Chapter 2: Dark Truths

Toturi III is dead. The Empire is left without an Emperor. Toturi's wife, Toturi Kurako, rules as the Empress until her husband's written wishes can be found and acted upon.

With the Emperor dead, others seek to gain power. One such man is the Khan of the Unicorn Clan, Moto Chagatai, who currently lays siege to the Imperial City, Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigisaho.

Run by the GM TetNak
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Smoke and Blood

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:37 am

The Witch Hunter nods, understanding the ronin more than he would ever admit. Often the actions one takes lead to unexpected results, even if the intentions were noble. The Kuni himself knows not how or when he will meet his end, but trusts that it will end with some dignity and purpose. As the Lost samurai in front of his begins the ceremonial cuts, he raises his katana into a high guard, the tip pointing towards the darkened heavens. As the ronin merely groaned, and did not cry out like a coward, Kuni Gidayu ends his pain, the blade of his soul cleaving the man's head clear of his body. While necessary to prevent the man from reanimating, doing it now acknowledged his courage.

Kuni Gidayu bows to the fallen body, giving what honour he can to the dead. He then turns and bows to the Champion. "Seppun-sama, it is done."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:34 am

Akira snarls at the ronin as he is questioned, and answers sort of. He then flings the head he's holding into the burning Inn. He turns with Hideki and helps him chop off the ogres head (there must be an axe for cutting wood nearby). "The body will be hard to move. Lets burn it here." He goes about gathering wood, from likely where he found an axe, he loads up the corpse and then adds fire to it from the burning Inn.

"It is done."
Tet, I don't know if I'm going to be able to keep up on this with work as it is, and Winter Court starting on the 15th. I may have to bow out at some point and then hopefully rejoin in late Janurary. Perhaps we should look at a place or job for Akira to leave the group for some solo work and return later.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

akarmicanomaly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by akarmicanomaly » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:25 pm

Koshiro stands ready by the Empress, sheathing the blade of his father as the ronin completes a courageous end to a life married with blasphemy and dishonour. 'œThis is not the Rokugan my father knew... some terrible night has fallen upon us all.' The words of Hideki shake the Champion from his dark thoughts, bringing words to his lips.

'œDusk cries coming night
Hope withers in bleak twilight
Yet, a dawn shall come'

Seeing his men ready Koshiro bows to the Daughter of Heaven. 'œLet us not linger in this place of treachery any longer; the lands of the Crane cannot be far.'

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Yaso still stands, badly hurt but still ready to travel on to wherever his empresses wishes him to go.
Big Pimpin...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:05 am

Having reported finishing his duty, the Witch Hunter moves away from Koshiro and looks over the actions of the other samurai. He finds nothing to complain about in particular. All of the bodies have been beheaded and burned. Even the ogre's body is being prepared for the flame. Noticing the Toritaka's wounds, he pulls out his medicinal supplies. "Yaso-san, while the others finish our preparations to move out, I must bind your wounds. I mean no slight on your courage, but if you remain in this state you will likely slow down our journey to safer lands. Stay still, so I may rectify the situation." While there might be other ways to have said it, the Kuni is not one for tact when straight-forward words are available.
Wound Treatment, medicine roll of 6k3. Since I have 3 ranks, if I make the TN 15 then would heal 2k1 wounds. If no one rushes me to continue on, repeat the Wound Treatment for another 2k1 wounds healed. Can only heal Yaso twice per day with my current knowledge.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:15 pm

Medicine: 6k3: 23, Success. 2k1: 6
The Kuni checks Yaso's ribs. Obviously, there are several that are broken. All he can do is apply a salve to keep down the pain and wrap them tightly. Upon his horse, the ride will be painful, but perhaps tolerable.

The Empress frowns, "Let us go as soon as we can." The last of the corpses are burnt.

The Magistrates have many enemies, and few friends, wandering Rokugan in relative isolation without knowledge of their victory or defeat at Toshi Ranbo.
Akira: Void: 2/3
Takeo: Void: 2/2
Koshiro: Void: 2/3
Eikaze: 21
Yaso: 24,
Gidayu: Void: 1/2
Day 8, Month of the Dragon, 1169
Two days have passed, and the ride has been difficult. Akira, Yaso, and Eikaze are all injured and weary. Eikaze leads the way toward Shiro sano Kakita. Anyone spoken to does not know much of the war, and no information has been passed here concerning the victory or defeat at the capital. However, the Empress has kept to herself, not wishing to announce her presence.

Finally, in the distance is the small village outside the Kakita duelist school.
This will end the chapter, please look for the new chapter start and XP.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name