Chapter 1: Into the Shadowlands

The "War Against the Shadow" is set to begin. The Emperor, Toturi I, is missing and the Scorpion have been convicted and sent into exile. Peace is threatened across the Empire as the Lying Darkness begins to creep into the hearts and souls of men.

Run by the GM Tet'Nak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Hida Yakamo-dono

Post by TetNak » Mon May 07, 2007 11:07 pm

Yakamo pulls himself out of the hole along with everyone else. He looks about briefly, taking the scene in for his own eyes. "Come, we should hurry. We will not make the wall before night fall, I do not think, and will be exposed during the night. The closer we come to the Kaiu Wall, the more protection we will have." The Crab champion begins walking east.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 07, 2007 11:40 pm

Nakastume does as told by his Daimyo without thinking. The Jade Crab has the Jade Hand, he is incoruptable, and beyond question, even among the Witch Hunters. He follows, scaning the wild, and always on his toes ready to protect the Crab Champion wit his life. He reamins close during the entire trip, and speaks only when spoken too by Yakamo-dono, and always with respect. He will however give directions to the others, making sure they are on the right course, pointing out the way, as he knows how they arrives, due to his knowledge and his map, which he shares with the Hiruma and the Champion at all points in the trip.
Last edited by Vardaen on Tue May 08, 2007 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue May 08, 2007 8:50 am

Though Suru sees many sights and oddity's within this land. He does not allow his natural curiousity to overtake him and remains quiet as he walks. Never is he outside of his ability to protect his self proclaimed charge. Maintaining a constant and silent vigil over the shugenja and the surrounding countryside as they make their way back to the wall.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Tue May 08, 2007 6:36 pm

Jubei does the task of a scout, moving ahead of the group so stealthily that he sometimes seems not even to cast a shadow. He demonstrates remarkable speed; even slowed by the necessity for stealth, he moves quickly enough to easily cover a great deal of ground ahead of the group.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

The Dark Moto

Post by TetNak » Tue May 08, 2007 7:53 pm

The Crab, and Dragon, continue east toward Rokugan. Yakamo is very quiet, even for himself from what everyone has seen, during the trek. The sun finally begins to wane and everyone knows there are about a day's travel to the Carpenter's Wall and success.

Everyone agrees to keep going for another hour, until the sun completely gives way, but their progress is cut short. Yakamo stops in his tracks, turning, and looking north. "They have found us," he says.

In a few seconds everyone hears the hooves of a horse falling rapidly upon the ground. The dust of the earth is thrown into the air and a rider is seen in the distance, rapidly closing on the group. "The Dark Moto," Hida Yakamo says, shaking his head.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: The Dark Moto

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 08, 2007 10:11 pm

Kuni Nakastume gasps, "We can not out run the Onikage of the Dark Moto. They will overtake us even if we run." He looks at his Daimyo, "But you must escacpe my lord. Please, go, run for the wall, we shall remain here to guard your escape." He watches the dust and tries to judge the time before the Moto arrive.

He readies himself, prepairing to call on the Kami for protection before the fight begins.
Have a few spells and things to do before a fight starts. If there is time, trying to assess the time we have first and then I'll post my prep actions...

Are there more than 1 Moto coming or just "THE" Dark Moto?
Last edited by Vardaen on Tue May 08, 2007 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue May 08, 2007 10:14 pm

Only visable currently is one rider, and its visage is totally obscured in the clouds of dust and the distance. The only reason anyone would consider the rider the Dark Moto is because Yakamo says it is so.

Before anyone else can answer, Yakamo turns to the Kuni, a half-smile upon his face. "No, Nakastume-san, I shall not flee. They are coming for me." He nods, "It is all of you that must go. Run. Flee to the wall. Tell them of what has occurred here, and in Hiruma. That is now your task."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 08, 2007 10:24 pm

Nakastume would stand and fight, he would stand and die along side his Daimyo. However he is given a direct order. "Is there any other message or item you wish me to deliver Hida-dono? To your family, or your wife?" The Kuni Witch Hunter wants to stay, he wants to save his Daimyo, he wants to remain and fight, but he also knows duty and obaying ones duty is more important than his own desire to die fighting alongside the Jade Crab.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue May 08, 2007 10:28 pm

Yakamo nods, "Tell my sister, O-Ushi, to rule well if I am found dead." He levels his ono, "Though I do not plan on meeting my fate here."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Tue May 08, 2007 10:30 pm

The Hiruma grinds his teeth. His thoughts are black.
The first enemies I have seen since venturing into the Shadowlands and my Champion commands me not to kill them? Damnation!
However, all he says is "Yes, Yakamo-dono". Drawing his bow and nocking an armor-peircing arrow, Hiruma Jubei sets out to the Wall at a deceptively easy-looking lope that manages to cover a great deal of ground.
I'll take a shot if any enemy is visible within a hundred and fifty feet and not otherwise obscured. Within a hundred feet and not otherwise obscured, I'll take a Raise for damage. Within fifty, two Raises plus a free from Bishamon's Blessing. Remember; -5 to range penalties.