Chapter 2b: Facing Yuudai

Toturi III is dead. The Empire is left without an Emperor. Toturi's wife, Toturi Kurako, rules as the Empress until her husband's written wishes can be found and acted upon.

With the Emperor dead, others seek to gain power. One such man is the Khan of the Unicorn Clan, Moto Chagatai, who currently lays siege to the Imperial City, Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigisaho.

Run by the GM TetNak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Chapter 2b: Facing Yuudai

Post by TetNak » Wed May 20, 2009 6:30 pm

This thread is for ManWithDoor, Nate, and Mackaber
Toritaka Yaso, Kuni Gidayu, and the peasant Hideki pass through a different mirror leading to Yuudai. A split second after they step into the mirror, they step on the stone floor. The room is dank, and is obviously below the earth, and even now Nao's rant can be heard just before them.

Lanterns light the room, but leaves many shadows lingering. The far wall is set with chains, and there are two people in them, clasped tight to the wall with no fear for any escape.

"Something is ..." the tall, dark, man says, turning and peering at the samurai that just arrived. "Wrong," he continues. "We have company ..."
Just go ahead and post an intro, I'll do initiatives afterward
Last edited by TetNak on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Chapter 2b: Facing Yuudai

Post by mackaber » Thu May 21, 2009 2:38 am

Yaso sreadies his breath as he steps forward to encounter the man who had deceived him and lead him to be here, he feels uneasy in his presence, wonderingif it is merely the taint which is unsettling him or the mans mere presence.

"This will end now Bayushi Yudai" Yaso says as he draws forth his Katana with a steady hand, mentally already calculating his best route of attack.
Big Pimpin...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu May 21, 2009 4:15 am

The Kuni growls low in his throat as he advances, his katana held low and out. He speaks loudly, his voice full of rage. "I am Kuni Gidayu of the Crab. Your crimes against the Celestial Heavens have attracted the attention of the tsukai-sagasu. You are hereby sentenced to death, the punishment to be carried out immediately." With that he rushes forward, intending to enforce his judgment swiftly.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Thu May 21, 2009 6:43 pm

Hedeki moves to the front of the group, with the gladius in his hand. Eying the man known as Yuudai he says nothing, and just adjusts his grip on his foreign sword.

Staring intently he thinks of the Trouble this man is, the vileness of his actions the last time he saw him, and the threat he poses to Koshiro-sama, and the rest of the empire.

Leaning forward, and angling the Yari he carries still in his left hand towards the foul man, the young Ashigaru readies himself to charge.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu May 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Yaso 40, Gidayu 24, Yuudai 19, Nao 18, Hideki 13
The traitorous Karo screams, "Guards!"

Before anything more happens, Yaso prepares for the attack.
Everyone is in range (15 feet)

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri May 22, 2009 4:30 am

Gidayu stares balefully at the traitors in the room, but is more concerned with the actions of the one called Yuudai than his minions. Focusing the cleansing and purifying power of the earth into his chi, he flows towards the maho-tsukai, his family katana slicing in a blur of motion designed to cripple or kill the false-shugenja before he can act.
Make 2 raises for an extra attack, as per the Rank 1 Witch Hunter Technique, instead of 4 raises. 7k3+4 is the attack roll, 5k2 for the damage. Assuming I don't die in before my first action, this is what I want to do. If I take significant wounds (-5 wound penalty or more), make no raises and do a normal attack.

So everyone knows, I'm going to be out this weekend at an Anime Convention in San Jose, CA. My swordfighting group and I will be teaching katana-fighting, knife-fighting, tai chi, and Women's Self Defense. We'll also be doing a demo on shield/spear fighting, and a few panels. So basically we'll be working from 10 am to 2 am every day. Yikes! I'll be back and conscious Monday night or Tuesday morning.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri May 22, 2009 11:56 am

Yaso launches himself forward as the falcon launches himself on his pray, the words of the tsukai-sagasu strengthen his resolve and determination. His Kiai shout sounds loud and clearly through the halls as he pounces on the traitor Yudai his Katana circlling downward in a vicious chop thta holds nothing back.
Full Attack. Attack Yuudai. Together with my rank 2 Tech and Kenjutsu 5 mastery ability that means 6 free raises for Yaso this round. Use 4 of them for the additional attack maneuver and 2 to lower Yudai's TN by 10. So roll 7k2+8 for attack and 6k2+3 for damage twice. Presumably cowad should apply so raise my TN by 5.
Big Pimpin...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri May 22, 2009 7:41 pm

The maho-tsukai raises his arms in shock. "No!" But before he can do anything Yaso's katana cuts straight through both of his arms, chopping them both off at the forearms.

Blood sprays over Yaso's body as he turns, screaming, and driving his blade deep into Yuudai's stomach. The man's eyes roll back into his head, falling straight backward and off the Crab's katana. Yuudai's body hits the ground with a thud.
Attack #1: 21 + 5 (Emphasis) + 3 (Tech) = 29 vs. - 10 TN (Full Attack) + 5 (Coward) = -5 TN, Success.

Attack #2: 41 + 5 + 3 = 50 vs. +5 Tn, Success

Dmg: 27 - 10 = 17 (Void)
Dmg: 25
Total = 42, Out
Not sure with MwD is still here, but his move is basically moot now ...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed May 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Nao is just as shocked as Yuudai. He does not even have a chance to defend himself. The Kuni's blade cuts through his side, and Nao screams in anguish, grabbing the wound and dropping to his knees. As he does, he reaches toward the nearby wall, pulling down on a lever. The samurai can hear some mechanism move in the far hallway.

"Please, spare me!" he yells, his wakizashi firmly set in its saya for the moment.
Attack: 23, Success. Dmg: 18. Injured, +15 TN
Hideki decides to ...
Yuudai: - 42, Out
Nao: - 18, Injured, +15 TN

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Thu May 28, 2009 1:39 am

Hideki Turns away from Nao, and the now deceased Yuudai, to face the far wall. looking through the room to see what is happening. He doesn't believe the man who wishes to surrender, but is of the belief that Gidayu-sama is more than capable of handling the man, even if he is lying.

Shifting into a defensive stance as he faces the wall, Hideki watches cautiously...
Full Defense...