Chapter One: Shadows in Waterdeep

Here within are contained the tales of Waterdeep and her champions and villians.

Run by the DM eldritchknight
Krill
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Chapter One: Shadows in Waterdeep

Post by Krill » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:03 am

Sanaktkhefnaktdet smiles amiably and bows, assuring his top-hat does not fall of his head using his cane. "Greetings, Devlin." he says from his angled posture, just before he stands straight again.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:32 am

Edited

Elistar
"I wish you well, Elistar, and always remember that you are welcome within the walls of Blackstaff Tower."
"I should hope so," Elistar replies with a raised eyebrow. "I'm leaving most of my belongings here." He smiles at Tsarra. "Truly, I have no desire to bring Rannick's four volume History of Waterdeep, nor Faldrin's Observations on Magic on an adventure. And I suspect I won't be needing my fancy robes on the trail either."

I really must be comfortable here, he thinks. A few years ago I would have been too intimidated by Tsarra to joke with her like this. He smiles again at the thought of actually belonging at Blackstaff Tower. I guess I really am coming into my own as a mage.

"But truly," he adds in a serious tone, "I appreciate all that everyone here at the Tower has done for me. I understand that Khelben takes few apprentices, even those recommended by Mystra's temple. I'm glad to be able to start carrying my weight a little bit."

"That and it'll be nice to have a break from all of those concentration excercises." He can't help but add one more teasing comment. "I suppose I'll see in the coming days just how effective they are."

----------------

A few hours later the elven mage enters the Grinning Lion Tavern. He's dressed in a fine set of travelling clothes - black trousers and boots, a comfortable white shirt and blue doublet. A rapier hangs on the left side of his belt, and a dagger on the right. His only sign of extravagance is a small amulet around his neck of red mahogony with seven small gems in silver settings forming the seven stars of Mystra.

"Good evening," he says to the barkeep in a conversational tone, approaching the bar. "I'm looking for a man named Devlin. Do you know where I might find him?"

harleysa
Level 2
Level 2

Post by harleysa » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:19 am

Devlin

Devlin nods in greeting to the Wizard
"Its good to meet you Sanaktnia...Skanathianaia...say i don't suppose you're name has a short version?"
He says apologetically before following his original train of thought to its conclusion
"I don't suppose you know exactly what our employers want of us, do you Sanki ?"
He finishes with an odd smile playing about his lips.

Krill
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Krill » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:41 am

Sanaktkhefnaktdet cannot help but smile at Devlin's trouble with his name.

"Any short variation of Sanaktkhefnaktdet you wish to use is fine, but if it isn't particularly close to the name itself I may not recognize when I am being referred to", he responds, "And as of this moment I am unaware of what our employers wish of either of us, although it would be my guess I'll be involved in some sort of intermediary activity. We are, however, supposed to meet two other persons involved at the Grinning Lion tavern for further information, as well as a senior member of the house. We are to identify him by his signet ring. Shall we depart?"

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:43 pm

Elistar

The barkeep looks over at the young man, and smiles broadly at him.

"Devlin, you say? No, he has not been here for a couple of days. But he does have a private room reserved for him today, and for four others. Are you a member of his party?"
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:24 pm

Elistar

"I am." He gives a brief nod of his head. "Can you point the way to the room?"

Assuming he receives directions:

"Thank you, sir." the mage tosses a silver to the barkeep and moves along towards the room. Upon reaching it he raises his hand and knocks firmly on the door three times.

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:42 pm

No reply is forthcoming, and the barkeep moves to your side.

"The other members have not arrived yet, you are more than welcome to have some wine and some fish stew while you are waiting, young sir," the barkeep says.
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 am

Elistar

"Please," Elistar replies, moving to a table with a view of the door. "I should like that very much." He settles himself down in the chair and leans back. "If you have a nice Moonshae white, that would be ideal. If not, whatever white you'd recommend with the stew."

DretKyrin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by DretKyrin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:53 am

Tandien Swiftblade

The elf nods in agreement with the wine selection, and begins to nibble on his food until more guests arrive.

After watching the conversation between Elistar and the barkeep, the elf moves to take a seat with the other guest. After all, how many other groups might be reserving a room at this particular inn on the same day, he thinks to himself. He moves to seat himself, bringing his food and drink with him.

"Here for the Amcathra business as well?" he asks, smiling a friendly greeting.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:18 am

The Grinning Lion Tavern

"I'm here to meet with a man named Devlin," the wizard replies, switching to elven. It's not a guarantee of privacy, but it helps. "I don't mean to be rude, but I really should leave it for him to speak the agenda."

"But If I'm to wait for him, I don't see the harm in some company. Elistar Valendil," he holds out his hand to his fellow moon elf. "Please join me for a meal."