Rough Landing

A game set in the early years of the Republic, at the beginning of the Great Galactic Civil War. With armed conflict approaching, the masters of the Jedi Order have begun their own silent, War of the Force.
BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Rough Landing

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Thu May 24, 2007 4:59 pm

The comlink provides little encouragement as it still holds a faint signal but no response is received from the Jedi left for dead in near space. If he is up there he is either not receiving your signal or is unable to respond.
Jedi-Lore: Roll(18) + Knowledge(7) = Formidable(25)
You know a few things about the Jedi from your extensive time training at the temple and the first is that no weapon has been built of the force, even the light sabers of the Jedi are not powered by the force but rather by mechanical energy. It is theoretically sound to believe a weapon could be constructed in such a manner but to your knowledge no one has ever done such.

This dose not mean there is not risk, while it may not be a weapon or a bomb it could very well be of such immense power that the three of you would be unable to contend with the will of the creators. Though the most likely truth is that the object is a holicron (frequently built by dark Jedi though a few of the light side have been known to exist as well) though the reason for the temple and the location to place the holicron are only for interpretation as each of such objects are created by a single master with no design to link one to another. If it is a holicron then the only danger is in what knowledge of the force is held within and what damage such knowledge could do to those who are not ready to receive its teachings.

Then again it could be a bomb

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Fri May 25, 2007 2:44 am

Shaking his head softly, he looks to Travis. "Ever see a Jedi create a weapon beyond a lightsaber? It is not a weapon, a bomb, or anything like that. More than likely, it is a holocron, and the most dangerous thing about it is likely to be the information it contains. And that, my aquaintance, depends upon who created it. I know Sith and other darksiders created more than a handful of them, but Jedi have created some as well. Whatever it is, that is attuned to this place is of no question. Ontop of that, we have no guidance at the moment beyond hiding, and we're successfully doing that."
"Three things that arn't funny: beatings, stabbings, and mimes. Why is it then that beating and stabbing a mime is so funny?" -Dave Attel

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue May 29, 2007 4:55 pm

Karl slumps down against the wall, throwing both backpacks to the side. "So far? I've never seen jedi create anything except a mess." He makes no move to unlock the mysteries of the holocron. He's not a jedi, and for all the mystic's talk, it's still just an expensive plastic cube to him. But it becomes clear that he's thinking about it when he jumps up again. "Hey... if the guys who are after us are after this thing, they probably know about this place, too."

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue May 29, 2007 5:06 pm

Travis chuckles, "Jedi created weapons constantly, they are called other Jedi. Or did you think the lightsaber training was so that you could trim hedges? Besides, who's to say the Jedi built it? All we know is the Jedi want it, we've got no idea who the hell built it. And I really doubt something that your master considered a threat to the whole galaxy isn't dangerous?" Travis shakes his head. "Learn some patience, I'm pretty sure if you ever want to graduate to being a real jedi you'll need it." Laying back down Travis pulls his cloak down over his face so that it's hidden from the light and seems to drift off to sleep.

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Wed May 30, 2007 7:42 am

Narrowing his eyes at Travis, he shakes his head. "The Force is used as a weapon only by those who seek power and to impose thier own will, as opposed to those who seek to allow the Force to guide thier actions. No...the Force guided us here. Ontop of that, this place, apparently, was meant for it to be read here. How else do you explain this? There are millions of worlds in this galaxy. Chance?"

Turning his attention to Karl, he folds his arms a bit as he stands. "Most who find a holocron don't know what it is, due to thier rarity. They see an item made of lightweight crystals and imagine the credits it would be worth as a piece of art, rarely as a container of knowledge. Besides, if he knows what's on there, he would be a Force User already using what it contains, and we would have had a group of Sith Soldiers charging in as opposed to a search party not even noticing this place."

Standing by the depression for it, he sits in a stance that will allow him to meditate if they decide not to play the holocron. "Realize that opportunities like this happen, happen only a few times in a life time, and when it does, it's for a reason. If you wish to view it or not, it is up to you...afterall, you are the viewer of it. Biased oppinions aside, I would like to see this, and make a judgement call after I have seen it instead of lashing out with mistrust and petty superstitions."
"Three things that arn't funny: beatings, stabbings, and mimes. Why is it then that beating and stabbing a mime is so funny?" -Dave Attel

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed May 30, 2007 5:15 pm

"Kid, its from this planet, likely Marcus found it in this very room back when before Samik's kids lifted it from his purse. You've got a pretty sad reading of fate when you think its a billion to one chance that we crashed on the planet we were trying to escape. Feel free to pull whatever loose interpretation of the Force out of your ass to justify ignoring your teachings and your masters warnings. Your not following the Force, your paying it lip service and doing whatever the hell you feel like doing. For now, sit down, shut up and wait to hear from Marcus. If we don't, then we gotta figure out if we can get that thing to the Masters at the Temple or if we need to try to destroy it."

Looking at Karl he shakes his head, "Don't fret kid, either way you'll get your new life. If the masters don't give it to you I'll find ya a place in the world."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed May 30, 2007 5:28 pm

Karl nods at Travis. The offer of a life is the easy one to swing his vote. "Your master wanted it off this planet, and was deliberately vague on what it was about. Don't get thinking that you're the boss just because you're the only one in the room wearing burlap. We were hired by Marcus, and until he burns up in the atmosphere, he's still got a chance of paying us. Might as well respect his wishes. Once he burns up..." The kid shrugs. "I imagine the other masters on Corescant will be willing to pay for it."

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:36 pm

The group continues their discussion in the ancient meting hall and slowly it begins to be observed that the glow from the cube has started to illuminate other text surrounding the hall. With a soft green light the once worn words begin to glow, the light increasing and eventually leaving the group without a need for the glowsticks. Even without being able to read the words each of you seem to be able to understand them to be a history of the people who built the hall, guiding principals for behavior older than the Jedi, and a near scripture like reverence to the force.

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:20 pm

He began breathing exercises, doing his best to remain calm and standing to read some of the other things. "I am not bossing anyone around, I said no command. Use whatever logic you wish. And do not try and make me an enemy by belittling me. We are stuck in this together, whether we all like it or not, and creating distrust is not going to get us anywhere."

Deciding to push everything else out of his mind, he just reads what is on the wall until he feels tired enough to meditate and then sleep.
Durring the meditation, will focus on the problem at hand, and try and find some solutions. Problems he sees: The other two and thier biased views on Jedi, and him as a result. The current situation with them on Corellia, and needing to get to the nearest Jedi outpost of some sort, even if the other Jedi is on Corellia or in the Corellia system.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu May 31, 2007 1:34 am

Karl snorts. "Distrust was CREATED when your master started changing the deal after we had already done our part. Until he follows through on his promises, distrust will CONTINUE."

He slumps down next to the backpacks, then turns to Travis. "How long do we wait before we give up on him?"