Travis' Prelude

A game set in the early years of the Republic, at the beginning of the Great Galactic Civil War. With armed conflict approaching, the masters of the Jedi Order have begun their own silent, War of the Force.

Poll: Are you Travis?

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes: 5

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Travis' Prelude

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:04 pm

The youngest of the three boys runs into the cantina and makes a dash for the back door. The crowed of the cantina seems to slow him down and he has to backtrack a couple of times. At one point in the chase he gets close to where Travis and Marcus were just about to start a conversation. Marcus makes a move with his hand and guides the youth out of the way of Travis and pushes him towards the door. The other two pause for a second when they see two rather well armed individuals and adjust their path to go the long way around. This seems to give the youngest kid time to escape out the back door.

Once the excitement dies down, and the cantina returns to normal, Marcus turns back to Travis, 'œKids and their games.' He shakes his head before going on, 'œNow, where were we?'
Spot(0) + Roll(6) = 6: Fail

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:34 pm

"I think we were just about to get down to business." Travis starts off, "So, finally gonna try to get some of your stuff back?"

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:09 pm

'œAh, yes business. Come let's find ourselves a seat and a drink, then we can discuss business.' Marcus takes the lead and finds an unobtrusive table off to one side of the cantina. After taking the seat with its back to the door Marcus orders sociable drinks for the two of you and it is only after their arrival that he addresses the reason for the hire.

'œI have prided myself on only a few things in this life. One, was to be free of any great attachment to the property I own; too frequently dose one find oneself having to start life over again after a bad business deal. A second was a particularly rare object I managed to acquire only a few months before it was stolen from me. As you can see, I find myself in a bit of a moral dilemma.' He takes a sip from his drink before continuing, 'œI have decided the object is worth putting forth an effort to find again.'

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:10 pm

Travis nods, "Alright then, is this the kind of deal where you tell me what we're after? Or are we talking black box, too valuable to tell you, in a metal briefcase type thing?" Travis quips as he starts in on his drink.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:20 pm

The drink is alcoholic in name only and it would take several such concoctions to make anyone tipsy and yet not fruity. A good drink for those wanting to make a deal and not become so drunk they would agree to anything. The banter receives a neutral response and Marcus answers, 'œIt's a box, large enough that you should have a shoulder pack, but small and light enough that it won't be a problem to carry. As for its value that is a highly subjective thing. To me it is worth a small fortune; for you I suspect the value is somewhat less, as I do not have a small fortune to pay you for it.'

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:31 pm

Travis smiles as Marcus continues. "You know it's value doesn't really matter to me. I get payed based on how hard it is to get it and how many people will be trying to kill me in a a year for doing the contract for you." Travis takes another swig of his watered down cocktail. "I assume of course we are hitting a gang or some other illegal organization." He throws in, not wanting to be insulting...but it's important to make sure he doesn't cross any of the legal lines.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:40 pm

'œYou're concerned about that kind of thing? Interesting. Yes, the object is being held by a, '˜gang,' and this gang does operate outside the sanctions of the local government. In fact, you have already met one of its members not ten minutes ago.' There is a carefully crafted pause for effect while Marcus picks up his glass and speaks over its lip, 'œThe young man who picked my pocket on his run out the back door.'

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:54 pm

Travis considers what Marcus just told him and then responds. "I assume then this is a stun only mission, or that we'll have some adults to deal with too." Travis continues, "Killing children for money isn't exactly good PR, I don't feel like being known as the Butcher of Corellia".

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:09 pm

Taking another drink Marcus shakes his head, 'œI was thinking more of an inside job. I want you to meet with a recent acquaintance of mine and, persuade him, to help you, get the object back, for me.' 'œI am certain that between the two of you, everyone can benefit greatly from this little endeavor.'

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:31 pm

Travis nods, "Alright sounds like a start and we'll see what the details end up being. What are we looking at for pay here?" Of course the question was going to come up eventually, but etiquette demanded that Travis should put it off for as long as possible.