Prelude: Toritaka Yaso

Toturi III is dead. The Empire is left without an Emperor. Toturi's wife, Toturi Kurako, rules as the Empress until her husband's written wishes can be found and acted upon.

With the Emperor dead, others seek to gain power. One such man is the Khan of the Unicorn Clan, Moto Chagatai, who currently lays siege to the Imperial City, Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigisaho.

Run by the GM TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Prelude: Toritaka Yaso

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:22 pm

Ettiquete: 14, Fail
Yaso attempts to keep himself calm, but his face betrays him. The woman laughs behind her fan. "Do not concern yourself. I am no enemy of men. My father," she shrugs, "Could very well be."

She gives a look over the Falcon. "Yuudai-san is a dangerous man." She sighs, "And outside of my reach. Perhaps ... perhaps you could do the Scorpion a favor, and the Empire as a whole."
Last edited by TetNak on Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:57 pm

Yaso nods indigently. "Hai Cho-sama. In fact I am currently travelling to Toshi Ranbo to serve the Empire as a Chrystantenum Magistrate!"
Big Pimpin...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:42 pm

"A Chrysanthemum Magistrate?" she asks. "I do not know what that might be." Lady Cho's voice is steady, showing no emotion, "Either way, if you have plans to travel to Toshi Ranbo, perhaps you can catch him on your way. I cannot tell you what punishment he should received, but, as a Crab, I believe you know what must be done to any that hold the Taint of the Shadowlands." Her head turns, nodding to one of her yojimbo, "Take this sum of koku to help you on your way. My men will see you to the pass. There are quicker ways across the mountains than most know."

The yojimbo hands out a sack full of koku to Yaso.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:26 pm

Yaso bows to Lady Cho.
"Hai Cho-sama. Anyone carrying the taint and wishing to spread it deserves nothing but a swift death. I was planning on travelling further on the Kobune "the Lucky Arrow" and will have to return there quickly to recover my belongings"
Big Pimpin...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:29 pm

The woman says, "Very well. Meet Tobo-san at the north gate in one-half hour." She finally pulls her fan away from her face, exposing what Yaso has to think is the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. "Good luck, Falcon-san."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:32 pm

Yaso face slightly reddens at tthe joy of seeing such beauty then he bows again and replies "I will not disapoint you, and I will inform you once I have fullfilled my duty." with that he rises and quickly heads out back to the lucky arrow, his heart racing, and his pride invigorated by a sense of duty.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:19 pm

The Falcon collects his gear and is off the boat as quickly as he boards. He finds his Falcon waiting on the rails of the ship. The bird relocates to Yaso's shoulder as he makes for the northern gate. He arrives very early, and instantly spots the yojimbo Tobo waiting for him.

Tobo waves over to the Falcon, having two Rokugani ponies waiting. "Come, we should hurry, it is night, and undoubtedly Yuudai has something up his sleeve."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:02 pm

Yaso bounds towards Tobo and jumps onto his steed hastily driving the horse out of the City Gate. As they ride he says to Tonbo "Fear not that he might surprise us for we Falcon have sharp eyes and ears."
Big Pimpin...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:55 pm

"Good, you will need those sharp eyes, Falcon. Yuudai is dangerous." The yojimbo seems to show more fear or at least trepidation when dealing with the man known to Yaso as Yuudai. The pair ride out in the night in darkness ...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:26 pm

Day 1, Month of the Ox

The days have passed in horrible conditions. After leaving the Scorpion lands Yaso has been completely on his own. The weather has been colder as he has come north, snow falling and slowing his way. At least he has enough koku to arrive at the capital, Toshi Ranbo. The Falcon had actually avoided any meeting with Unicorn, who are rumored to be on their way to attack the capital itself. They will soon be his enemies, he knows, and takes care to keep out of their way by asking if any had been seen and avoiding paths that might bring him into contact with them.

During the whole time there is no sign of Yuudai. In fact, although miserable, there has been no danger to be spoken of. Yaso had seen a bar fight, but nothing else. The local doshin took care of it quickly and the samurai's involvement was not needed.

Eventually, on the first day of the new month Toritaka Yaso arrives at the western gate of Toshi Ranbo. The gate is guarded heavily by budoka and actually samurai wearing the colors of the Scorpion clan.