Chapter 1 - Brothers in Blood

This is the first Wang Guo game centered around the Hier of Tu Qing and the release of the Shadar-Kai from their imprisonment. It is actually set in an alternate timeline version than the new offical Wang Guo. - Run by Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Shadar-Kai Round 3

Post by Vardaen » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:28 pm

Initiative: Chao 23.8, Lu Zhou 23.3, Wu Ming 22, Shadow 13, Chen-Wei 6

Posting for Aramil, 3 day rule
Chao moves forward over the dead body of the grey skinned enemy. His Wo Dao sweeps in a practiced katta of the monastary. The blade slices a long line up the chest and face of the white haired Shadar-Kai. The slender 'man' howls in rage and topples backwards down the stairs out of sight with a terrible crunch of breaking bones as it does.
Chao: Att #3: (Frienzy) 19 Hit for 12! (Max Dmg Roll)
The Great One Eyed Wizard carries the fight forward, only one enemy, a shadowy form attacking Wu Ming remains...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:42 am

Lu Zhou turns to spot the creature on the opposite side of the wall. He looks like he wants to stab through the corner and into the beast's flesh, but, obviously that is impossible. 'œKill it already,' he grunts, turning band beginning to circle the pool as he calmly walks toward the last of their enemies. He avoids having to jump over the water or doing anything treacherous. The young advisor apparently considers this fight a victory and does not exert any energy in bringing the fight to the creature that is already engaged.
Walking around the water as far as I can go with a normal move. Not going over the water at all
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:25 am

Initiative: Chao 23.8, Lu Zhou 23.3, Wu Ming 22, Shadar-Kai 18, Shadow 13 ,Chen-Wei 6
Lu Zhou, the Great One Eyed Wizard, slowly stalks around the chamber, moving through the shadowy lit area. He takes messured steps and does not seem worried that the shadow, much like the one faced in the first chamber of the room, is attempting to harm Wu Ming. He circles half way around the room.

Wu Ming drops his short blade to the ground and from his back draws the sodegarami, the sleave tanggler is made of a strange cold iron, and clearly is enchanted in some manner, the Xiong Shou hopes it will be enough to harm the ghostly shadow figure. The weapon sweeps around, through the shade, and into the wall behind it with a clang of sparks and noise, but the shadow does not seem harmed.
Wu Ming: Incoporeal Miss Chance: 46 vs 50 Fail Miss
The shade reaches out, and plunges a tattered ghostly hand into the chest of Wu Ming and sends the man to the floor in a slump. To his credit, Wu Ming does not cry out, but as he body gives into the life draining effect of the shadow he can simply not support the weight of his weapons and gear any longer.
Shadow: Att Wu Ming: 18 Hit for 6 STR, Wu Ming @ 4 STR
The prince reacts...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Geist » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:22 pm

Although it comes at the expense of one of his protectors, Chen-Wei finally sees a clear opportunity to do something in this fight. The young prince runs around the water to the north. As soon as he has landed, he takes aim and throws his biao at the Shadow that has succeeded in weakening Wu Ming to the point that he can no longer stand.
15' - 20' move, whichever will give me a better chance to hit. (Could not readily locate rules on ranged increment effects.) Keeping nunchaku in off-hand in case of attack at close range. (I know I can't really do anything with it, but it does keep me from having to draw a weapon later.)
Last edited by Geist on Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Round 4

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:01 am

Initiative: Chao 23.8, Lu Zhou 23.3, Wu Ming 22, Shadow 13 ,Chen-Wei 6
Chen-Wei rushes back to the north, around the water and takes aim with a throwing star. The Prince lets a star go and the weapon passes right through the Shadow that is clutching Wu Ming's chest. The weapon passes through the shadow as if it wasn't even there, no chance in hitting the creature at all.
The Shadar-Kar are all dead, just the Shadow is left Giest.
As the others begin to move around into help Wu Ming, the Shadow merges with Wu Ming's body. The silent guardian of the Prince looks terrified as his body suddenly turns into shadow as well. He phases out, what was once solid becomes ghostly, and his scream turns etherial echoing in your minds for hours afterwards. Watching Wu Ming's life being drained from him so fully is a disturbing encounter, and Chao espcially is effected by it, knowing that when you first entered here this chould have happened to him. The two shadows rise up from the ground swirl about one another, and vanish through a broken piece of the wall never to be seen again.

