Chapter 1 - Brothers in Blood

This is the first Wang Guo game centered around the Hier of Tu Qing and the release of the Shadar-Kai from their imprisonment. It is actually set in an alternate timeline version than the new offical Wang Guo. - Run by Vardaen
Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Re: The One-Eyed Wizard Speaks!

Post by Geist » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:09 am

"What?!!! You can calmly walk away from a fight that I've spent most of my time just trying to get into and now you say that you didn't..."

... ... The young prince is distracted from his rant against his advisor, for the man's own foolish acts, and begins to pay closer attention to his own surroundings.

"Hunh?" "What's that!?" ... "Who's th..."

*clears throat* "Who's there?!" The young prince, speaking first in his own native Wang Guoan, now recognizes the spoken measure of the ancient language in which he has been well versed. He repeats his question in that ancient tongue.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The One-Eyed Wizard Speaks!

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:52 pm

Aramil is way past the 3 day rule. NPCing Chao until he returns.
Chao is dumbstruck for a long while as Wu Ming is turned into a shadow and spirited away. The Sohie snaps out of it when Chen-Wei and Lu Zhou start to fight. He shakes his head and sighs, not repling to either man, but stoicly moving to the stairwell that leads down he glances around him as if he heard something, but then shakes his head and gazes down the stairs standing guard.

Zhou and Chen-wei recover various items from Wu Ming's pile of gear as a voice, and ancient voice rings out into the chamber. As each of you looks around the shadowy chamber you can not locate the source of the voice.
I'll update your sheets with stuff and send them to you.

Welcome Bitom to the game! Please go ahead and RP among yourselves without my intervention as long as you don't need me.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Voices in the dark

Post by Bitom » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:43 pm

The voice seems pleased and continues to rasp in the ancient tongue:

"One of them can speak. Why are they here? Why do they kill the shadowkin? They do not look like the guards and seem lost."

Making sense now, but not answering questions. Still... it seems like progress.

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Voices in the dark

Post by Geist » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:17 pm

"Who are you? What are you? Why are you hiding? Why are the Shadar-kai and Shadows attacking us? Didn't they try to fight against the rule of The Destroyer? How could they have become so corrupted?"

So many questions asked... but which one to answer first? The prince tries his best to dole out the ancient language finding it, strangely, much easier to verbalize speech on ancient subjects than the identity of those present.

The prince finds it difficult not to reach for his weapons at this time, but the voice is speaking in the ancient tongue and seems to be as curious about them as they are of it

"You are not a guardian either, are you? You can't possibly be a subject of the Empire! Come out so we can see you. We won't attack unless you do. Meng Chen-Wei, youngest prince of Tu Qing so swears it!"

As the words glide from his tongue they seem not to fall to the ground under the heavy weight of the power they possess, but they rather seem to take flight and flutter carefree under the ease with which such statements of power and status can be formed with the ancient tongue. It makes Chen-Wei wonder why the language was ever discarded by the educated masses (with the exception of the most studious of classes and professions... even then, it is rarely spoken other than to simply teach or to learn).

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:42 pm

What is clearly another Shadar Kai steps from the shadows... or perhaps the shadows unfold from around him and allow you to see. He's all of five feet from the Prince, and standing behind him. Unlike those that came rushing in, this one is armored and the tattoos that can be seen are black instead of red. His Hair, too, is differant. Less white and almost the exact grey color as his skin. He is also armed with several weapons, all stowed. With his distance and ability to hide, it's obvious that if he wished you harm, there would be cut throats. It seems like he's been in some kind of fight recently, though. Blood drips down from under the bracier he wears on his left arm.

"Not all that fights you is corrupt, Prince. Perhaps some is just confused from being trapped so long. would you not kill anything between you and freedom if you thought it necessary? How did you enter here? Is the way still open?"

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Geist » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:11 am

The young prince whirls around and takes in the strangely monchrome visage of the creature attached to the voice. He takes a step back, more for easing his companion's fears (for their prince's life) than for the stranger's odd, and sudden, appearance.

"Since this place was kept as a prison for so long, if the way was open, I would not tell you unless I was certain of your intentions. But, in truth, we would not be here now if we could so easily depart. So, instead I tell you that the way is closed."

"To show you that we would gladly have talked to the Shadar-kai rather than fight them, I offer you this advice. Please, do not approach me in such a manner again. These two, despite any differences, would sooner cut you down than allow you, or any stranger, to touch me."

