The Game

This is the out of character forum for the Lord of the Rings game.

Poll: What should we do with this game?

Switch to d20 - Hit Point System
No votes
Switch to d20 - Vitality System
50%
Keep Decipher System
No votes
Just end the game all together
50%

Total votes: 2

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: The Game

Post by Trogdor » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:38 pm

I understand completely. Things are very busy here too. And as much as I very much like the way this game was heading, trimming things down probably isn't a bad idea for me either.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:28 pm

The game was obviously going to take you into some of the internal politics of the Dunlendings, between the Daen Iontis and the Daen Cotis. You could make friends and allies by helpin Draig and his clan out. From him you'd make contact with guides and others that could help you into Tharbad and perhaps even join you as a small military force that wants the upstarts put down.

The white man on horse back leading the raid was Vardaen the Grey Boar, the arch enemy for the game. Leader of the enemies, and the last agent of Saurman of Many Colors who was setting up a petty kingdom out of Tharbad with the remains of Saurman's Uruk-Hai, and vile Dunlendings, he was a Black Numenorian. You would also have met Tet'Nak Master of the Marshes who would have guided you for his own selfish reasons (revenege not the least of them) and aided you in your battles.

That was the initial opening plot basically.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:35 pm

** Grumbles **
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name