Chapter 2 - Gathering of Storms

This is the first Wang Guo game centered around the Hier of Tu Qing and the release of the Shadar-Kai from their imprisonment. It is actually set in an alternate timeline version than the new offical Wang Guo. - Run by Vardaen
Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Mourning Chao

Post by Geist » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:05 pm

"No! NO! Curse you, Lu Zhou! You won't see me blubbering and I won't allow you to leave! I never wanted the throne, until recently, but now I can't rest until it belongs to the Meng family once again! Chao wouldn't want me to give up now! That miserable usurping bastard won't keep my father's throne, DAMN IT! He'll just keep on coming whether we fight or not! And he'll try to eradicate the whole of my family until we're gone! Let the emperor's armies come! Stuff HIM! Stuff the fat bastard right into the hole we just climbed from! You may die... I may die, too... but that's just a sad consequence of our duty to the people of Tu Qing! It's for my family and the people of Tu Qing that I suffer, and it's for them that I take each step further!"

The young prince is indeed an emotional one, but he seems to have worked out his frustration and grief in one moderately brief speech which tells a great deal how he feels about Chao's death and the current situation and his outlook toward its possible ends. He's more grim than usual, but if it is grim determination that he must exude to complete his task, then grim determination will be his bread and butter.
I'm back for a few days only (until Wednesday). But I thought I'd try to catch up on what my chars and peeps have been doing over the past month. Besides, it looks like I came back just in time to give Chen-Wei a kick in the pants. :wink:

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Mourning Chao

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:09 pm

"This has nothing to do with what we want," Lu Zhou says, "It has only to do with what our duty is." He looks over at the others and then back to the Prince. "Do your duty and none can ask any more. If it becomes your duty to become King, so be it, if you find one of your older siblings, so be it." Lu Zhou shrugs, "If we somehow rid the Emperor from Tu Qing than your siblings, if alive, can come forth easier. That is the most likely scenario."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:40 am

"Don't go anywhere?" Li turns and looks upon the man who speaks to him and lets out a brief chuckle before he continues to speak, "Of what I hear, it seems to be that all of you are just as much hunted as me, but in my case, I have only broken the law by hunting deer..."
He silences and cracks up in a white smile which is most probably seen only by the shadow creature in the group, and then continues in the ancient tounge, "But you..." he makes a brief pause of effect, "..appear to be hunted cause of more serious buisness...what do I have to gain by helping you?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:59 am

Lu Zhou turns away from Chen-Wei, looking over the random man, "We could kill you." He takes a step from Chen-Wei and toward the man, "I would not wish to do so, but if you are making threats and I feel you might put us in jeapordy ... I will soil this ground with your blood if necessary."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:54 am

The dark figure, understanding none of this, remains on the edge of the light, fading in and out of shadow as Lu Zhou turns this way and that. When the light is on him, he's quite clearly standing there, but as the one-eyed wizard turns away, the light dims, and he seems almost to dim with it, almost vanishing before the light comes to shine on him again.

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Geist » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:28 am

Chen-Wei sighs.

"Ah, Lu Zhou! Will you please stop posturing and start listening? Perhaps I've caught you off guard with my sudden burst of reason, but that doesn't give you license to repeat my own sentiments right back to me! At least we now seem to be on the same page, I suppose."

The prince turns toward the hunter.

"You there! Stop talking nonsense! You must know that, under the emperor's law, poaching carries the same weight and penalty as other crimes? You would consider yourself blessed to find yourself in his court on a day when he might show mercy and forego quartering before taking your head! Think on this before you decide to report us to his soldiers. In any case, I cannot say that you have your life to gain by helping us, since those who seek to aid us are, more often than not, lost or killed. My intention is to win back the throne of Tu Qing from the emperor. Help me, or don't. But choose your path, for I have many miles to travel, and an army to raise before I can reach my goal. Until then, I must keep moving."

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:42 am

"Threatening you?" the man appearing as a hunter frowns, "Not threatening you. If anyone is threatened its me." he takes a step forward into where it is a bit more light and then nods his head at the shadow creature and and the one eyed man himself and his complaining companion, "You are an odd group, and I am no threat to you."

He then turns his head towards the complaining companion and frowns before looking towards the one-eye man again, and raises an eyebrow, "Royalty?"

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:02 am

The Shadar Kai makes a hissing sound, like a man trying to scare off a cat, then promptly vanishes into the shadows beyond the range of the wizards light.
Hiding to the best of my rediculous ability and working my way around to see what made the noise I heard.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:29 pm

Lu Zhou looks over at Chen-Wei. The prince has continually contradicted himself over and over again, and quite simply, Lu Zhou thinks him retarded at this point. He begins to speak but is interrupted from what he was going to say by the poacher. 'œIndeed. Death comes to all that violate the Emperor's Laws. Do they not?' He grins slowly, his huge beard opening to expose his teeth, 'œOutlawed royalty. And there are many who would pay you handsomely to know that. You would probably even be pardoned, perhaps, but then again the Emperor could simply kill you anyway.'

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 am

Li looks over Lu Zhou and Chen Wei again, and then tries to find the odd figure of the group but is unable to see him anywhere. The hunter shrugs slightly as if a shiver goes down along his spine and seems to be thinking for a while. "Well the old emperor did not mind the hunting...since they organized great hunts. The new one, well..." the figure smirks and turns to look for his dog as he continues, "...would probably just have my head for telling about you..."