"Do you have a name? Are there others of you that are not given to madness as the others we have encountered?"

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:21 am

The grey figure smiles, showing teeth, at least, that are white. It's clear that he has little fear of being attacked for his proximity to the Prince. But after untold years of captivity, what is there to fear save being locked up again?

"Am I not mad? Perhaps I've not escaped at all and remain in my cell. It seems to me more likely than Animals who have mastered steel and speak a language that I do not know when they argue amongst themselves."

"Yes, I am a prisoner here. But there ae prisoners justly imprisoned, and there are those held by the destroyers will. Which am I? I'll not insult your intelligence by telling you. If you are a thinking creature, you will know that either one would say the same."

Then he turns from the prnce and crosses to the center of the room, stepping into the pool of water without any mind to safety and crouching down by the skeletal head of the great serpant. "What have they done to you? You fought back, I see... but a horrible death they left you to."

Perhaps his question is a valid one. Is he not mad?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:09 am

Lu Zhou is extremely irritated, he stands from the gear and speaks back in Ancient, 'œHow about you shut up?' He steps forward, standing next to the prince, and peers at the strange creature. 'œSeriously, why should we not just kill you now and be done with it?' The wu jen waves his hand forward, 'œUnless you can led us out of here? Which you do not seem to be able to do, since you claim you are a prisoner as well '¦' The tall man rolls his eyes, 'œWe are looking for an exit,' he says, speaking slowly and using exaggerated facial expressions. 'œDo you know where one is?' He shakes his head in disgust. 'œWhat are we doing just standing here?'
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Geist » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:25 am

The young prince stands aghast at Lu Zhou even as he stands beside him. He steps away from the tall wu jen and Lu Zhou, in modern Wang Guoan, using a familiar tone. One that he has been loathe to use since leaving the caverns.

"We're not killing this creature because I gave my word! If an oath really means nothing to you, then you can go ahead and kill me now, yourself! I have no further need of insolent attitudes, treacherous acts, and threats to others under a truce! This is not the way my father would have things, and it's not the way I will have them! Of course it's wise to keep moving, but we're lost here! There's a dialogue happening now that we could have never expected to happen in a millenia! If there's a chance for diplomacy with someone who's been living here, then we have to take it, and that's not easily accomplished while on the run! We need help getting out of here, ...with the loss of Wu Ming, now more than ever! I need friends and/or loyal subjects around me right now! You need to prove, that for all your wise direction and insolent commands, you fit into one of those categories and aren't going to turn your back on myself or Chao in the future! If you can't do that, then kill me now, or get the hell away from me! How's that for dramatic? ...you pompous, uncouth, ass!"

The prince, angrier now at Lu Zhou for once again forcing him to show a commanding side of himself that he despises, seems somehow different as well. He is certainly tensed over an issue of Lu Zhou's reliability, loyalty and dedication to his word, but he also seems relieved for some reason. Perhaps this has forced him to reliquish the more horrible aspects of the vision he had recently witnessed.

"There! There's your young prince showing you some backbone! Can you handle that?"

Without turning his back to Lu Zhou, Chen-Wei addresses their "host" in the ancient tongue.

"My apologies, Shadar-kai. There is a great deal of tension one must deal with after losing a loyal servant and potential friend. ... The three whom you call animals must find a way out of here. If you wish to search for an exit, I welcome you to search with us. Perhaps we can help each other find a way out of this place. The burden shall be upon both you and I to prove our worthiness to each other before we can share any knowledge of an exit with each other. If you can prove that you are not that which the Guardians had intended to imprison, then we will share freedom with you. If there is something that you require of me, then ask it. If I am able to provide it, or believe that I can show you some measure of worthiness to you then I will give my word to it. We must leave soon, though, for we three cannot die here. We must get out to find my family and to raise an army against a treacherous regime which has usurped the lands of my father!"

"... If you can, please help us."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:52 pm

The Shadar Kai watches the exchange, although he understands none of the words spoken, the tone and intent is very clear. The one who has promised him safety is the alpha animal. The other is challanging his rule. The grey man nods understanding of this, as it is to be expected of animal interaction.

"I have seen much of the complex when I was brought here. The main entrance is that way." And he points in the direction through which you've come. "Past the places that the guardians live and study. At most time, it is well sealed to prevent the escape of my people, but..." He looks around at the crumbling walls for emphasis. "Much has changed."