Jahn's Prelude

A game set in the early years of the Republic, at the beginning of the Great Galactic Civil War. With armed conflict approaching, the masters of the Jedi Order have begun their own silent, War of the Force.

Poll: Are you Jahn?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 3

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Jahn's Prelude

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:26 am

Turning his attention away from the window infront of him, Master Ramsies looks back at his young padapan. "Have you sensed danger, I have not?" he asks, waving a hand wards the belt you have used to buckle yourself. Ramsies then stands and walks away from the controlls and the consol towards to, for lack of a better term, training room.

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:57 am

Jahn shakes his head gently. "No master. I have just heard some things that happen to some of the spacers out here when in hyperspace. If it is survivable, would rather just be prepared for it as opposed to finding myself through the transparisteel viewport." Watching him leave the cockpick, he quickly unbuckles himself and follows his master into the training room, watching his master.
"Three things that arn't funny: beatings, stabbings, and mimes. Why is it then that beating and stabbing a mime is so funny?" -Dave Attel

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:07 am

Arriving in the open room Master Ramsies turns around to regard his new pupil. 'œTo do things through habit and routine is one thing, but to be fearful of the future and of what possible dangers could come your way, is to live in fear.' He then opens one of the stools and from inside retrieves an all too familiar device, a training remote. Ramsies presses a couple buttons across its surface and then releases the droid to hover in the room.

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:14 am

"I realize the perception that could be. But, if I were to be injured through an accident while traveling through hyperspace, especially if I was on my way to complete a mission, how would my injuries for not taking proper precautions benefit my mission?" He watched the training remote as it took off into the air. He was ready to move defensively, but, his robes were still on and his lightsaber was yet to be activated, just in case the droid was programmed to strike him.
"Three things that arn't funny: beatings, stabbings, and mimes. Why is it then that beating and stabbing a mime is so funny?" -Dave Attel

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:28 am

'œSo you choose to belt yourself to the ship through habit? But dose this habit extend to us standing here? Or will you stop following your habits and logic after you have been in space long enough to forget your precautions?' He doesn't seem to be chastising as much as testing, something about the way he is watching you and listening to your answers that makes this more of a test than a lessen.

As he stands there talking to you the remote blasts a single crimson beam which strikes into Jahns' shoulder causing a sting of pain and a slight tingle across your fingers. After the single shot it goes back to hovering as if nothing had occurred.
Jahn: Will(9+4)=Fail, Surprised
Remote: Attack(14+4)=Hit, No damage

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:42 am

Wincing and rubbing the light burn on his clothing, he pulls his dark brown robes off and continues in the defensive stance, but still doesn't have his lightsaber activated. "Unfortunately, master, we cannot always be near a belt strap or in padded rooms. This is, as far as I can tell, the nature of life. However, basic safety measures always is good to get into the habit of. For then, it is like trusting the Force to guide your actions...becomes second nature with more and more practice."

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:22 pm

The master nods his head as he listens to your words and watches you remove the outer robe. A second blast from the remote is easily sidestepped by the padawan learner, who has spent more than a fair amount of time training with these machines, which at the moment seems to be set to hover in place and shoot rather infrequently.

Ramsies then comments after the second blast, 'œHabits, reflexes, expectations and presumptions. The Jedi temple has trained you well to be a copy of what a Jedi is expected to be.'
Remote: Attack(7+4)=Miss

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:31 am

Side stepping the bolt as he could perceive it comming towards him, he speaks. "Master, do you find this to be a bad foundation for our Order before they send us into the Galaxy at large?" His azure blue eyes watch his master while keeping the driod in his peripheral. "If you do, my presence here is for you to undo what has been done so I can train to your expectations. I have no basis to form my own judgement upon. It is, afterall, you who decides and declares when I can learn no more from you or any other Jedi Master."

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:03 am

'œThe order has survived for millennia on such foundations, I would not presume to cast judgment upon their collective teachings.' There is a diplomatic pause before continuing, 'œIt is still something I would caution against carrying to far away from the temple.' The droid then fires another blast, but this one was aimed at the Jedi Master, who seems to have included himself in the list of targets.

Feeling a slight tremor through the force just before the blast occurs you are able to anticipate the bolt, but at the same time can tell it was not met for you and requires no movement to avoid. Watching the master you see his body retain the same relaxed posture he has had during the conversation, and when the bolt strikes him in the chest he continues to show no sign that the event has even occurred.

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:10 am

Jahn nods, standing straight, trying to use the techniques he learned to control his body, seperate his mind from the flesh enough to ignore pain. He watched his master. "What would you caution me when I am leaving the temple?"