Travis' Prelude

A game set in the early years of the Republic, at the beginning of the Great Galactic Civil War. With armed conflict approaching, the masters of the Jedi Order have begun their own silent, War of the Force.

Poll: Are you Travis?

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes: 5

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Travis' Prelude

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:46 pm

'œAs you already know, I have little in the way of money after my little episode on Coruscant. What I can offer you is either a thousand credits now, a few hundred now and work later, or I may have a handle on an arms dealer looking to unload a slightly used piece of battle armor. If these sound acceptable then you can let me know after the job is done. It may be that later I will have something of a more fitting value to the task you will have performed.' He stands up and leaves his half finished drink on the table along with a data-card. 'œWhatever you choose, you should choose quickly. The world has not stopped turning and your window of opportunity is quickly closing. After you have the object safely in your possession we can talk further about what value you think your efforts has placed upon it.'
I have mentioned these already but a data-card is something akin to a modern world notebook. They are relatively inexpensive and are used to store rudimentary information such as pictures, text and the like. Frequently a data-card will change hands between people without much concern for when or if it will be returned.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:56 pm

Travis nods, "All acceptable forms of payment, so we'll see how things go." Nodding to the man he grabs the data card and lights it up right there in the bar. Once upon a time he'd wait until he got outside or something else, but then there was that incident where the mark was sitting at the bar across from him and it turned into a three week bs fest rather than a three punch tango.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:03 am

Marcus smiles as you activate the Data-Card. "It was a rather fortunate stroke that he arrived after you; otherwise it may have taken you longer to find him. But find our little thief and bring him back to me, I have great need for his talents in this endeavor."
4 CorSec Plaza, look for a young man who seems out of place among the upper class citizens of the sector.

Offer him the following: In exchange for a means of escape from his current living accommodations and work arrangements I am seeking his assistance in acquiring a specific item of value. Additional compensations can be discussed in person.

Return with the young thief to me. I will be at the cantina where this all started.

Contact in person or by Com-link #provided#

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:13 am

Travis pauses for a minute after reading the datacard. "I'm getting paid to not bother asking you why we didn't just grab him when he ran through." Is all he says before wandering out of the Cantina and hopping on the first transport to CorSec plaza.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:18 am

Marcus doesn't answer the implied question, but instead takes his leave and works his way out of the cantina. Travis is close behind and makes his way towards the quick-trans shuttle line only to find he has missed the shuttle by only a couple minutes. This forces Travis to wait nearly half an hour for the next shuttle, but gratefully nothing happens in this time.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:15 pm

Once the transport drops him off at CorSec plaza Travis looks grabs a news pad from one of the stands that seem to cling to the transport stations like flys to dung. Odds are he'll be loitering around the plaza, he should have some vague excuse why. Once in the plaza itself he'll locate building 4 and find a comfy place to sit and read his datapad where he can keep an eye on those coming and going. He doesn't really have a strategy yet to catch this kid, odds are he'll start running and from what Travis saw, he's damn good at that.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:51 am

The ride is pleasant and the shuttle free of an over abundance of people. Arriving at the quick-trans terminal outside of CorSec plaza you have enough time to work your way to a reputable looking news and food stand. There you purchase a news-pad and then work your way to 4 CorSec Plaza.

As it turns out, 4 CorSec Plaza is the temporary detention facility utilized by CorSec to hold those persons it has picked up and not yet processed through the courts. There is, however, very little time to read the news, or consider options for approaching the young man, before he pushes open the door and exits the building.

You had spent a long time thinking over the young man who ran through the cantina and up until now you were not certain you could recognize him out of the sea of humanity which exists in the city. But, now that you see this young man exit the building you are certain he is the one you were sent to make the offer to.
Both Karl and Travis have reached a point in their preludes where the two men have come face to face. Here is where their stories link up together and they will continue in the same prelude until such time as more players are added to the game. As a reward for being the first two characters to complete their sheets and for the active RP each has conducted; they are hereby increased from lvl 1 to lvl 2. Go ahead and join into rp and send me the upgrades to your sheet through pm (include only what you changed).

Prelude 1: Karl and Travis