Prelude: Leaving Home

Toturi III is dead. The Empire is left without an Emperor. Toturi's wife, Toturi Kurako, rules as the Empress until her husband's written wishes can be found and acted upon.

With the Emperor dead, others seek to gain power. One such man is the Khan of the Unicorn Clan, Moto Chagatai, who currently lays siege to the Imperial City, Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigisaho.

Run by the GM TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Prelude: Leaving Home

Post by TetNak » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:04 am

"I shall make preparations," Seishiro says.

Several hours pass after sending a courier, Seishiro enters Eikaze's makeshift room. "Eikaze-san, prepare yourself, you must go at once!" The man is out of breath.

Miyoko frowns, sitting by her childhood friend, "Be careful ..."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

WinterRat1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WinterRat1 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:14 am

Day 2, Month of the Dragon, 1169
Turning to Miyoko, he smiles gently. "I am always careful Miyoko-san. Do not worry, I will see you again soon. Until then, take care."

Rising smoothly to his feet, Eikaze bows to his superior. "I am ready Doji-sama."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:56 pm

I need to move this ahead. I'm expecting you to post once every three days. If you cannot adhere to that, I am prepared to pause your game and get you into it a different way. I do not want to weight down the normal party. If you cannot meet it, we will consider this post retconned.
Eikaze makes his way toward the donjon. He is questioned by the Empress' guard, a Seppun named Toshinaka. Eventually, Eikaze tells of Toshinaka of the letter he received. Toshinaka copies the information and requests Eikaze on a special mission. The Doji is to aid removing the Empress from the city. He is to use the knowledge in the letter to do so, and is stations just outside the north gate of Toshi Ranbo to do just that.

WinterRat1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by WinterRat1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:00 am

Day 2, Month of the Dragon, 1169
Eikaze bows to Toshinaka. "I am prepared to serve the Empress in whatever capacity is required of me. What are my orders when I arrive outside the north gate of Toshi Ranbo?"
I apologize, I have allowed my posting discipline to slip in the midst of a lot of recent life changes.

I'm used to a more relaxed posting pace and I admit I didn't take the 3-day rule literally; I viewed it more as a general standard.

I will be more cognizant of it and adhere to that standard more stringently moving forward. If it becomes apparent to me I cannot consistently meet that standard I will let you know.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:36 pm

"Protect the Empress!" Toshniaka says, "Now, you will lead the Utaku steeds we have captured to the location in question. From there, you will be under Seppun Koshiro's command."

Quickly, as if caught up in a tsunami, Eikaze is shown to the stabled and quickly ushered out of the city. He stands there, alone, perhaps a league north of the city, holding a half dozen Utaku steeds. Far from glamorous, certainly, but after a short while he spots a group moving toward him from the south.
You should post to the main thread now.

The 3-day rule is to try to keep games going at a fairly quick clip. PbP is slow enough as it is.