Rough Landing

A game set in the early years of the Republic, at the beginning of the Great Galactic Civil War. With armed conflict approaching, the masters of the Jedi Order have begun their own silent, War of the Force.
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Rough Landing

Post by Bitom » Tue May 08, 2007 11:05 pm

"What the hell is this place?" asks the kid. "It feels... old... REALLY old."

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Wed May 09, 2007 5:40 am

Jahn nods, agreeing with the boys sentiments on the antiquity of the area. "It is a conclave...meeting all, or podium for ancient Force Users. Could be the precursors to any number of Force Traditions, here or afar."
"Three things that arn't funny: beatings, stabbings, and mimes. Why is it then that beating and stabbing a mime is so funny?" -Dave Attel

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Wed May 09, 2007 8:25 am

As all of your eyes adjust to the low light the details of the room start to come more and more into detail. There is no vegetation or signs that there ever has been even moss in the audience chamber, the stone benches are smooth and worn along what is likely the path up and down from the audience chamber. Running along the walls is a small covered channel with what looks like may be oil lamps. There are two large support pillars that seem to be part of the natural shape of the chamber and upon closer inspection it becomes clear that the entirety of the chamber seems to have been carved out of the cavern with nothing brought in or moved beyond the door.
You look over the back wall behind where the speakers would have stood and can make out the faint outline of what may have been words etched into the rock, but have now been worn away by time. After a while of searching you find a place near the wall in roughly the center of the chamber that has a strange square cut into the floor. It is perhaps 10' wide and 2' deep with writings still discernable around the outside though the language is unknown to you.

Jahn(Search)=Roll(17)+Search(2)=Tough(18)
Everyone go back to there sheet and double check that you have languages. If you do not have a language for each point of inteligence bonus then include a note in your next post with what languages you know.

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Wed May 09, 2007 8:50 am

Jahn points out the dialect surrounding the square cut into the floor of where the speakers would have been. "I cannot read that. Can anyone else?"
I guess I never had chosen my languages, or really fully fleshed my character out beyond what I said here. Hmm...Languages are as follows: Galactic Basic, Ryl, and Ithorian
"Three things that arn't funny: beatings, stabbings, and mimes. Why is it then that beating and stabbing a mime is so funny?" -Dave Attel

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Wed May 09, 2007 9:09 am

No one is able to read the language marked arround the squar cut into the floor and described in the private message ot Jahn above.
You however do recognise it as simmilar to that which was on the outside of the artifact.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed May 09, 2007 5:01 pm

Travis checks his comlink to make sure he can get a signal should Marcus contact them and then begins looking around. Whispering he scolds the two young men. "Quit jabbering, there are likely soldiers on the other side of this door looking for us." Walking to a corner of the room that isn't immediately visible from the door Travis opens the survival pack and begins checking its contents. Once that is complete he checks over all of his gear to ensure none of it was damaged during the landing.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed May 09, 2007 5:14 pm

Karl makes a face at Travis, then takes to wandering around the room. Old places in the stories always have ancient artifacts or secret passages or something cool, so Karl goes looking for those with al the zeal that a teenager can bring to the essentuially useless pursuit of 'cool stuff.'
My sheet is one language short, but I already have all the languages that it makes sense for Karl to know. I'd like to save my remaining bonus language to learn at some later point of the game where it makes sense to do so.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Wed May 09, 2007 6:12 pm

Your examination of the place reveals nothing which is not structurally part of the very rock of the hill. As for passageways you do manage to find where two passageways should be, except the rock wall is still firmly in place. Looking at the floor you can see that it is worn at the base as if the wall had moved and then was replaced.
Karl(Search)=Roll(7)+Search(8)=Tough(15)
The complink shows a spotty connection to the global network. Its possible to get a signal but unsure what quality the transmission will be. As for the rest of your gear it all checks out and appears that nothing was damaged during the landing.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Fri May 11, 2007 4:03 pm

Karl goes about searching the confines of the audience chamber while Travis insures what supplies he has brought with him have survived the landing. Jahn is standing over a cut out square in the floor and everyone hears the sound of people on the other side of the sliding rock wall. The voices are muffled and indistinct though they seem to be shouting or calling down the passage. With time the voices get louder until they are on the other side of the wall then abruptly they stop and are replaced with indistinct muffled talking followed by silence. It is likely the search party has reached the dead end of the passageway, but they have not found that the wall is anything other than the end of the passage.

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Fri May 11, 2007 10:27 pm

Hearing the voices on the other side of the wall, Jahn quietly moves to take a position of cover while still aiming his blaster rifle at the door. Though his finger was not on the trigger, so as not to shoot on accident should they come in. It is still possible they are just people doing thier job os Search & Rescue, and he would rather have some sort of certainty to it before he began shooting.