Prelude: Imperial Incursion

The Battle of Endor struck a terrible blow to the Empire. Two years have past, and the New Republic has formed an alliance to destroy what is left of the fading Empire.Luke Skywalker has recently opened his Jedi Academy and the ways of the Force are being taught to others. Not is all well in the galaxy as some might think. Many unknown threats may yet come to light.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

The Rendevous Point

Post by TetNak » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:33 pm

The six New Republic soldiers, and mercenery, move through the jungle. They have all been trained concerning their surroundings, as being stationed on a jungle moon tends to require some specific training at times. Davar and Corvan are led to a spot in the jungle that has been cleared, perhaps twenty meters in diameter. Flanked by four New Republic marines is a small transport ship.

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Re: The Rendevous Point

Post by Toptomcat » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:56 pm

"Thank the Force!"
They're bumpy, cramped and smelly...but every groundpounder loves troop transports, nonetheless. I'm soaked through.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:07 am

The scout nods his head to the marine about how he came to be here. "I just hope your credits hold up. I ain't in this for my health." He bounces around as well as the transport takes the two, plus the others, to the cleared area. He dismounts and streches checking out the are for a few minutes, "Now what."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:24 am

"I get back to base and get back to QCB training for recruits. You get paid, and do whatever it is you do.
That is, unless they've got another mission for us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:17 pm

Carvan Tal nods, and then squints looking up into the sky, "Did you hear that?" He moves to the center of the clearing and unshoudlers his rifle and scans the canopy and the open sky above. He sets his eye to his scope and scans the air. He's on edge now suddenly.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:43 pm

"What-no. I didn't hear anything..."
Are mercs always this twitchy? He's acting like he's deep behind enemy lines, alone- not on a friendly planet with eleven friendly troops plus an armored fighting vehicle supporting him!
Nevertheless, Davar draws his blaster pistol. As unlikely as it seems that any trouble will be encountered here, he doesn't want to be caught unawares by some threat.

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:36 pm

After a nervous minute or two scanning the treeline, Davar glances at Tal.
"What did you hear, exactly?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:33 pm

One of the marines wave over to those returning from disabling the probe droid. The transport is already at an operational status and ready to depart. When Corvan jerks his rifle upward, the other marines jump slightly, being slightly shocked. The other seargent blinks, "What is it?" he also asks. There are noises all the time in the jungle, strange squakings here and there by the amazingly wildlife this moon supports. There does not seem to be anything amiss.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:01 pm

Corvan shakes his head, "Its nothing. I thought I heard a repulsor lift engine overhead. Nevermind, looks like they are ready for us over there." He motions at the transport, "Come on lets get back to base and have a drink." He moves to the transport and does what he must to get out of here.

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:49 pm

Davar puts his blaster away again and hops into the back, catching a quick nap on the ride back to base.