Chapter 2: Dark Truths

Toturi III is dead. The Empire is left without an Emperor. Toturi's wife, Toturi Kurako, rules as the Empress until her husband's written wishes can be found and acted upon.

With the Emperor dead, others seek to gain power. One such man is the Khan of the Unicorn Clan, Moto Chagatai, who currently lays siege to the Imperial City, Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigisaho.

Run by the GM TetNak
JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Smoke and Blood

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:45 pm

The Scorpion searches the corpses of their attackers; dead men have secrets that live men never tell.
examining the corpses for identifiers

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:35 am

Hideki takes a few moments to view the groups surroundings before relaxing his grip on the foreign weapon. He's slightly surprised at such a brash attack which could have killed anyone who had been inside the inn. Whether they knew the Empress was inside or not they can hopefully find out from the man taken after the battle.

Bending over he slides the blade across the grass on both sides in to clean the weapons blade. Reheathing the weapon he looks to the Crane samurai wishing he was able to do something to help the mans wounds, but the Ashigaru's knowledge of first aid is laughable at best.

akarmicanomaly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by akarmicanomaly » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:22 am

The Champion stalks over to the fallen man, a storm of judgement already brewing in his eyes. As he moves he wipes his katana clean on the kimono of his enemies and glares at each fallen man in turn. Seeing his men gather, and Hideki's clear desire to do something, Koshiro speaks. Normally a quiet leader the aftermath of battle changes the Seppun's demeanour.

'œWe have bested our foes once again Magistrates, the Empire could want for no braver samurai! Know your ancestors watch on proudly...' Though proud of his magistrates a hint of cruelty escapes into Koshiro's tone as he continues. 'œ...unlike those shamed by these traitorous sons and daughters. Hideki-san, gather their Daisho and weapons and feed them to the flames, every trace of their dishonour ends this eve.'

He waits for the Daughter of Heaven to take command in this situation, though keeps his blade drawn in case of further treachery. The idea that their captive would resist the Empress herself is nothing more than madness to the Champion's mind.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:24 pm

The Witch Hunter moves out from the woods, similarly cleaning his katana with a pure white cloth, which will later be burned. Calmly looking about for more threats, he approaches the downed prisoner. He bows slightly to the Seppun and speaks. "Champion-sama, as these creatures were allied with a creature from the Shadowlands, I have reason to believe that they are members of the Lost. I would recommend extreme caution in handling their remains, and that if anyone does not currently wear jade, that they should come to me for such protections." He turns his gaze to the prisoner, his eyes cold and merciless. "Also, I would like to personally examine him for the signs of the Taint." He raises an eyebrow, waiting for permission before continuing.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:02 pm

Yaso finds it somewhat unnerving that even though he is so far away from the wall the Taint might be chasing them even here. At the witchhunters words he steps back from the downed Ronin flicking blood of his blade before re sheathing it. He too turns to the Champion with a slight bow apparently which seems to confront him with great pain as he only holds it shortly "Shall I go find our steeds Champion-san? Surely this is no good place to stay for too much longer."
Big Pimpin...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:48 pm

The Empress nods to Koshiro, "Question him," then preempts the Champion and nods to Yaso. "Indeed, but take someone with you, there may be more of them out there." She looks over Yaso and asks, "Are you well? You were hit by that massive beast ..."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Akira returns from the woods, where he has collected his two Magar-Yari, "I shall go with Yaso." The Lion keeps his yari in his hand, using it at times to aid his walking, his own wounds are great, but his face hidden under his mempo is nos visible to show the pain that is on it. He snaps off one of the arrows sticking out of his armor and then with Yaso heads to collect his horses, he is perhaps the best suited to dealing with the animals anyhow.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:42 pm

As the empress addresses him directly the pain in Yaso's bones momentarily gives way to an eerie feeling, he bows as deep as his shaken frame will allow him and replies "Well enough my Empress. The Crab's shell is hardened to defend you from such beasts every day and I still stand to fight in your name." he then rises again and although his movements seem stifled by pain his face remains unchanged, unwilling to show pain.
He looks around at the assembled Samurai his eyes finally resting on the former Budoka. "Hideki-san would you care to accompany me on this endeavor?"
Big Pimpin...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:49 pm

Akira, Hideki and Yaso moves into the forest to find the Utaku steeds. They remain where they were before, tied up to a series of trees. Not unexpected, they seem nervous and scared from the Shadowspawn nearby and the fire raging. With a bit of coaxing, the trio led the horses back to the battle site.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:34 pm

As the trio arrives with the Utaku steeds Yaso is panting heavily. When the beasts of burden have been secured Yaso drops back against a tree and undoes his armor to inspect the vicious bruises the Club of the Ogre had caused.
Congratualtions on 20000 Tet
Big Pimpin...