Sven & Gusi: "Giants!" *splat!*

The old myths and traditons of the frozen north come alive in the Viking adaptation set among the comming doom of Ragnarok. (A vWorld Expansion)

Inactive.
Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Re: To War

Post by Wayloss » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:17 am

Gusi stops and dismounts as Sven taunts the giants, he gazes out from the clifftop and starts quickly down the path to beach. No word is spoken as he tries to get to the half dozen brave men, or their corpses.
Almost irrationaly he seeks an axe to start choping the pikes that hold the warrior's heads, He intends to gather the dead and load them on their old ship.
"A Viking Funeral must be had!" He calls to the men on the cliff.

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Funeral

Post by Wargie » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:23 pm

Sven shouts out towards the giant ship, though the reply is only silence as the skald remains on the cliff laughing at the sight. Gusi meanwhile decides that the sailors needs a proper funeral and begins his path down the cliff to the burning carcass of the ship and the spears with the cut off heads.

Gusi reaches the beach with a few of the men from the village, Hjalli among them. The sight before you all is gruesome. Bodyparts litter the beach, an arm there, a leg there. Some of the arms and legs have missing flesh, of what appears to be bite marks, as if something has been eating of the sailors. Gusi begins to gather the bodypart with a tight throat and a sick feeling to his stomach and tosses the parts upon the burning ship, together with the heads.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Funeral

Post by Bitom » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:38 pm

Sven sends several of the hastily formed militia forward to assist the sailor with the dead. He does not sing, it's not time for that yet, but he seems of good cheer all the same. he turns to Njal, "Spill old man... you knew something was coming... how?"

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Wayloss » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:10 am

Gusi sets to his grim task with fanatical devotion. He hauls body parts in stoic silence piling all 6 of the corpses onto the ship before enlisting help in bushing the burning ship into the sea one final time. He calls out to Thorimploring him to see that these brave men are in Valhalla, he returns up the cliff spent from his hard day and exhausted.

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:46 am

Njal stands at the top of the cliff, holding the reins to his horse as he looks down upon the shore, seeing how Gusi and a few men pushes the burning ship out into the ocean again. His face is grim with concern, as he turns to Sven who addresses him, "What are you talking about skald? I knew nothing of this until a messenger reached us in the hall, telling us of giants at the beach." he frowns and looks out to the sea, "Though now I know something bad is coming...."

Down below Hjalli pats Gusi on the shoulder and points to the path leading up to the cliff, "Come with me Gusi. We must return to Fiskaback and discuss what to do about this troubling news..." and he makes his way up the hill.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:42 am

Sven isn't turned aside, he knows a story when he's living it. "You were with me, drinking, when the sailor came through the door..." He thinks for a moment. "Or a man who knows entirely too much about you and masked your features with magic was. Tell me which."

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Wayloss » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:17 pm

Gusi is roused to his feet and joins the others, suddenly the priest is looking very worn out. No one here knows he spent all of the last night battling a storm aboard the ship, all of today running to their village and riding back.
He is unusually quiet as he waits for the noble to decide what to do.

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:23 am

Njal stares at Sven and is totally confused by the mans words. "What?!" he manages to say and he continues to stare in total confusion at the time of Hjalli reaching them at the top of the cliffs. Hjalli in turn looks at Njal in surprise at the mans look and then looks between the skald and his father, "Whatever is going on here between you two it will have to wait. We have much to discuss and decide. We ride to my hall where strong drink and warm food await us. The man from the ship comes with us."

Njal nods his head at his son and then mutters to Sven, "We continue this discussion as we ride, but I have not set my foot in the inn tonight!" he mutters and walks over to talk with some of the soldiers, telling them to keep a guard with a horse at the shore in case the giants return. Hjalii meanwhile sits up on his horse and waits for Njal, Sven and Gusi to mount up and join him.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:02 am

Sven hauls up onto his mount again. "Well, I've been talking and drinking with someone who wore your face all evening. Someone who knew both our past and at least a bit of our future."

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Wayloss » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:24 am

Gusi is dead tired, but at the insistence of the noble heaves himself into the saddle once more. Heart sick and tired make him barely able to keep himself awake and upright in the saddle. he talks not at all listening to those around him.