Chapter 1 - Black Stones and Walkin' Dead

What if Daniel howling Coyote lived 100 years earlier? Magic has awoken in the wild west, and justice is dealt out at the point of a gun and the flip of a card.

Run by the GM Bitom
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: At the Mine, Round 5

Post by Bitom » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:23 pm

Raven 16,Lucas 13, William 12, Hunts 9, Zombies 8
William takes a step back, drops his knives and draws his pistols. The one in his right hand roars and the skeleton shatters into a million pieces.
William moves 1 SW to avoid AoO because he's not stupid.

William shoots SH: 27 hit for 6 Damage DEAD!
Hunts is next.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: At the Mine, Round 5

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:40 pm

Hunts can smell the death in the air, the Injun spins to face the rifle wielding zombies to see them as nothing but piles of salt. He isn't stupid however, and figures more enemies but be nearby. He races toward the opening of the cave and presses his body against the wall near the opening. His hatchet in hand, he readies to chop into the first thing that comes out of the mine.
Move, NW,N,N,N,N Ready Action: Attack w/ Ax first thing.

Also if something moves too far, etc, AoO
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

At the Mine, Round 7

Post by Bitom » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:59 pm

Hunts moves up and just in time. Zombies begin to slowly pour out of the narrow mine opening. He hacks twice at one of them as it comes out, but doesn't seem to be doing much to it.
Hunts Readied action, attack Z5: 10 + Bless(1) = 11 hit for 2 damage
Hunts AoO on Z5: 16 + Bless(1) = 17 hit for 3 damage

William: V: 51/59 W: 16/16
Everyone else at full.
Raven is next.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: At the Mine, Round 7

Post by Trogdor » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:42 pm

Seeing his brother mobbed by zombies, Raven quickly moves forward to assist, once more calling down the lightning to aid him.
Move Action: N N N N N NW
Standard Action: Call Lightning on Z5.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:14 pm

Raven rushes forward and lets loose another blast of lightning at one of the zombies. The creature's flesh blackens, but it does not stop moving.
Call Lightning: 13 damage to Z5
Lucas is next.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:52 pm

Lucas moves so that he can effectively see into the mouth of Cave and then once more calls on the almighty to cleanse the area.
NE, NE, N turn undead.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Can i get an amen?

Post by Bitom » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:05 pm

The preacher steps up and once more offers the blessings of his God. There must be something to that God, as there are 4 more pillars of salt gracing the land. Nothing else comes out of the mine.
Turning check: 16 (Cleric's level +3)
Turning damage 13 HD

4 more pillars of salt. Anyone want to go into the salt business?

Combat over

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Amen!

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:11 pm

Hunts is about to flip his tomahawk around in his hand and hack into the zombie again when *pushhah* the rotting flesh vaporizes into a pile of salt. The injun glances over his shoulder at the preacher and then to his brother and with a shrug he slips hi ax into his tack belt. He shakes his head and lets his braided hair fall back behind his shoulders before stooping to pick up one of the dropped rifles. Rolling it over in his hand he is silent as if considering something as he leans his head around the corner of the mine shaft and gazes down into the darkness sniffing the air.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Amen!

Post by Bitom » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:15 pm

The air in the shaft is rank with the stench of rotting flesh, and nothing else is noticable over the order. There have been corpses here since Henri and his crew were attacked, and their animation does not appear to make them smell any better.

The shaft itself goes for about 25 feet before making an abrupt left turn and disappearing into darkness.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Amen!

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:41 pm

"That was well done," Raven says quietly as he approaches the preacher. Undeniably this god of theirs had power. "Now let us continue before they can gather their forces together." He then moves to the opposite side of the mine entrance from Hunts.