Jahn's Prelude

A game set in the early years of the Republic, at the beginning of the Great Galactic Civil War. With armed conflict approaching, the masters of the Jedi Order have begun their own silent, War of the Force.

Poll: Are you Jahn?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 3

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Jahn's Prelude

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:38 pm

'œAgainst doing things for no other reason than the assumption that it is what someone has expected you to do. Choose your own path.' With that he moves over to a stool and takes a seat. 'œThe trip will be some time; this ship is not the fastest in the galaxy.'

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:16 pm

Here time is going to be sped up to your arrival at the planet Corilea. Include what you do during the trip in your next pose. Master Ramsies for his part changes cloths into something more akin to a spacer and seems to relax considerably when out of his roll as Jedi Master.

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:49 am

Jahn, does some physical training throughout some of the rest of the trip, between sleeping and using the common area to do some studies on whatever was available when his master wasn't demanding his attention.

Once he was informed of arriving at Corellia, he dressed in the robes of a jedi padawan, his lightsaber hanging at his side as he got what gear he had ready.
"Three things that arn't funny: beatings, stabbings, and mimes. Why is it then that beating and stabbing a mime is so funny?" -Dave Attel

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:50 pm

Upon arrival at the planet Master Ramsies prepares to depart the ship and stands at the entrance ramp with one had on the door latch, "Things may occur which seem out of place, against what the Jedi counsel may have trained you to suspect. Trust your feelings and do not hesitate to make a mistake when it is the right thing to do." With that he opens the door and steps down the ramp the door closing behind him.

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:15 pm

Jahn just nods, a soft and perplexed look on his face at the statement. But, he disembarks with his master, doing his best to keep up with him as he looks the new planet, or what he can see of it from the Space Port.
"Three things that arn't funny: beatings, stabbings, and mimes. Why is it then that beating and stabbing a mime is so funny?" -Dave Attel

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:44 pm

The ship has been parked along a long row of other space craft. Here numerous members of various races and classes have come together for the purpose of interstellar travel. Walking a ways down the row the two of you eventually arrive at an intersection with a rather popular looking cantina at the end. "Here is where we must part ways. Explore the city as you see fit and return back to the ship when you are done. I expect my business will take several days but when done we can continue with your training."
I am attempting to push you up to the same timeline as the other characters and by doing so you have a couple days to waste on the planet. I don't want to tie you up in any extended plot so if you want to post a narrative of what your character would be doing for a day or so go ahead, and I'll try to introduce you at the next opportunity.

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:49 am

"Yes, Master. I know you will find me if you need me. May the Force be with you in your endeavors." Jahn bows, and awaits for his master to depart.

And, with the free reign of Corellia, Jahn turns to try and find a planet directory or info kiosk. Upon reaching one, he locates a few points of interest. Smiling softly, he gets the addresses of a few points of interest. The first to him, is, of course, CorSec headquarters. As an aspiring Guardian of Peace and Justice, working with the famous Security Forces would definetly help him on his investigative skills. Once he arrives there, he manages to convince an official there to let him do a ride along for one shift, using Master Ramsies name as needed to ensure it.

For that day, he spends it traveling with a patrol on a basic investigative mission for the day, doing his best to play the part of observer. The day concludes, thankfully, uneventfully, but it gives Jahn the basic idea of how to solve a crime objectively, by following leads and evidence. At the end of the day, Jahn returns to the ship for meditation and sleep.

The second day is just spent sight-seeing, enjoying the experience of a culture.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:51 pm

The two of you part company and you do not see your master again for the duration of your adventuring around the planet. Form your studies at the Jedi Temple you know of many of the great mysteries of the planet and also know that many of them are best left unexplored by a young padawan. Instead you find your way around the more populated regions and explore the rich culture of the Cornelians.

It is after a couple days of exploring that you are returning to your ship and pass by a small team of elite CorSec guards. This is odd, but the part to make your hair stand on end is the man walking with them snaps his eyes around and fixes upon your for longer than would give you comfort. Earlier you had met with members of the CorSec and were received with a warm welcome, invited to assist the patrols as best you are able and though you are but a padawan, they accepted your standing among the Jedi as something to welcome with open arms. The man says nothing to you and the two of you pass buy.

Returning to the ship you find the ramp down.
Join Karl and Travis' prelude as you enter the ship