Prelude: Toritaka Yaso

Toturi III is dead. The Empire is left without an Emperor. Toturi's wife, Toturi Kurako, rules as the Empress until her husband's written wishes can be found and acted upon.

With the Emperor dead, others seek to gain power. One such man is the Khan of the Unicorn Clan, Moto Chagatai, who currently lays siege to the Imperial City, Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigisaho.

Run by the GM TetNak
mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Prelude: Toritaka Yaso

Post by mackaber » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:27 pm

Yaso is somewhat confused but realizes that the Matsu had no opportunity to look at his paers. "Forgive me, this one is Toritaka Yaso"
Big Pimpin...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:40 pm

He's an akodo
"Good to meet you, Yaso-san," the young man says. He cannot be more than a year from his gennpaku, and has a strange whisical look to his face. Everything seems perfect in his porcelain face. There is no war. There is no evil.

"Have you met the Hand of Justice?" Nobatudo asks, "He is a great man. Strong. Vigilant. A samurai we should all emulate."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:10 pm

"Never before have I come to the Imperial city Nobatodu-san. Thus I have never had the opportunity" Yaso replies as he strides along with the young man, not quite sure who this hand of justice might be but with a hunch that he might meet him soon.
Big Pimpin...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:17 pm

"Ah," Nobatodu quips, "He was in the Imperial Legion," he says, "He rose up from obscurity to make his name!" The boy obviously is very enamored by the champion. "Seppun Koshiro-sama is the greatest samurai I have ever met! And Matsu Akira-sama," he says with a laugh, "He is the heart if the Champion-sama is the brain. Such fire and passion!"

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:34 pm

Yaso allows himself a slight friendly smile at the Akodo's words "Then I hope I will soon have the honor to meet these great men." he replies approvingly towards the Lion.
Big Pimpin...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:51 pm

Nobatudo smiles and laughs, "You will not be disappointed!" The pair wind through the streets, Nobatudo taking a few shortcuts through a pair of alleyways, which Yaso already sees to have shaven off minutes of their trip. It takes a good thirty minutes to even get to the stairs leading up to the Imperial donjon. They pass three sets of guards, who look at both Nobatudo and Yaso's papers. Eventually, they circle a garden and pass under an arch, walking down a stone path toward another set of stairs. "The Magistrate's offices," he says, walking up the stairs and toward the sliding paper door there.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:14 pm

As they pass through the streets of the Imperial City Yaso tries to take in as many impressions as he can while keeping up with the swiftfooted young Lion. Yaso merely smiles approvingly at the mention of their arrival anticipation rising up within him when considering the imensity of everything about him.
Big Pimpin...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:34 pm

The Imperial City is grand. That is the first impression. Larger than anything he has ever seen before. Every garden is beautiful, and every home, even those of the peasants, are decorated with color and life.

Nobatudo slides open the door and peers inside. There is no one there.

"Looks as though we are early, Yaso-san," the Lion says.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:15 pm

"Oh" replies Yaso. "Shall we wait outside. Or perhaps you could show me around a little?"
Big Pimpin...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:24 pm

"I am not ..."

Suddenly, from behind them, both samurai hear, "Akodo-sama." They turn and peer down the stairs and find a man moving up them ...

Nobatudo squints, apparently not recognizing the man at first glance ...
Welcome Nate to this thread!