Prelude: Hideki, Luckiest Peasant in Rokugan

Toturi III is dead. The Empire is left without an Emperor. Toturi's wife, Toturi Kurako, rules as the Empress until her husband's written wishes can be found and acted upon.

With the Emperor dead, others seek to gain power. One such man is the Khan of the Unicorn Clan, Moto Chagatai, who currently lays siege to the Imperial City, Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigisaho.

Run by the GM TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Eta, the Dead, and Maho

Post by TetNak » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:25 pm

The peasant heads back into town and out of the eta district. Although he knows he must find Toshinaka, it would very improver not to cleanse himself after being in the presence of the dead and the eta.

Hideki finds a quickly bathhouse and completes his cleansing of the soul and body. Afterward, he wastes no time in seeking out the samurai. However, he has no idea where he might be in the massive city.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:29 pm

Hideki sighs as he leaves the bathhouse. After his injury yesterday, he would have enjoyed relaxing there all day if he could. Unfortunately he now has work to do.

The young man turns to head to the temple. If he's not there, somebody may know where I could find him. He thinks to himself.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:25 pm

Hideki searches for Toshinaka where he might find him. It takes a good hour, and many false steps, but eventually he is directed into a tea house. Immediately he spots Toshinaka seated there, drinking tea, and reading over a scroll.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:20 pm

Hideki moves into the Tea house walking towards the seppun. "My apologies for the interruption Seppun-Toshinaka, may I speak with you for a minute?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:24 pm

Toshinak loos up, "Ah, Hideki," he says, not using any suffix as appropriate for both of their classes. "Please, sit," he says, nodding toward the mat on the opposite side of the table. "Tea?" he asks, though there is currently only one cup.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:36 am

"Thank you -sama." He says as he bows, and then moves to sit at the spot the Seppun had indicated. "I had gone out with the Doshin that were sent to get me today Seppun. The two men were most dishonorable, and thought it proper to beat an innocent man."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:37 am

Toshinaka nods absently, "I know." He waves over the serving woman and she brings another cup for Hideki. "I wanted you to see that authority is not always right." He sighs, "How is your head?" he asks of the knockout blow the Seppun had given him the day before.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:19 am

"It is healing well -sama, and a lesson I'm sure I'll not be soon to forget." Hideki replies as he waits for the serving woman to bring a cup for his tea.

"What of the two Doshin, and the body collector, Toshinaka-sama? I fear the man may be harassed or attacked by them again."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:24 am

Toshinaka shakes his head. "They are likely being arrested as we speak." The woman arrives and bows, resting the cup in front of Hideki.

"There is more work to be done, but, I may be secondary." He frowns, "We are under siege, after all." He sighs, "It is assumed the Chrysanthemum Champion shall return tomorrow." He pauses, "If he accepts it, you will be assigned to him as a yoriki."

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:02 pm

Hideki, a bit shocked at the news, just nods to Seppun Toshinaka. Learning that he is going to be named a Yoriki when Seppun Koshiro returns is a bit of a shock to him, at least for it to happen this quickly...

Hideki grabs the teapot and pours his tea, and attempts to keep his hand from shaking as he pours it. He's definitely nervous, and from the way Toshinaka had just told him, it sounds as if Seppun Koshiro could still say no.