You are left in the watery chamber, only three of you now and a pile of what was once Wu Ming's belongings.
I just sped shit up cause this was taking too long...

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Round 4

Post by Geist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:19 am

Chen-Wei stands silent for a full minute after Wu Ming is "spirited" away. His knees give out beneath him and he falls to his backside from the shock and surprise as well as the horror of what has just transpired.

For several minutes he is unable to do anything more than rock faintly back and forth as if in some sort of pretense of mock security. In truth, he is absolutely stunned! There are no words to describe what has just occurred.

Wu Ming is gone, and he is never coming back ...except to potentially kill them, too. Chen-Wei looks on the solitary pile of items and remembers the cold iron that Wu Ming had carried until his death. "He carried on his back a metal that could have warded off the creature that killed him." The irony is not lost in the prince's thoughts, but he is in no mood to laugh about much of anything right now.

Eventually he stands and walks slowly and carefully (not walting to slip in the water on that side of the pool) over to the pack on the floor.

The young prince takes up the cold iron and stuffs it into his pack.

"If it's the last thing I do, I will have a weapon forged of this."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:34 am

The wu jen does not make any facial expressions, and he certainly does not fall, but he stares at where the ghostly visage of their ally has departed intently. Lu Zhou waits for a few seconds and then says, 'œGet up. We need to get out of here, and get out of here now, else this will happen to the rest of us.'

Lu Zhou slides his sword back into his sheath and sighs. 'œPick through his things,' he says, 'œIt may seem cold hearted, but whatever he had of value we should take, we might need it before we leave this damned place.' Lu Zhou steps forward, joining Chen-Wei in looking at the fallen belongings, he lets the prince take the iron and then proceeds to rummage through the rest of the gear.

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Geist » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:12 am

The young prince turns a harsh, cold eye toward his advisor, and then to his friend Chao.

"We were once four. And even then we struggled hard to survive. Now we are only three. And we will be struggling hard enough for four or more to stay alive! We shouldn't even be here!"

As he hands off some of Wu Ming's equipment (preferably any food stuffs) to Chao, Chen-Wei looks hard at him. He looks deep into the soul of Chao as he has only done a few times in his life.

"We will fight together to stay alive. No more of this "We have to protect the prince" crap! We all handled ourselves horribly in this last attack! If we can't pull together more strongly in the next, then we won't be three... we will be two, then one. Then who will watch out for your precious prince eh, Lu Zhou? Soon after that there will be none. No one to find my brothers and sisters! No one to raise the armies in my father's name! No one to tell the people of the terrible sacrifices of all who had fallen in order to give them a chance to live free from tyranny!"

The prince steps away from the spot where Wu Ming fell, as Lu Zhou continues to rummage through the sack.

"Don't make me repeat this over your bodies as well. I would fear for my own sanity should that day come."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

The One-Eyed Wizard Speaks!

Post by TetNak » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:45 am

Lu Zhou pauses for only a second and then goes back to looking through Wu Ming's pack. 'œHorribly?' he quips, 'œSpeak for yourself.' Remaining stooped, and hardly seeming to pay any attention to the prince, Lu Zhou continues to speak. 'œQuit feeling sorry for yourself,' he says, 'œDo you think any of us want to die? Die for you? Die for anyone for that matter. No, I do not want to be a martyr '¦ bah! We would not even be that here in this hellhole.' The wu jen cannot stifle a chuckle, 'œChao,' he says, 'œPlease calm your over dramatic friend down ..' After taking everything of interest Lu Zhou stands and turns. 'œNow. Enough talk and more action. Let us go.'

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: The One-Eyed Wizard Speaks!

Post by Bitom » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:15 am

A voice hisses out of the empty room, speaking in the ancient language that all of the writings in this labrynth seem to be in. It seems to have no source, echoing off of the walls, but its query is present nonetheless.

"Can the animals speak? Do they understand?"

Now if only it made any sense.