Chapter 1: Remnants of the Empire

The Battle of Endor struck a terrible blow to the Empire. Two years have past, and the New Republic has formed an alliance to destroy what is left of the fading Empire.Luke Skywalker has recently opened his Jedi Academy and the ways of the Force are being taught to others. Not is all well in the galaxy as some might think. Many unknown threats may yet come to light.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

The Plan

Post by TetNak » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:16 am

The intelligence officer speaks, "Our plan shall be this, if agreeable to Commander Skywalker and Colonel Regar. We shall have our engineers work on the transponder of the droid, sending out a damaged signal as if the droid has been partially destroyed or damaged. It will flood all broadcasts channels known to the droid, which should reach those the programmed it. From there, we shall monitor all these frequencies to see if there is a response. If there is a response, then we will obviously move against the location of the origination of that response. If not, Sgt. Soldat, Tal, and the two Padawans shall lay in wait at where we have sent the droid's signal from. Your job is not to engage anything, necessarily, but mostly react to what happens without alerting anyone scanning the area as our forces might do. Then, call for the backup, which will not be station far away, and we will do the rest."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: The Plan

Post by Shurijo » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:40 am

Kaath accepts the officer's report and the young Zabrak hopes that the engagement will end without loss of life. However, it feels that it will be unlikely that they will not engage in combat. He sits silently and awaits Master Skywalker's instruction.

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:43 pm

"Thank you, sir. That's much clearer."
So much less room for a Charlie Foxtrot that way.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:00 pm

Tal sits up a bit straighter, "Me? Yeah that makes sense, the fools will think we are just some recon patrol or out training these Padawans and won't see us as a real threat." He grins slyly, "Boy will they be surprised. I need an hour to recharge my rifle, and gather my gear."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:28 am

"The plan sounds simple," Nic says in reply. Then again, most do when they're on the drawing board. "As Master Skywalker said, I'll be happy to do what I can to help."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:52 am

The XO speaks, "It will probably take our engineers a few hours to prepare. So, meet back here in two hours, we shall prepare then." He looks over the Skywalker, "Commander, do you have anything?" Luke has been quiet the entire time, only speaking when necessary, but he has been listening, be assured of that. "It seems like a solid plan. I do not wish my Padawans to be put in danger needlessly, however." He takes a deep breath, "Nic, you should be mindful. I can sense nothing about this group on Yavin 4." He seems strangely moved by this fact.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:25 am

The young Zabrak sits and listens to the XO and Master Jedi speak. Kaath contemplates his role in this mission and hopes that it may end in a peaceful resolution, even though, he feels that it will not turn up that way.

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:23 am

"How unusual is it that you cannot sense them here, Master Skywalker? I am unfamiliar with the capabilities and limits of the Jedi. Would you expect to be able to detect a small commando group on a verdant forest moon?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:55 pm

Skywalker turns toward the soldier and says, "Slightly strange, but, this moon is filled with life. If they are not alive with the Force, then I am not greatly sensative to their presence. However, if they wish ill will toward us, I should at least feel emotions involved."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:16 am

"Hrrrn. Suppose the threat is an all-droid force? After all, all we've seen from this so far is a droid. That would also help to explain the fact that this threat hasn't shown up until now. Human remnants of the Imperial occupation of Yavin likely would've attacked before this, but droids may not have been active until now."