Prelude: Hideki, Luckiest Peasant in Rokugan

Toturi III is dead. The Empire is left without an Emperor. Toturi's wife, Toturi Kurako, rules as the Empress until her husband's written wishes can be found and acted upon.

With the Emperor dead, others seek to gain power. One such man is the Khan of the Unicorn Clan, Moto Chagatai, who currently lays siege to the Imperial City, Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigisaho.

Run by the GM TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Eta, the Dead, and Maho

Post by TetNak » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:23 pm

The woman departs and begins preparing food. Hideki spends the rest of the night in the company of the woman and her servants. He gets the best night sleep in a long while, and in the morning wakes, bathes, and prepares to head to the Imperial Donjon.
-san is generic for equals. Only those that know each other very well use none at all. Otherwise, it is a sign of disrespect to a lesser. Even those that are actually of higher status, say the Empress, might call other samurai -san (and probably would) to show respect. However, the samurai is definitely going to use -sama toward someone of higher status.
Hideki bathes and dons his armor for the first time. He might be going straight to battle as far as he knows. He brings all his gear with him ...
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:41 pm

With his armor on, Hideki looks at the equipment he has. Reaching first for the Gladius, he straps that onto the side of his hip. The two shorter Yari's he takes up next seeing if there's any way to strap them onto his back.

The last item the young Yoriki will grab is his trusted Yari. The Gladius Sachiko had given him was nice indeed, but this yari has served him well on multiple occasions.

Hideki then grabs his coinpurse with the 20 Koku in it, and heads out the door to inform Sachiko he is leaving.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:53 pm

Sachiko is not in the house. She seems to be up and gone early. Hideki is able to fix both the strange yaris on his back, holding his own, and strapping the gladius onto his hip.

With his gear, and the koku, Hideki takes his leave of the woman's home and prepares for his life as a yoriki.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:41 pm

Hideki heads out the door a bit surprised not to have found Sachiko home before he had left. Not that she owed the young man a goodbye, but he had felt as if he owed her one for her hospitality. Stepping out the door the young Yoriki looks around, and moves quickly towards the village.
I know this may sound lame, but before Hideki hits up the Donjon, he'll head into town to see if he can send somebody to Sachiko's house with a 'thank you' gift for letting him stay at her home, and see if he can get someone to deliver it to her house.

Preferably he'd be looking for something like an orchid, or some kind of 'exotic' flower.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:56 pm

Hideki searches the Imperial district, his new found mon and armor giving him more respect than he is due, perhaps. People stop and bow, almost expecting him to be a samurai. Eventually he finds an ikebana artist that arranges a beautiful arrangement for the former ashigaru.

Hideki is no expert, but it looks good to him, perhaps it would be better from a Crane courtier, but this is what he has to work with. The cost is a full koku, which is expensive, but Hideki has plenty to work with.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:16 pm

Hideki hands the man one of the koku, and gives him the directions to deliver it. He waits to see if the man has any questions, and then heads directly to the Imperial Donjon. The young man knows that he has been given a great honor in his appointment to the Chrysanthemum Magistrate, and would hate to dishonor himself by arriving late.
I wasn't overly explicit before, but I was hoping to find something that is still alive and not picked. If it's more I would pay more... unless of course the price gets rediculous...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:32 pm

The live flowers are sent to Sachiko. Hideki then turns and immediately heads to the donjon. Eventually he gets there, and after a while of searching, finds what is told to him to be the Chrysanthemum Magistrates' offices.

He spots two others walking up a short flight of stairs. He actually recognizes on of them, Akodo Nobatudo, a young man that has been seen around Seppun Koshiro, Matsu Akira, and Kitsu Tadao. He seemed nothing more than a boy to Hideki, but realizes that this must be the place just the same. The other man he does not know, and cannot spot his mon from this distance.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:46 pm

Hideki moves to follow the two men. Likely That Akodo Nobatudo would be headed towards where he is supposed to end up meeting with Koshiro-sama.

Hideki moves quicker as his mind wanders, not wanting to be late...
Would Akodo Nobatudo be referred to as -sama ?

I have no clue what his 'station' is so I'm not sure what I would refer to him as if I catch up to him and the other man. The other guy I'm assuming I wouldn't know until I saw his mon.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:49 pm

Hideki starts up the stairs and sees Nobatudo pull open the door. He cannot see anything inside at this point.
Anyone of the samurai class would be -sama to Hideki. Only peasants would be -san, and only eta would be nothing

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:15 pm

"Akodo-sama." Hideki says to get the his attention, bowing as he reaches the top of the stairs. Hideki holds back the urge to ask if this is where he should be to find Seppun-Koshiro, realizing it may not be appropriate to begin asking questions immedaitely, at least not until he is introduced to the other man.
Cool, I just wasn't sure if he was samuria class or not. Also not sure if I should have said anything to greet the other man I don't know...