Chapter 23: The Meek

What if you woke up in the morning and realized that the world was coming to an end? What if you were a little slow on the uptake and it passed you by?

A D20 modern game set after the end of the world.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Soul Death

Post by TetNak » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:26 pm

David walks over to the pair, willing to help where he can, his own cart overloaded with his loot.
Help +2 to whatever skill
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Clifford does his best to follow Sky's instructions while trying not to get in either her or David's way. To keep his mind off the cause of the injury, he asks the other two, "What are we going to do? The food won't last forever, and I think we'd all like to see some people. Well, besides each other."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

paradoxa
Level 12
Level 12

Post by paradoxa » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:31 pm

When the leg is finally bandaged, Sky leans back. She looks at Clifford, her face pale and a cold sweat on her brow.
"This place is, like, cursed... I wanna get away from here. The three of us could just load up a car with food and stuff and head off to... I don't know, just away from here. "
Running away from problems and hoping everything will be better elsewhere - Sky has some experience with that.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:11 pm

"Were are we going to go?" David asks, "I guess we could just start going town to town, trying to find food?"

He shrugs, "Could get us shot, though."

paradoxa
Level 12
Level 12

Post by paradoxa » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Sky looks down towards her bandaged leg.
"Well... it could. Just like staying here. "

"I'd say we move on until we find a better place. This curse... disease.. or whatever it is can't have spread out that far, yeah?" Sky says, with some naive optimism.

"We should keep to the cities, small towns aren't that friendly to strangers, and then there's still the Hand... let's get a map, and we can decide where to go, okay, guys?"

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Clifford nods slowly. "We'll need something bigger than the the police car, though I don't think many people would mind if we took a van or small truck. Something with cargo room for food, fuel, parts, a place to sleep... Do either of you know how to fix a car?" Looking at Sky his face softens, "My dear, I don't expect people in the big cities to be any more accepting. It appears that there are limited resources. Us arriving will strain those further. Have you ever known people to become more charitable when times are tough?"
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:24 pm

"I've never even changed my own oil," David says, actually drinking a bottled water now. Maybe the shooting sobered him up. "But, yeah, maybe a big ass van. Like a fifteen passenger van or something?"

paradoxa
Level 12
Level 12

Post by paradoxa » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Sky has to laugh as Clifford asks if she can fix a car.
"Man, I'm not even sure if I can drive... "

"Yeah, things have been tough for a while, but I always managed to find some nice people. I'd just give it a try. " She shrugs, not overly worried about that.

Sky considers the suggestion of taking a big van for a moment, then remarks
"The roads might be kinda bad, though, with the 'quake, and storms and all that..."

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:09 pm

"Sky, I didn't mean to imply that everyone will try to shoot us, just that with so many people gone, those who remain may try to blame others for their loss." Clifford is backtracking hard. "I'm sure some people will be welcoming."
He takes a deep breath, and sighs, "I haven't been out of the city in years, so I don't know where the best place to go would be, and I certainly don't know what conditions are like on the road. Do you two think we should try to find a 4x4 truck or SUV then? And what direction might be best?"
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

paradoxa
Level 12
Level 12

Post by paradoxa » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:38 pm

"Hey, Clifford, stay cool..." Noticing that he seems upset, Sky reaches out to give Clifford a friendly nudge on the arm and smiles at him.
"Everyone has their own experience, really, man, that's okay. "

She sighs and gets back to the planning.
"Like I said, let's get a map. Cincinnati shouldn't be to far away.. or maybe Chicago... or Detroit. "