Chapter 1: The Khan's Defiance

Toturi III is dead. The Empire is left without an Emperor. Toturi's wife, Toturi Kurako, rules as the Empress until her husband's written wishes can be found and acted upon.

With the Emperor dead, others seek to gain power. One such man is the Khan of the Unicorn Clan, Moto Chagatai, who currently lays siege to the Imperial City, Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigisaho.

Run by the GM TetNak
akarmicanomaly
Level 5
Level 5

Re: The Founding of the Chrystanthemum Magistrates

Post by akarmicanomaly » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:24 pm

Seppun Koshiro bows at the Empresses words, committed to the orders that are given. 'œAre the Dragon sincere in their wish to finally do their part for the empire?' His eyes flicker briefly to the Kitsuki and the clearly rehearsed, flawless, presentation.

A small part of him feels uneasy to leave the Capital, especially with the forces of the Khan so near, but never could he consider failing his duty.

'œHai Daughter of Heaven-dono.'

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:08 pm

Kitsuki Ichiro says, "I shall lead them, Empress-dono." The Dragon bows his head, then turns, looking at Koshiro for a moment.

The Daughter of Heaven is quick to speak again, "Good, now, Koshiro-san, go to the Dragon Mountains and bring the recluse clan to our side. We will need all the aid we can get in the coming months."

The audience is over. Most, if not all, bow as the Empress finally stands, is taken back from where she came, and disappears rather quickly.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:11 am

Tadao stands stoically alongside the Seppun. Bowing as the empress leaves the court chamber. He remembers the treachery of the Dragon and has decided that he shall not allow such a thing to happen again. "Your orders Seppun sama?.". The kitsu is in a foul mood. Once again looked over, his men all but forgotten. Though angry he maintains his on, showing no trace of emotion on his face. Privately he vows to himself that he will vanquish ten of the unicorn for each of the fallen of his former command. They will not be alone in death...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:44 pm

Akira stand stoicly awaiting orders from Koshiro, the Chrysanthemum Champion. He looks at Tadao, the senior officer of the last attack, the Lion has been passed over, again, it seems it is this man's fate to falter and to fail, even if the battle was won, Tadao had fallen in the fight, and it was Koshiro that lead the remaining men to victory. Yet, such combat binds men together, and his apprcication for both has only grown stronger.

He needs very little time to be ready, time enough to don his armor, and gather his weapons and his horse. He looks forward to replacing the mon of the Deathseekers on his back banner with that of the Chrysanthemum.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

akarmicanomaly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by akarmicanomaly » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:54 am

Seppun Koshiro turns to his new '˜yoriki' as the court finishes and the weight of formality drains away, replaced with his usual amiable smile and now shell-shocked eyes.

'œSome short time to prepare for our mission then?' His thoughts turn to informing his lord and family, collecting his armour and possessions and what gift to bring along to the provinces of the Dragon.

'œKitsuki Ichiro-san, I am sure with your guidance our destination and success is assured. May I enquire as to who our audience is with, who grants us the honour of gracing the halls of Shiro Kitsuki?'

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:23 pm

Akira nods to Koshiro, "I need only half an hour to collect my armor and my horse. I shall remain with you however, until you are ready Champion-sama." He remains at Koshiro's side now at all times, his new duty, to give his life to save that of Seppun Koshiro's.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:25 pm

The Dragon steps forward, bowing the Koshiro, "Kitsuki Iweko-dono," he answers, "Or whomever she sees fit for you to meet." Ichiro takes a step back, "I have been told your horses have been prepared." The man smiles, "I am pleased to announce they have given us all Utaku Steeds, it appears the Fortunes are with us for a quick journey."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:35 pm

Akira can't help but smile, "Excellent." He knows the Utaku steeds are hard to master, and they dislike non-Utaku riders, but he will tame his again, and use it to its full effectiveness. "Then I require only time to gather my daisho and armor Champion-sama." He nods his head at the Dragon thanking him for the information. "What can you tell us about the terrain between here and Kitsuki Iweko-dono? We will be well prepaired for danger if we know."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:18 pm

Ichiro nods to Akira, "It is mostly flat land until we reach the mountains," he answers. "Instead of passing through Oiku, we will leave the road soon after leaving the city. We will then head over land until near the river. The rest of the way we will use the roads. With any luck, we will reach Shiro Kitsuki in three days."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:01 pm

"Simple preparations; readiness will be quite swift." The Laughin Steel Master turns his smiling facade to Koshiro. "You command, we go."