickly warming himself. He eats quickly, and is inevitably the result of such a feast he releases a thunderous belch.

"Aye! that's good stuff!" Gusi grabs Sven, the boy looking lost in returning to the Inn. "He said to Muster lad! Take me to your muster field!"

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Mustering

Post by Bitom » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:25 pm

Sven motions to the open door and the men gathering there. "You're in it, sailor. Take whatcha'll need, then follow me. We'll be standing at the fore of this, and we'll need you to lead us right to it."

He may look like a boy, but it becomes clear very quickly that he's one of those 'in the know' of the town. He doesn't take any weapons or armor from the room, having brought his own when he fetched his sword, he walks back to the lead man of the village, dropping his things on the table and shedding his furs to get down to a layer of clothing that he can stack armor on top of.
Edited for punctuation, no other change
Last edited by Bitom on Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Vanishing act.

Post by Wargie » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:35 pm

Sven begins to put in his armor after telling of Gusi who finishes his meal. A hand is placed upon the shoulder of Sven, and he hears the voice of Njal, "It is the time for the young ones to show what they can. I think you have a story now..." He remains standing next to Sven as there are sounds of hooves outside the inn, and a demanding voice is being heard, "Men! Gather!" Sven instantly recognizes the voice as Hjalli's. And so the men still dressing in armor and gathering weapons turn upon the door and as one they begin to move out on the street.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Vanishing act.

Post by Bitom » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:31 am

Sven pats the Njal's hand on his shoulder and throws his furs back on over his armor. "C'mon old man. Might be your last chance to avoid serving Hel." and without looking back to see wh might be following him, he makes his way out and into the driving rain where his patron waits.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Wayloss » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:37 am

Gusi having finished his meal, lifts his shield and traveling gear and heads back into the storm, slightly warmer then before. Strangely enough the rain others him little.
"Destiny awaits!"

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:02 pm

Gusi and Sven walk out the door of the inn together with all other patrons, who by now is not only slightly intoxicated, but also armed. It has turned out to be a good night, according to many of the voices currently being heard.

Sven and Gusi look up the road, in the direction of where Sven has his current home and from there a large group of riders come. Hjalli with his band of vikings, fifteen or so, all clad in armor and with spears and shields. What comes as a surprise to Sven though, is that sitting on a horse right of Hjalli is Njal, all dressed up in heavy armor and with shield and sword, and different clothes.

"Men! We go to shore and drive off these giants!" Hjalli screams, and the response is of course screaming from the man around him. "Where is the man who brought us these news? Step forward!" the leader continues.