Prelude: The Way of the Jedi

The Battle of Endor struck a terrible blow to the Empire. Two years have past, and the New Republic has formed an alliance to destroy what is left of the fading Empire.Luke Skywalker has recently opened his Jedi Academy and the ways of the Force are being taught to others. Not is all well in the galaxy as some might think. Many unknown threats may yet come to light.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: The Test

Post by Shurijo » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:33 am

Kaath nods and follows Nic. The Zabrak is not much for these combat sessions instead he has tried to learn more about the ways through knowledge, research, and mediation.

While walking out, Kaath does admit some appreciation, "I'm sure you would fare well against the machines. You nearly took a hit, but the force guided you away from the impact." The Zabrak admits, "I was never good at these pistols. It is unfortunate that weapons are needed to survive."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Luke Skywalker

Post by TetNak » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:03 am

Master Skywalker is standing patiently in the holding area outside the training room. He is wearing a black, long sleeved shirt, and black trousers and boots. His left hand is likewise covered by a blank glove. Hanging on his left side is his lightsaber, dangling loosely.

Luke Skywalker is a man in his early thirties. His face seems grave, though, and is covered by faint scars left by some sort of injury. His hair is somewhat shaggy, for a Jedi Master, some might be taken aback by his lack of majestic presence.

"Nic, Kaath," Master Skywalker says, nodding to both slightly as they enter the room.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Luke Skywalker

Post by Trogdor » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:35 pm

"Master Skywalker." Nic gives the Jedi Master a short bow of his head. The leader of the Academy never seemed particulalrly comfortable with his position. But Nic was bound and determined to make certain that he received the proper deference to his rank.

"Do you have more training in mind, sir?" He asks, moving to a more conversational tone. Despite their roles as master and padawan, Nic found Luke easy to like and easy to talk to. "I'd be interested to see how Kaath and I handle some different obstacles."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:09 am

Kaath stands by the padawan awaiting a response from the Jedi Master. The young Zabrak Jedi student has not reached the padawan status, but clearly understands the organizational hierarchy established by the order. He stands ready waiting for further instructions or to repeat the training exercises.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:30 am

Luke smiles slightly, "I always have training in mind." He takes a deep breath, "I would like you to both accompany some of our marines tomorrow. It seems they have recovered an Imperial Probe Droid here on Yavin 4, and what they have found has given us some interesting information." Nodding, he continues, "It will be a good thing for both of you, and Kaath," he says with a slight bow, "If all goes well, I think you will find yourself amongst us as an offical padawan."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:26 am

Kaath bows to the Jedi Master and awaits his friend's exit before leaving Skywalker's presence. The experience for the Zabrak is a little overwhelming. Never in a million light years, did he believe he could become a Jedi and neither did he believe that he would even have a chance. His father would be proud; he contemplates as he focuses inward.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:15 am

"I'm already looking forward to it, Master Skywalker," Nic replies with a smile. "It will be good to get out int he jungle again." Training outside the compound was rare enough, both master and padawan knew. However dangerous it might be, the change of scenery couldn't help but be welcome.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:29 am

The Zabrak fiddles with his pistol and hopes that he might be of some use. Maybe this exercise will allow the young student to grow in the ways of the force or maybe it will provide a better training environment for combat, either way Kaath looks forward to proving himself to the Jedi.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:41 am

Skywalker nods, turns, and begins walking down the corridor. There are several adjorning intersections that lead to various places within the academy, but the trio seem to be heading toward the central academy lift. When they reach the doors, Skywalker reaches forward and pushes a simple button, causing them to open. "We are to have a meeting with our friends at the base," he says simply, stepping inside the lift.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:31 am

Nic follows Master Skywalker into the lift. "Will we be getting our briefing at the main base?" he asks simply. It was rare enough for them to even visit the main base, much less work with the soldiers at the base on any sort of task.