Chapter 2a: Confessions

Toturi III is dead. The Empire is left without an Emperor. Toturi's wife, Toturi Kurako, rules as the Empress until her husband's written wishes can be found and acted upon.

With the Emperor dead, others seek to gain power. One such man is the Khan of the Unicorn Clan, Moto Chagatai, who currently lays siege to the Imperial City, Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigisaho.

Run by the GM TetNak
JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: The Dead

Post by JohnnyWeird » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:46 am

"Ah well. It would be foolish to assume the villain had our convenience in mind."

Carrying the peasant slowly, Takeo proceeds onto the street until he sees one or two men standing idle.

"You there! This man is hurt; please help me carry him."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:40 pm

Takeo gets Hideki up, and touches the former ashigaru, which will cause a need for the Scorpion to be cleansed very soon. He helps the man a few blocks before they spot another peasant, who races toward them. He looks over Hideki, making sure he is not a samurai, and when it is clear he is not, helps Takeo take Hideki wherever they might be going.
I'll assume Takeo donned his armor and gear again, hiding the nasty scar on his chest
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:37 am

I thought I'd mention that, sorry I was unclear.
Takeo resists the urge to laugh at the thought of cleansing. In all of this it is clearly the pollution of this noble peasant that he need worry about most! Undaunted, he turns to the loyal ashigaru.

"We must make haste to the Champion, Hideki-san. Koshiro-sama will be eager to hear what we have to report."

To the peasant Takeo smiles gratefully.

"My thanks. You will be rewarded for your assistance."

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:55 am

"Hai... -sama.." Hideki replies, struggling to keep moving even with the two men assisting him. "Koshiro-sama... will know what to do..."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:00 am

It takes the trio a half hour to return to the Imperial Donjon. Not surprisingly, they had been dumped in one of the peasant districts in Toshi Ranbo.

The three of them start to head through the gardens and spot the young Nobatudo. He begins rushing over to the injured Hideki and the pair carrying him. "Magistrate-sama," he blurts out to Takeo, "Is everything okay?"

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:27 am

"Better than okay, Nobutado-san! Hideki will require medical attention, but we have learned a great deal in our inquiries! Tell me, do you know if the Champion is in attendance?"

Takeo speaks quickly, excitement visible despite the arduous trip.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:41 am

The boy shakes his head, "He has not returned yet." The day is drawing close to an end, and the night will soon be upon them. "The Karo is here, however," he says. "I am not sure what he is doing, but he is inside." He looks over Hideki quickly, "Shall I go for aid for Hideki-san?" Hideki might find it strange Nobatudo to call him -san, he is, after all, a samurai, even as young as he is.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:24 pm

"Hai, Thank you... Nobatudo-sama." Hideki replies forcing himself to stay both upright, and awake.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:45 am

"Indeed! The man has comported himself most honorably; no aid is too dear! In the meantime, where shall I find the Karo?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:42 pm

Nobatudo points toward the magistrates' offices, "Inside, I believe. He was ready to send me off to find everyone, I believe." He frowns, "I may still go to look for the Champion-sama if he does not return soon."

The Lion waves, "Now, stay here, please, I shall return with someone to aid you." Nobatudo takes off in a sprint, rushing to the nearest temple, presumably. However, just because of distance and explanation, it will take the youth a small amount of time to return.