Ring of Air: Rain of Blood

The Dark Lord Daigotsu is dead, slain by the Four Winds. Hantei Naseru has taken the thrown and is now known as Toturi the III. Five years of releative peace have elapsed since the coronation of Toturi III. Of course, even peaceful times in Rokugan are rarely without conflict. So begins the Diamond Era, alternate games play style, story arc.Run by the GM Vardaen
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Ring of Air: Kitsune Mori Mura

Post by TetNak » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:02 pm

Yoshimoto raises his voice, "STOP!" He looks over those being stupid and causing a large disruption. "If you must fight, go outside, leave this place now." The samurai waits to see if his order are obeyed or not.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:32 pm

Emiko slams her hand down on the now cracked table, "Rokuni kore guretsu!". Her voice is not one built upon anger but instead frustration. She nods her head to the Doji. "If you would excuse me Doji sama", her words are spoken with a practiced grace. She rises from the sitting pillow careful to avoid the remnants of food strewn about the once clean inn. She makes her way to the innkeepers location. "Send a messenger to bring the local yoriki, quickly".
Translation: Enough of this foolishness!
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:45 pm

Miya Emiko stands up and bangs the table calling for the Yoriki, but things seem so out of hand that her voice is lost and no one reacts to her calls for aid; the Crane do however pause in their conversation waiting. The Otomo who has been very silent nods to Miya Emiko, "I shall see about finding us a Yoriki or some Doshin." He stands up from the table as the brawl is starting.
Toptomcat has gone MIA. Well over the 3 Day Rule on him.
Yoshimoto raises his voice, his first words going unheard as well When he shouts, the entire room balks. The Crab and the Ronin both stop. The large Hida woman has a ronin by the throat and is violent shaking him when she pauses mid brawling. There are many at the others tables that take this moment of peace to move and get the hell out of the way of the brawling Crab. Among them is the Sparrow who slips out of the back of the sake house.

There is tension in the air, when it breaks and the Hida drops the ronin to the ground. "I am Hida Shara, and who might you be..." she looks over the mons on Yoshimoto's kimono and then bows her head, "My appologizes Toturi-sama. I will take these ronin outside and continue my lesson. If you care to join me, you are more than welcome to." She doesn't say on which side of the brawl.

Yoshimoto: Rank/Status = 19 vs TN 15 Success
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:55 pm

Yoshimoto nods to the Hida, "Thank you, Shara-san," he says, "I am Toturi Yoshimoto," he answers. He watches those standing there and the fight that has just ended for the moment. Obviously, the Hida is a samurai, she can do whatever she wants with the ronin, but not at the sake of the safety of others. Yoshimoto then says to Emiko, "I shall be outside to ensure order is maintained," he says, and waits for the brawlers to step outside.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:11 pm

Shara nods to the Toturi, "Konbon-wa Toturi Yoshimoto-sama, come then. I have not finished here." One of the ronin looks like he's about to scamper away out of the back of the inn and Hida Shara reaches down grabs the collar of his kimono and drags him out of the inn to the front. The other Crab herd the ronin outside as well, followed by Yoshimoto as well as Isamu who follows the Toturi's lead.

The fat Crane gives a wave of distate, "Crab, they are all so brutish, save for those Yasuki, but of course that is only becuse they have Crane blood in them." He orders more tea, and another bowl of rice for himself. "Now then Emiko-sama, where were we?"
I guess its time to split the thread. Outside and Inside, jigglypuff and Tetnak will move to the new thread.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:58 pm

Emiko gives a look of thanks to the Otomo as he mentions looking for a yoriki. She watches carefully as neither Crane moves during the ruckus. "I believe we were in the middle of our dinners Crane san". The look of the fox crosses her face as she continues, "I am certainly glad to see that neither of you were injured in that disturbance". She straightens slightly on her pillow. "Perhaps your right about the crab clans manners. Though I find their sacrifices upon the wall more than adequette to make up for that minor fault". Her well placed words carrying on the wind just loud enough that the crab samurai ko can hear it just before exiting the building, her ronin prize in hand.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:32 pm

The Crane leans back on his pillowed seat. "Even a dog has his uses." The fat man smiles as his second bowl of rice arrives and he starts to gobble it down. He speaks only after the Crab Samurai-ko is gone. "But I wouldn't bring my dog with me to court now would I?" He chuckles, his views on the Crab pretty obvious. He then swallows and asks, "What is such a fine delegation of Imperials doing here? Come for the festival, to participate?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:39 pm

The door opens and in comes two Crab and one ronin. The ronin is being helped in by the Crab who are laughing at him. He appears to be in pain, holding his groin as he is brought in and plopped down at the table.

A few moment later Toturi Yoshimoto enters, moves to the Miya. Whispers something about having to be someplace called the Double Duck for a short while and then withdrawing outside again.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:47 pm

*** A week passes ***

A week passes, and the Imperials make various contacts with courtier and magistrates that are in attendance of the festival. The various men do their jobs, and marriages between the Lion and the Monkey clan are made that bind both clans tighter to one another and to the Imperial families. The last night before the contests are to start a storm rolls in to the area.

When the storm breaks, the Rain of Blood covers the Test of the Minor Clans driving samurai and heimin mad. The darkest corners of each persons lives comes to bare. Honor and duty give way to greed, lechery, envy, lust, doubt, overconfidence, and dark secrets come to light. The empire at large is effected by this terrible Rain of Blood, the harbinger of Iuichban's return to power in Rokugan and the rise of the Bloodspeakers to a threat they have never been in Rokugan!

Here ends the Reign of Blood game. This game is ending because of the struggle to keep this game active enough, and the format of remaking new characters each chapter prevents folks form getting attached to them. Perhaps in the future this game might return in some form.