Chapter 2 - Gathering of Storms

This is the first Wang Guo game centered around the Hier of Tu Qing and the release of the Shadar-Kai from their imprisonment. It is actually set in an alternate timeline version than the new offical Wang Guo. - Run by Vardaen
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Into the Darkness

Post by TetNak » Fri May 05, 2006 8:18 pm

Lu Zhou simply sighs, 'œYou could call it trickery.' He looks at Chen-Wei expectantly, 'œPlease, bind him,' he says, 'œHe will regain his /true/ senses soon.' He looms over the guard threateningly, 'œHow do you believe I have avoided capture all these years? It was not because I could kill a thousand soldiers by looking at them with my eye ..' He points to his lone eye and smiles.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Into the Darkness

Post by Bitom » Fri May 05, 2006 10:12 pm

Fanhg either does not understand Li's gestures, or does not care to follow his instructions. Instead, he walks directly at the tree that the man hides behind, moving quietly. Once close enough, he flicks his chain around the tree and what he persumes is the man's neck level, attempting to pin him to the tree.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Last Guardsman

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 05, 2006 11:49 pm

Chen-Wei takes out a length of Jiao, bambo strip rope. It is flat much like a ribon, but it is strong and cheap to make. The Prince nods at the One Eyed Wizard and looks at the charmed guard. "I appogize for this my friend, but it will be in your best interest. Hold out your hand." The guardsman looks at Chen-wei a bit funny, but then nods, doing as his Prince tells him. Chen-Wei binds the man's hands just in time as the effects of Lu Zhou's charm is wearing off.

The poacher motions for the strange grey fleshed creature to circle around and then takes off himself around through the brush. He is forced to move slow in the night darkness, but he does so with great skill, as if stalking prey he slips around to the flank of the resting man. A clear shot through a set of trees he takes aim.
Li Li: Move Silent: 21 vs Listen 11 Success. 20ft to man's left.
Fangh doesn't understand, or care, and he just melts with the shadows of the forest and moves straight forward toward the tree. He too is soft as the wind, making only a slight rustle more than Li Li does. Creeping forward he places himself in a position behind the tree. Then with a strike of energy, like some cobra uncoiling, he pounces on the man. He whips his chain in an arc from left to right in an attempt to lasso it around the man and the tree. The chain has the reach and wraps around the man holding him to the tree. However as the spiked end comes sling shoting around the tree and Fangh attempts to grab it, to pull and hold the man fast he looses his grip on it. The guardsman raises his arms up and pushes the chain up over his head, leaving the chain to hang limp behind him, up against the tree.
Move Silently: 19 vs 13 Success

Chain Grapple: Touch Att 13 Hit. Grapple Check 5 vs "20" Failure!
The trap is sprung and Li Li, with bow out, fires at the man. His first arrow grazes the man on the shoulder, cutting through armor and sticking into the bark of the tree shattering the head. He reloads in a flash and fires again, the second shot catches the man in the chest sinking deep into the flesh. The man screams out in pain, his voice echoing through the forest.
Full Att: 15 Hit for 6 Dmg/20 Hit for 6 Dmg
Initiative: Li Li 16, Fang 7.5, Guardsman 7.2
Li Li is to the west 20ft, clear shots. Fangh is South 5 feet, behind tree.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: The Last Guardsman

Post by TetNak » Mon May 08, 2006 12:55 am

Lu Zhou replaces his straight blade and casts a short glance toward those giving chase of the last guard. His eyes return to Chen-Wei, to which he says, 'œI have many strange powers imparted to me by the Elementals.' The wu jen looks down upon the capture guard before continuing, 'œHe was obviously looking for the poacher, but we might be able to learn more from him after all.'
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Tue May 09, 2006 8:50 pm

Li curses under his breath as one of his arrows misses it's mark, even though he hit with one, it is not good enough for the hunter.

...I must be tired...

The hand moves in a flurry and a new arrows is against the string of the bow. The bow groans under the pressure and then it is released directly towards the guard. And as it leaves the string another arrow is put in its place and he fires a second arrow.
Full attack. Rapid shot

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 09, 2006 10:41 pm

The scout curses as his arrows aren't doign what he is telling them. He sets an arrow on the string and draws it back until the bow groans. Then the twang sends the arrow through the air, and again it only grazes the shoulder of it target. Li Li curses once more but silently as he places a second arrow and fires before the first has even finished shattering on the tree behind the guardsman. The second arrow pierces the throat of the man, blood spitting up out of his mouth in an instant, as his head snaps back, pinned to the tree.
22 Hit for 4 Dmg/15 Hit for 3 Dmg, DEAD
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 09, 2006 10:44 pm

Lu Zhou and Chen Wei are standing over the man who's eyes begin to loose a bit of the fog in them. "Wha...what is going on here?" Suddenly the charmed guardsman realizes what has happened. "You! What did you do to me?" He struggles against his bonds and starts to stand up when the One Eyed Wizard motions with his long blade for the man's attention. The guardsman stops, half way standing and slowly sits back down. "What manner of witchery is this? Who are you people, and why are you helping that scum poacher? Let me go, answer my questions, and I'll request that the Magistrate be merciful on you." Clearly Lu Zhou's spell has worn off.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue May 09, 2006 10:56 pm

Fanhg spins his chain back around his body to a 'stowed position that seems at once convenient and amazingly uncomfortable. Without a word, and with little sound, he walks back to where the others are gathered.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 11, 2006 2:13 am

The guardsman is dead, and the quartet is safe now. No need remains for them to stick together. Already the quick learner Fangh has picked up some of the langauge, similiar in parts to his own, and so the Shada-Kai slips off into the shadows. The poacher has no love of noblilty, be them deposed or not, and he too, with a whistle for his dog, heads off in the opposite direction. That leaves Chen-Wei and Lu Zhou to venture on alone on an epic quest to wrest the throne from the usurper and reclaim his rightful place on it...

...to be continued!

Here ends the Wang Guo game as we know it. Perhaps in the future this game will return to life, but for now. It is over. Good job all.