Rough Landing

A game set in the early years of the Republic, at the beginning of the Great Galactic Civil War. With armed conflict approaching, the masters of the Jedi Order have begun their own silent, War of the Force.
BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Rough Landing

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Thu May 31, 2007 9:18 am

Meditation on the Force = Roll(20) + Roll(6) + Farseeing(2) = Heroic(30)

Following the lines of the text across the walls and closing your mind to the distractions of the world you begin to enter a meditative calm.

The room clears and the dust of time pulls away from the worn stones as the writing comes into sharp contrast against the polished stone walls. Shadowy figures of an ancient race, dressed in white ceremonial garb and armed with long pikes, begin to form standing around the enclave.
Their words start as unintelligible bickering but slowly you start to understand the alien tongue, and when two new aliens arrive the voices come to a hush. The two new beings move to stand one before each of the large symbols on the wall, now identified to be representations of the two sides of the force.

Becoming towards the door your group came through a human arrives, dressed in dark green robes similar in cut to those worn by the Jedi. He moves to kneel before the being waits for the other to speak. In an alien tongue the being speaks, 'œWhen words had once been with life and free to follow the way the Rakata sent forth and found life to their liking and took to them forces that belonged to others. The arms have tilted and the ways are no longer to the other as they had been. We have to exist in our ways, but those uncorrupted must look to the ways and go forth to set back how the galaxy had been.'

From another side of the room a being arrives carrying the artifact and kneels, holding it out to the one who had just spoken. The speaker reaches over and takes the artifact without words and sets it ceremoniously into the square cut into the floor. There is a shimmer to the image and when it clears the two symbols for the two sides of the force have opened to reveal two passageways and the human is no longer standing among the beings.

The speaker then turns to the other who has stood silently beside him as his equal, 'œI held hope to the paths not being opened, but at times the balance can be shifted by the actions of an individual. We must hope his choice was the one that will bring us back to balance.'

The rock then ages with thousands of years before your eyes, the beings fade to history and the glow of the words on the wall returns to how it had been.
Force Sense = Roll(13) + Will(0) = Average(13)
Something is happening with the Jedi as he stands there looking at the glowing walls. You can feel him connecting to the pulse of the cavern, almost like he is listening to something. This is one of the clearest feelings you have received from the Force and there is no hesitation to the fact that what you sense is real and not something your mind has made up from lack of sleep.
Force Sense = Roll(16) + Will(2) = Tough(18)
The Jedi has connected to the force resonance of the temple, it may not have been intentional, but when he started to relax his mind you could feel the pulse of the structure begin to seep into him, whatever he is seeing is something remembered by the cavern itself.

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Thu May 31, 2007 3:26 pm

And the calm he found was reached, a serene look on his face as he immersed himself in the Force and the cave. After the meditation, he moves to his backpack and sets it against a corner, rolling it up and laying down to sleep, seeing as how safe they were, for the time being.
"Three things that arn't funny: beatings, stabbings, and mimes. Why is it then that beating and stabbing a mime is so funny?" -Dave Attel

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:36 pm

Everyone settles down as this appears to be as good a place as any to rest before venturing out in search of the next best thing. It is several hours before the sound of the comlink chirping drawls the attention of the group. The message is recorded, as the signal seems to have been bad enough not to support a live connection.
I hope you have all landed safely; I was able to bring the ship down, though I have to admit I am much further away from your location than I would like. If you all can find a place to sit tight for a couple days I will porter a craft and come pick you up. It may be a while before I can get my ship working, but the least I can do is send the three of you back to Coresaunt. You can contact me back on the same channel, hang tight and may the force be with you.

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:51 am

Hmm...little busy guys? I doubt he contacted my comlink. Need one of the other of you to pick up here.
"Three things that arn't funny: beatings, stabbings, and mimes. Why is it then that beating and stabbing a mime is so funny?" -Dave Attel