Kar's Prelude

A game set in the early years of the Republic, at the beginning of the Great Galactic Civil War. With armed conflict approaching, the masters of the Jedi Order have begun their own silent, War of the Force.

Poll: Are you Karl?

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes: 5

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Kar's Prelude

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:14 am

The CorSec temporary holding facility is a very decent place to be held, and more than a few of the hard working citizens of the Blue Sector have spent the night within its walls. Karl has managed to not be one of these citizens and as a result is often chosen as a runner for others who have been caught applying their trade.

The front offices of 4 CorSec Plaza is nothing more than a small empty room with a single bench running the outside wall and a large tented transpara-steel window with a human receptionist behind it. The receptionist is dressed as a CorSec patrolman and he looks up as Karl enters the building and waits for the young man to state his business before saying anything.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:47 pm

"Hey man," says the kid. "Couple of my cousins are missing. Dad wants me to check here, see if they got caught doing something stupid. Can you do that?"

Yeah... that's it... play it innocent. Karl hasn't seen this receptionist before, so why not?

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:41 pm

Its business as normal for the officer working the desk and he slides a data-pad, with a CoSec logo on it, under the small slot in the window. 'œJust fill in what information you know and Ill run them through the system.'
Nature of Request:
Reason for Request
Requestors' name:

Family name:
Given Name:
Species:
Planet of Record{home-world}:
Identification Number
Date last seen:
Last known location:
Additional Identifying Information:

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:01 pm

Karl gives lie to his innocent story by quickly and efficiently filling out two forms, making use of the keypad instead of writing anything to the touch-sensitive screen.
Nature of Request: Arrest inquiry
Reason for Request: Family
Requestors' name: Kay Jarl

Family name: Hugo
Given Name: Lon
Species: Human
Planet of Record{home-world}: Correlia
Identification Number:
Date last seen: yesterday
Last known location: Blue sec

Family name: Hugo
Given Name: Kad
Species: Human
Planet of Record{home-world}: Correlia
Identification Number:
Date last seen: yesterday
Last known location: Blue sec

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:14 pm

The officer takes the pad and doesn't seem to notice the savant conduct his data entries. After loading the information into the system he looks down several pages of what must be similar persons picked up, or similar names, until he comes to an entry which seems to meet the request. 'œOk, looks like Lon and Kad Hugo were picked up for breaking and entry along with destruction of private property, everything after that is sealed by youth authorities. Do you want to sign for a family release report or is that enough?' The last question seems tagged on there, and it's likely the officer is probing to see if you are who you say you are.
Bluff(6) + Roll(11) = 17: Success(Tough)
Sense Motive(0) + Roll(8) = 8: Success(Easy)

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:28 pm

"Is there bail or somethin'?" asks the kid. "I don't have any money... I'd have to go tell dad, and he'll probably tell Mr. Hugo to come get then."

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:31 pm

The officer shrugs, 'œThough normally they don't do bail with kids, but either way I couldnt tell you; the system's locked out and without a relatives validation or chief overriding it, all I got is what I just told you. Well that and they are still held here. They haven't transferred them to Ju'Vie yet.'

As the guard once again brings up the fact that it would be a simple matter to obtain more information, provided you would be willing to place your finger on a scanning plate, his probing intentions start to become clearer. While he may not have figured you out just yet, he is definitely working to set his suspicions aside.
Sense Motive(0) + Roll(18) = 18: Success(Tough)

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:27 pm

Karl nods. "Alright, man... I'll tell my dad. I doubt they got me in the system as family, anyway. Thanks for the help." And he turns and makes his way back out of the office. His job is done. He knows what happened to them. He also knows that if the valuables they're holding get traced back to their owners, that a coresec station will be the last place he wants to be. Time to find a new cantina to do his gig at.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:52 am

The officer doesn't seem bothered by the departure and offers a polite nod, 'œAlright, but I'd recommend calling in to CorSec One, they'd be moved out of here by then, most likely.' He then goes back to sifting through files, or more likely surfing the holo-net, on his computer.

All in all, it was a successful mission. Karl acquired the information he was sent after, learned where not to go when applying his trade over the next several weeks, and most of all: didn't go to jail. Karl steps out of the CorSec office and appraises the street before making his way back towards the shuttle and a quick trip back to the down time he had meant to enjoy before this sidetracked assignment.

Looking out over the street a man catches you eye. He is a well built individual and has the look of a guard, or perhaps a soldier, about him and his light body armor and blaster hint at someone who has lived a hard life. Normally such individuals do not attract much notice from you, except for trying to avoid their anger and blasters, but this time something is different. Like, those times when you choose just the right mark, or turn down an ally at just the right time to avoid a passing sentry; you know that something can be gained by giving this man more than a passing glance.
Both Karl and Travis have reached a point in their preludes where the two men have come face to face. Here is where their stories link up together and they will continue in the same prelude until such time as more players are added to the game. As a reward for being the first two characters to complete their sheets and for the active RP each has conducted; they are hereby increased from lvl 1 to lvl 2. Go ahead and join into rp and send me the upgrades to your sheet through pm (include only what you changed).

Prelude 1: Karl and Travis