Prelude 1: Karl and Travis

A game set in the early years of the Republic, at the beginning of the Great Galactic Civil War. With armed conflict approaching, the masters of the Jedi Order have begun their own silent, War of the Force.

Poll: Are you Karl or Travis?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 6

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Prelude 1: Karl and Travis

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:49 am

A long time ago, in a galaxy, far away'¦. Star
Wars

Prelude 1
A CHANCE MEETING
The planet of Corellia has come to the attention of a lone Jedi. Two unlikely saviors have been found.

An artifact of the Force has been stolen by an unknown rogue organization who could use the artifact to plunge the galaxy forever into darkness.

While the Jedi Council goes without knowledge of the theft a young Jedi Knight has begun efforts to recover the artifact and protect the Republic from a force of destruction none could start to comprehend'¦.[/size]

CorSec Plaza, home of the Corellian Security Forces, is abuzz with activity on this late night. Here security officers, civilians, court officials, and assorted businessmen move about conducting their personal accounts at all hours of all days.

Outside the temporary holding facility is the small form of a young man who has only recently learned the fate of two of his cohorts in crime. Across the street is another man who seems to have separated himself from the drowning of the crowds, a beaten soldier of few years who now seems fixed upon the young boy exiting the CorSec building.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: Prelude 1: Karl and Travis

Post by od » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:15 am

As the boy wanders out of the building and glances his way Travis curses quietly under his breath. Odds are the kids smart enough to run if he recognizes him from the bar where he was picking pockets, not many options are open to Travis direct is probably the right way to go. "Hey kid," he starts trying not to be too gruff about it, "I've got an offer for you, one that pays." Well kind of he concedes to himself.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:30 am

The kid pulls his dreds back away from his eyes and stares at the man for a few minutes. Eventually, he decides on how to proceed. "What... you a cop?" Oh yeah... this is starting well.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:36 am

Travis laughs, "If I was a cop I'd haul your ass into that holding facility for the stunt you pulled back at the cantina." Smiling a bit, "No I'm a guy getting paid by another person to offer you a job. I'm not getting paid to do much beyond that though. Basically, he needs someone with your skills and is willing to compensate you."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:39 am

"You're getting paid to come get me? That's weak. I know people who'll do jobs like that for a fruit tart. Your customer is either an idiot or wants me hurt."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:45 am

Travis laughs again, "I'm getting paid for other things too, this is just on the list." Being a little grimmer Travis continues, "And besides kid if I was here to hurt I wouldn't start by saying high. I'd start by knocking your teeth out or stunning you with my blaster. And don't give me lip about how I couldn't do that in front of a Sec station, we both know any story I pitched to them would probably be believed over yours. They aren't exactly fair in their dealing with street kids."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:47 am

Karl leans against the nearest wall or post. "I didn't say he wanted you to hurt me... I said he wanted to do it himself. You don't send a big guy like you to pick on a kid... you send other kids. Who's your boss that he wants to talk to me? I'm nobody."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:09 am

Travis just shrugs, "Just a run of the mill feller like myself that needs something from you and wants to pay you back in return. But you're right you don't hire a guy like me to go pick up a kid for a job, because I probally won't convince him to come." Pulling a data card from his pocket he tosses it to the kid. "Here's the info I was given, you wanna know more hit the cantina. If you leave now I'll cover the shuttle fair, otherwise you're on your own."

The message delivered Travis turns around and starts heading to the transport station again, this kinda bullshit isn't really his deal and if the kid doesn't show well, then Marcus will learn that the hard way.
4 CorSec Plaza, look for a young man who seems out of place among the upper class citizens of the sector.

Offer him the following: In exchange for a means of escape from his current living accommodations and work arrangements I am seeking his assistance in acquiring a specific item of value. Additional compensations can be discussed in person.

Return with the young thief to me. I will be at the cantina where this all started.

Contact in person or by Com-link #provided#

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:20 am

Citizens and security personnel continue about their normal lives around the two as the conversation continues. No one seems to care enough about the lives of these two contracting in the middle of the street, at least no one lets on that they care.
The data-card message is simple enough except for one small glitch. The date-time stamp of last modification for the page is at least an hour before you arrived at the cantina. A quick check of the clock on the card shows it to be correct.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:53 pm

Karl sniffs and ponders just bolting. Whoever wrote this datapad is either a con artist or a Jedi, and Karl has a new universal lockpick that says there's a Jedi in town.

On the upside, the Jedi don't generally hurt kids, even when those kids do lift their lightsabers. He shrugs and follows along.