Chapter 2a: Garva and Zihao Scouting

To the east of Mahasarpa, Zakhara, and Wang Guo are the islands know as Jaza'ir U-Thangal-Mulk, or the Islands of the Beast. Hundreds of islands make up this area, dominated by the Beast and his lycanthrope minons. Will these creatures destroy all or will the peoples that call the islands home survive the terror that has lived amongst them for hundreds of years.(A vWorld Expansion)Run by DM TetNak
Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Chapter 2a: Garva and Zihao Scouting

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:58 pm

Zihao's thoughts echo Garva's for a moment and it distracts her long enough that she misses his next intent until he's speaking to the lizardfolk. She huddles further in the foliage. Her heart is in her throat- but she knows she is the only one who can help him if the lizardmen attack. She couldn't count all of them in the streets- but she knows there were more than even Garva could handle by himself. She listens closely for a response from the lizardfolk and watchs for possible negative responses.

Be Careful! she practically shouts across the divide to her brother. softer she adds I am with you
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:09 pm

The lizardfolk nearby turn, peer at Garva, and look completely shocked. Suddenly there is an uproar the sounds not unlike when Garva's village was attacked. Women run away, men quickly collect their vitas, slings, and shamshirs and rush to surround Garva. He still has a change to run if he would wish it. Zihao does not know if she will be discovered or not in the brush ...
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:32 pm

Garva has his hands up, unarmed (save for a dagger in his belt on the side). He is tring to communicate, using the same langauge as the group has been using with the lizardfolk from the boat. "Your attack on my village has failed. I come in peace to speak to you about the events that have transpired. I see your leader, my comrades at sea await my return. Put down your weapons and let us settle this with speach not swords."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:44 pm

Zihao watches them trying to surround her brother and mentally calculates how long it will take her to get back to the others on the boat. She keeps her eyes on the lizardmen, while firmly resolving that should things start going badly she will draw them off her brother using any means necessary.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:49 pm

None of the lizardfolk seem to notice Zihao, but they stand only a few feet away. Zihao knows it will take a while to get back, as she would have to try to sneak, very slowly, away. If that is even possible, she is not sure.

One of the lizardfolk surrounding Garva says, "Yesss, we take you to chieftain. Worry not, human ..."

The lizardfolk behind Garva, holding a vita, threatens to push the tip into his back. "Walk," it says ...

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:04 pm

do you want help? are you alright with this? she asks in her thoughts ready to help in any way. She is only slightly molified by their assisstance in taking him to the chieftain- however it could be a trap and she is still wary. Should he wish it at any point, she is more than willing to make herself a diversion. With this in mind she mentally calculates the fastest route back to the boat.*

object being to make them follow her back to the boat and those waiting there

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:08 pm

Garva just nods, once to the Lizardman, and another to his sister unseen in the brush. "I am going, this is all fine." His emotions are a mix of fear and calm, but he is at peace. He goes along with the Lizard folk to see the chief.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:06 pm

The lizardfolk grunt, and lead Garva further into the camp. Garva looks around, he is surrounded, an escape would be difficult. The lizardfolk guide the man to a larger hut, "Go inssside," one of them says ...

Zihao is left alone and she must decide what to do.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:45 pm

Garva ducks his head and goes inside. He's not thinking of escape, yet.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:44 pm

Zihao waits silently in the brush while her brother is lead inside. She begins to talk to him in her thoughts to formulate some sort of plan seeing as how this was so sudden.

We need a plan. Do you want me to get the others? It seems like if goes well you will be fine, but i need you to signal me when or if it starts going badly. There are too many for us to face by ourselves...

She attempts to move through the brush so she is closer to the hut he's being lead to as silently as possible. She is hoping that the lizardmen are preoccupied by Garva and continue to not see her.