Prelude: Leaving the farm

What if Daniel howling Coyote lived 100 years earlier? Magic has awoken in the wild west, and justice is dealt out at the point of a gun and the flip of a card.

Run by the GM Bitom
Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Prelude: Denver

Post by Brennor » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:45 pm

William suprisingly laughs at that statement.

"Well, if you are going to aid in this chase, you might as well go get settled. Most likely it will take a while to even setup a meeting with the Injuns. I'm going to go speak with the Sheriff; find out if there are any traces here. After you are setup wherever you are going to stay, meet me there."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:15 pm

Lucas clucks to the oxen and pulls his wagon away from the man. From there he heads towards the Freeman's section of Denver. Odds are folks there will be able to find him a bed, especially if he does some of the lord's work and helps heal a few of the sick.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:58 pm

William can only hope that the other man heard him, since the Negro gave him no sign at all that he even heard William.

The US Marshal shrugs as the other man's wagon leaves. He looks up and down the street again, hoping to catch a glimpse of his quarry.

Finding none, he then sets off towards the Sheriff's office for some more information, plastering more posters on walls as he moves along.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:28 am

Conveniently, William's conversations and posting of wanted posters extend his trip to the sheriff's office long enough that he sees the black preacher returning from the freeman's section where he aquired lodging from one of the faithful.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:58 pm

Waving to the Marshall as he wanders up Lucas waits outside the sheriffs office for the law man. Odds are the Marshall will have a far better cahnce of getting information from the sheriff than Lucas would.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:06 pm

William actually smiles as the other man finally appears.

"I haven't gotten a chance to speak to the Sheriff yet, but I've completed my canvasing of that side of town." He motions behind him while still holding some of the papers that he's been tacking up in places where people will see them.

With that, he turns towards the door to the Sheriff's Office, opens it, and enters, pausing a moment to allow the other man to catch the door before he releases it.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:52 pm

The sheriff's office is typical. A desk, a 2 cell lockup, and a rack of rifles. The sheriff in this case is a rather enourmously fat man who looks like he has no business in the office. But he wears the star, and he has a reputation for being an amazing shrewed man. It's his deputies that do the fighting and shooting for him. None of them are present at the moment.

He looks up as the two men enter. "Hello Marshall." He glances at lucas, then dismisses him as unimportant.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:51 am

"Hello Sheriff."

The man smiles as he approaches the desk. "Marshal Bridger."

He stops when he approaches the desk. "I don't know if my superiors have contacted you or not. If they have, great, if not, I am here after a wanted man." He holds out a piece of paper for the Sheriff to take and look at.

"I am coming to see you to find out any information you might have to aid me in my search for the quarry."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:09 pm

Lucas just stands near the door and lets the Marshall do the talking. As things stand this is the first time he's talked to a sheriff that didn't involve a lynch mob of some sort.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:18 pm

"Mail's plenty slow out here on the border, Marshall." says the Sheriff. "I don't believe I've seen this man either in person or in poster form. Most of my boys are out ridin' at the moment. Probably be a few days before I can gather em' all together and ask 'em. I reckon you'll want to be there when I do." He looks again at the poster. "Unnatural acts, huh? That's a new one."