Chapter 2 - Gathering of Storms

This is the first Wang Guo game centered around the Hier of Tu Qing and the release of the Shadar-Kai from their imprisonment. It is actually set in an alternate timeline version than the new offical Wang Guo. - Run by Vardaen
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Round 2

Post by TetNak » Thu May 04, 2006 1:58 am

Lu Zhou grunts, taking a step backward and peering toward the guard that Chen-Wei battles. His head turns sideways and he says, with a strange, and much higher voice than usual, 'œI think you would like to aid the true Prince of Tu Qing '¦ I think so indeed '¦.'
5 foot step se, charm person on 02
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 04, 2006 3:06 am

Initiative: Li Li 21, Fahng 19.4, Swordsmen 19.1, Chen-Wei 14, Lu Zhou 8, Bowman 6
Lu Zhou steps back, and weaves a subtle spell around him. It is his voice that attacks the man, a suggestion in a charming manner. His hands turn up wards, open, friendly, "I think you would like to aid the true Prince of Tu Qing '¦ I think so indeed ." The man spins his lajatang around and plants one end of it in the dirt at his feet. "The true prince of Tu Qing? He glances back and forth between Lu Zhou and Chen-Wei and then bows deeply to the prince. "Forgive me! I did not know! I am your humble servant!"
Lu Zhou: Charm Person: DC 17, Will Save: 'œ1', 4 Fail
The last remaining bowman, in the edge of the forest watches as Fangh kills the heavily armored man to his east. He pauses in the brush, thinking for only a second, and then watches the other man plant his weapon and bow in honor. "I ain't dieing for some damn deer." He turns and bolts headlong into the black forest around him vanishing into the thick undergrowth and night...
Bowmen: Runs Like Hell
Initiative: Li Li 21, Fahng 19.4, Swordsmen 19.1, Chen-Wei 14, Lu Zhou 8, Bowman 6
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Thu May 04, 2006 4:35 am

Li looks for the last voice and then sets off after him in a full run. As his crashes over the pebbles of the ruins the bow is slung over his shoulder and both arms begin to work as pistons at his sides as he runs into the woods again searching for the last of the provincial guards.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu May 04, 2006 4:41 am

Lu Zhou seems to agree, he yells, "Fahng! Catch the fleeing guard! He must not escape else our presence her may be reported! Hurry!" He leaves Chen-Wei deal with the charmed guard, "Tie him up Chen-Wei," he says, also running after the fleeing guard.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu May 04, 2006 4:54 pm

Fanhg seems to agree that the man should not escape and breaks into a run, gathering his chain and brutally ripping the spikes fron his fallen opponent's chest on the way by. Although running, the shadow fae seems less rushed than the others, though. The man they are pursuing has no light, and has been facing Lu Zhou's burning torch for some time as he approached the group. The only light now is caused by Lu Zhou's following, and there's an easy solution to that.

"Stay back... defend your prince! I need no light, but he does."

His command given, he begins rapidly stalking a man who can see far less than him.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu May 04, 2006 9:44 pm

Lu Zhou agrees with the Fey, stopping and allowing Fahng and Li to give chase. The wu jen turns and looks over the '˜charmed' guard. 'œYou were after the poacher?' he asks, walking up close to the man, 'œWhat are your orders? Are there other guards in this area? Where is your headquarters? Speak truthfully.'

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Into the Darkness

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 04, 2006 10:23 pm

Chen-Wei quickly steps inbetween the enraged dog and the guard, "Call off your dog!" The dog continues to bark and snarl, its last command was to attack this guard, and it keeps attempting to do so. Li and Fangh leap to the chase hoping to catch the fleeing man in the darkness a darkness that is home to the Shadar-Kai.

Lu Zhou turns around, only having gone a few feet to see Chen-Wei kicking at the dog while at the same time speaking to the guard. "Do not worry my friend, I will pardon your actions. You can not be faulted for following the law and doing your duty. I am Meng Chen-Wei, Prince of Tu Qing, and your rightful ruler. Come sit and have a drink of water..." Its clear the prince isn't about to tie the man up at this point when Lu comes over rapid firing questions at him. The guard looks a bit unhappy at Lu Zhou, but answers the first question, "Yes we were hunting the poacher. To kill deer in the imperial forests is a crime."

Li Li pumps his arms as hard as he can jumping and ducking through the forest. Fangh is some feet to his right, the Shadar-Kai ripping the chain from the body of the other man as he leaps agily through the forest, the darkness causes him no trouble as he can see in the darkest of conditions. Both man and Shadar-Kai point up ahead, there leaping through the trees is the bowman guard. He's struggling to move through the trees, before he slips into darkness behind a tree. 'Hiding', the bowman sits with his back to a tree in the darkness, but Fangh has no trouble seeing his legs sticking out 50 feet ahead, and even Li Li's sharp eyes, can see that those are legs and not branches.
Fangh - Darkvision Spot 23, Li Li Spot 14 vs Hide "1" (8) Success. You guys are 50 feet from him, lots of trees and brush between you and him, think leafy forest.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Into the Darkness

Post by TetNak » Thu May 04, 2006 10:42 pm

Lu Zhou looks over toward Chen-Wei and says bluntly, 'œYou do realize he is charmed?' He shakes his head, 'œSpeak up,' he says to the guard, 'œThat was not the only things asked of you. Are there other guards in this area? Do you have an outpost somewhere nearby?' The wu jen still holds his sword, and apparently is ready to use it if necessary. His eye gives the dog a short glance, but he does not seem to care, figuring the guard will need to be fought in a few moments anyway once his spell has worn off.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 04, 2006 11:42 pm

"Huh?" The man looks up, "There were four of us..." he glances back over his shoulder toward where Fangh and Li killed the two other men. "We are based out of the village of Hong Qi ("Red Flag"), to the north. There area few more of us back there in town."

Chen-Wei looks at Lu Zhou, "What do you mean he is charmed? He has come to his senses, or have you cast some trickery on him?" He drops his pack and opens the flap, thinking to get some rope out now.

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Fri May 05, 2006 1:06 am

Li looks over to his follower who seems to be one with the shadows. Slowly he raises his arm and points on the Shadar-Kai and makes a circular motion with his hand to tell the creature to move in on the right side of the provincial guard.

Li on the other hand, draws his bow again, nocks another arrow and begins to move himself in a circular path to the left of the guard, looking for a clearer shot upon the guard.