Chapter 1 - Black Stones and Walkin' Dead

What if Daniel howling Coyote lived 100 years earlier? Magic has awoken in the wild west, and justice is dealt out at the point of a gun and the flip of a card.

Run by the GM Bitom
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Lurking Shadows, Round 1

Post by Bitom » Thu May 03, 2007 11:58 pm

The Gunslinger moves up, the preacher moves in front of him, then the Shaman...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon May 07, 2007 7:17 pm

Raven steps into the corridor and sees the shadows attacking his brother in the bright daylight surrounding him. Without a second thought Raven calls upon what little remaining favor he has with the thunder spirits to strike at the creature's threatening Hunts.
Five Foot Step: W
Standard Action: Call Lightning on S2

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 07, 2007 7:31 pm

Hunts screams out, "Ayyeee! Great Spirit help me!" He drops his light coin on the ground, "Shadows, living shadows!" He steps backwards out of reach of the creatures, he hopes. Fumbling with his gear he loads one of the blessed arrows and pulls back the string of his bow as best as he can. He launches the arrow at the shadow, praying that the blessing on it works.
If S2 Alive then: 5ft Backwards. Shoot S2.
If S2 Dead: Withdraw as far back as I can.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon May 07, 2007 10:52 pm

William 25, Lucas 19, Raven 18, Hunts 13, Shadows 12
It's not clear how, but Raven is still able to call lightning with no sky above him, and he does so, burning a large hole in the fabric of the shadow's existance. Contrary to all logic, the light from his coin does not seem to adversly affect the shadows, which renmain as dark and dangerous as ever, but they certainly aren't going to be able to hide anymore.

Hunts quickly backpedals away from the shadows and brings his bow to bear, firing off one of the arrows that the elder gave him for this purpose, but the arrow passes right through the opponent and shatters against the stone beyond.

The shadow to hunts left is unhindered by the corner of the tunnel and reaches straight through it and into the injuns chest, removing what little strength remains, as well as the remainder of his life force.
Will let V post his own death
The other shadow continues forward and drags its hand through the priest's chest, introducing another member of the party to the biting cold of the grave.
Call Lightning: 50% miss chance: 90 Hit for 7 damage.

Hunts shoots S2: 50% miss chance: 25, passes through

S1 attacks Hunts: Unimpeded by a corporeal barrier, but can't see him well... 50% miss chance: 84 hit is possible: 19 hit for 6 STR damage! Reduced to 0 STR, DEAD!!!!

S2 attacks Lucas: 18 hit for 4 str damage.
The gunslinger is next.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 07, 2007 11:26 pm

Hunts fires off an arrow, and in the most plain, unaccented english he speaks a single word, "Shit."

The Injun isn't ready for the strike through the wall, his foes are new to him, and he is ill prepaired, and barely able to hold his arms up at this point. The shadow plunges its hand into his chest and he gasps out, "IYAYEKIYA!" The Lakota guide turns pale, all blood drains from his face and skin. The bow and arrows fall to the ground clattering into the mine floor. He seems to shrink in size even, becoming slender, emaciated, and sallow. Just like that he's gone, and his brother looses one more of his family and village.
Damn. Well, good game all, and no I didn't 'ask to be killed' to leave the game or anything -- Bitom just killed me fair and square (evil DM, evil!).
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed May 09, 2007 6:15 pm

William is taken aback in shock at the death scream of Hunts. While he wasn't able to see everything that happened, he did see one of the hits on the Injun before him.

"Careful, they can reach through walls and stuff!"

He carefully tries to fire around Lucas and into the shade beyond him.
Only 1 shot... figuring that just waiting for an opportunity to fire beyond Lucas will only allow for one, if any.
Then the Marshall begins to back up, nearing the Shaman.
"Your lightning affects them pretty well it seems. How many more of those bolts can you call?"

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed May 09, 2007 6:27 pm

William 25, Lucas 19, Raven 18, Hunts 13, Shadows 12
William fires off a shot, which passes completely through his opponent without harming it and spangs off the stone behind it.
Incorporial opponent, no chance of hitting.
Raven, having recently lost a brother, acts next.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed May 09, 2007 6:42 pm

William seems shocked. "How can we hit these things? Physical objects seem to pass right through! It looked like my bullet did the same thing as Hunts' arrow did..."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed May 09, 2007 8:41 pm

Letting all caution fly, Raven grabs hold of the spear he was given and rushes the shadows that have only just sucked the life out of his brother. He remains silent as he does so, though his eyes narrow and his face hardens through the charge.
Move Action: S S S S S
I'm assuming that since the shadow is incorporeal, Raven can move through his square. Yes, I know that this will give them some AoO's on Raven. But I can't see any other way to get close enough to attack. Besides, Raven isn't thinking very clearly right now.
Standard Action: attack S1

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed May 09, 2007 9:02 pm

Repeating an all too familiar action, the priest once again calls n the power of the almighty to aid the group in thier fight. He worries he may just frighten away the shadows, but has little choice.