Prelude: Hideki, Luckiest Peasant in Rokugan

Toturi III is dead. The Empire is left without an Emperor. Toturi's wife, Toturi Kurako, rules as the Empress until her husband's written wishes can be found and acted upon.

With the Emperor dead, others seek to gain power. One such man is the Khan of the Unicorn Clan, Moto Chagatai, who currently lays siege to the Imperial City, Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigisaho.

Run by the GM TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Eta, the Dead, and Maho

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:09 pm

"Hideki-sama?" Sachiko says, raising her voice to get the budoka's attention. "I am sorry to bother you, but I wanted to ensure you had everything you needed. I have heard you will be leaving us tomorrow." There is a slightly look of disappointment on her face before she collects herself with an emotionless stare that waits for a reply.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:39 pm

Hideki stands up at the sound of the womans voice as it breaks the silence, and turns to face her. "Yes Sachiko, I was informed this afternoon that I am to serve the Chrysanthemum Magistrate as a Yoriki... If he will have me that is."

Hideki motions to the Kimono, and armor sitting still on the bed. "I am to report to the Imperial Donjon tomorrow morning at first light. Where I am to go from there I do not know."

The young man noticing the look of disappointment on the womans face pauses for a moment. Then looks directly at her and speaks again. "Is there something you wish to say?" he asks. "I owe you much for your kindness, and hospitality. If there is something on your mind you may speak freely to me."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:43 pm

Sachiko smiles, "What an honor!" She bows her head, "I am sure the Magistrate will have you, Hideki-sama!"

When Hideki asks her about her loss of On her humor fades and she bows her head low again, "I am sorry, Hideki-sama, I did not mean to offend you. It is just nice to have someone in the house." He pauses, "I ... please, Hideki-sama, come with me." She takes a step back and raises her head.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:25 pm

Hideki nods and follows Sachiko. "You may call me just Hideki." he says as he moves. "Especially in your home, there is no need for titles."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:15 pm

The woman nods, "As you wish, Hideki." Sanchiko basically takes the budoka to the other side of her home. There she pulls back the door and walks into the room.

Inside is a large box, both in width and height. She opens the box, "I wish to give you something. Something my husband and his brother both found, or purchased." She sighs, "At the time I though they were crazy, but ... well ... here."

In the box Hideki spots two different and strange items. First, he spots a blade, but nothing like a katana or wakizashi. Instead, the blade is thick, completely symmetrical, and straight. The blade is sharp on both sides and comes to a point. Sanchiko says, "My husband called this a ... gladius." She fumbles with the obviously foreign word.

Next Hideki spots to small yaris, but different. They are heavy, and obviously meant to be thrown. They are not made like Rokugani yari, but it is not obviously what its made of. Hideki realizes this would weight someone down badly if it stuck in their armor or flesh ...

Hideki is not fool and realizes this is all gaijin equipment ...

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:09 pm

"Thank you Sachiko." Hideki says "I am honored that you would offer this to me, but I could not accept this."
Would it be considered acceptable for me to use these weapons?

Also I had read something somewhere about I'm supposed to refuse a gift twice or something... I don't know if that would apply in this kind of circumstance or not... But either way I would still refuse this first time.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:14 pm

Sachiko smiles and bows, "Please, Hideki, I would be honored if you accept these."
Yes, it would be. You gain the Gaijin Gear advantage. Basically they are considered exotic treasures. You are supposed to refuse 3 times before accepting, but we can skip through that if you just say you refuse 3 times, etc

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:34 pm

Hideki refuses the womans gift another two times before finally accepting the gift. "Thank you Sachiko." He replies, bowing to her,as he accepts the gift on her fourth request. "Though it is I am who is honored by this gift."

Hideki Pauses for a few seconds and picks up the 'gladius' studying the blade for a few moments. Then puts the weapon back down, and looks at the two 'Yari' like weapons, studying them as well.

"Thank you again Sachiko. I have known you for just a day, and already I feel honored to have met you."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:43 pm

Sachiko smiles and bows her head, "It is I who am honored to have housed a Magistrate!" She takes a short step back, "I will leave you Hideki-san, and tend to food preparations for the evening."
We can move to the next day if you don't have much else you want to do

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:09 pm

Hideki smiles at her, and nods. After she leaves he picks up the weapons she had given him and takes them to the room he had been staying in, and places them on the bed next to the armor.
We can skip ahead to tomorrow, There is something I would like to do on the way to the Imperial Donjon though.

I'm also not sure which would be more appropriate to wear to the Donjon, the Kimono, or the Armor, but whichever it would be that's what I would wear tomorrow... (If Hideki knows that is.)

Also I had told her no titles, so I don't know if typing Hideki-san, is the way two people would normally talk to eachother if they are considering themselves 'equal', or if that was just a mistaken typing thing...