Chapter One: Shadows in Waterdeep

Here within are contained the tales of Waterdeep and her champions and villians.

Run by the DM eldritchknight
harleysa
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Chapter One: Shadows in Waterdeep

Post by harleysa » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:12 am

Sanaktkhefnaktdet cannot help but smile at Devlin's trouble with his name.

"Any short variation of Sanaktkhefnaktdet you wish to use is fine, but if it isn't particularly close to the name itself I may not recognize when I am being referred to", he responds, "And as of this moment I am unaware of what our employers wish of either of us, although it would be my guess I'll be involved in some sort of intermediary activity. We are, however, supposed to meet two other persons involved at the Grinning Lion tavern for further information, as well as a senior member of the house. We are to identify him by his signet ring. Shall we depart?"
"Yes I suppose that we should, I am glad that we both seem to be on the same page..too often employers feel the need to parse out information differently to those they esteem. It would seem our current employers see little difference between us"

Krill
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Krill » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:03 am

At Devlin's affirmation, Sanaktkhefnaktdet gestures for him to go first, and follows him out, heading to the Grinning Lion.

DretKyrin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by DretKyrin » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:55 am

The Grinning Lion Tavern

"Tandien Swiftblade," he says in a plesant tone, also switching to his native tounge. "Pleased to meet you." Shaking the other elf's hand, Tandien then seats himself.

"So, are you from Waterdeep yourself?" he asks, thinking to strike up some conversation

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:05 am

The Grinning Lion Tavern

"Born and raised," his fellow moon elf replies. "I haven't spent my whole life here, but enough of the past hundred and thirty-four years to call it home. And you?" He gives Tandien a questioning look and uses the opportunity to take a sip of his wine.

DretKyrin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by DretKyrin » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:39 am

The Grinning Lion Tavern

"The same, actually." He takes a sip of the wine and continues, "My family owns a shop here in town, Woodland Wares, and have been here since before I was born. Though I've done a bit of traveling in the area with the merchants when I can."

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:31 am

Sanaktkhefnaktdet and Drevlin depart the Amcathra residence, and walk to the Grinning Lion. Once there, they enter the smoky interior of the tavern, and hear the raucous noice even before the door is opened.

The Grinning Lion Tavern is one of the more busy taverns in the North Ward of Waterdeep, and tonight is no exception. A bard stands on a stage opposite the doors to the tavern, telling the story of Nimoar the Reaver and the founding of Nimoar's Hold, which one day would come to be called Waterdeep.

A roaring fire was opposite of the bar, with a roast mutton on the spit, with a kitchen boy turning it slowly, the pop and hiss of the grease falling into the fire a continous sound, as were the sound of conversation from the patrons.

The barkeep looks up as the door opens, and a smile spreads across his face as he sees who enters his tavern.

"Devlin, my friend!! Here, come, lad, a place has been set for you and your companion. Your usual, I take it?" he says as he leads the two to a table occupied by a pair of moon elves.
And the group is together!! Sorry about my silence, guys, been trying to figure out Dundjinni...Will be done with that soon.
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)

harleysa
Level 2
Level 2

Post by harleysa » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:28 am

Devlin, my friend!! Here, come, lad, a place has been set for you and your companion. Your usual, I take it?"
"But of course" Devlin replies heartily as he takes a seat, nodding to the two elves as he does so. "So what can I do for you today?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:45 am

Elistar rises and offers his hand. "My name is Elistar Valendil, an apprentice at Blackstaff Tower. I was sent here to provide you what assistance I could in your current venture."

After greetings are compelted the elven mage returns to his seat and adds, "to be honest, I was told very little about what you needed help with, only that I'd be a good fit with the group you were gathering. But when the Blackstaff speaks ..." He shrugs his shoulders as if to say, what can a poor apprentice do?

Krill
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Krill » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:05 am

The tall, thin Sanaktkhefnaktdet lets his stark blue eyes wander as if watching for someone, while he speaks, "Normally I'm quite aware of whatever business is at hand, since I am often in place to discuss it with clients, but it seems I'll be playing some other role. Any information anyone might have, it would be best to share up front."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:29 am

"And I daresay that introductions all around are in order." Elistar looks around at everyone sitting or standing around the table.

"But I suspect that our discussions are better left for less public arenas." The elf gestures towards the nearby door, leading to the private roon Devlin has arranged. "The barkeep wouldn't let us in until you arrived."